Thirteen: New Job

You and Annie had become a lot closer within the past week, it was nice. And things with Asher were going great, but he would be leaving to finish up filming for the Disney show he was in the next day, and it made you sad. But you were happy for him, of course.

Another exciting thing for you was that you gained a huge following ever since the music video. It was cool, and you were thinking about even getting more involved in social media. Maybe try to sing? Maybe start making YouTube videos? You didn't know, but you didn't want to just be known as "Asher's best friend" to everyone.

Speaking of Asher, you didn't know whether or not to text him first that morning.

Ever since the shooting of the music video, Asher would face time you every night. Then you'd both go to sleep while on call. The night before, you both started talking about your feelings for each other.

"You know, I still really like you y/n. Not in just a friend way, I'm pretty sure you know that. But I was wondering if maybe you had something different to tell me?" He said.

You were kind of surprised, but responded.

"Yeah, I think I do.. I'm sorry for last time, that's not how it should've went. I really like you too Ash, I really do. But, I don't know if I can risk that over a friendship I've had for what seems like forever."

"I know, I get that. And you don't need to be sorry. But it takes that risk to have that chance for something different between us, angel." He sighed.

"How are you able to take that risk? What if something ruins it for us, what if I ruin it for us?" You asked.

He sat still for a second. "I promise you, you won't. Nothing will ruin us unless you let it."

You sat silently for a few seconds, because he was right. Not unless you let it.

"Asher you need to go to bed, or you're not gonna be very happy in the morning." Coco came in and waved to the camera.

"I don't have to get up in the morning though." He said, Coco shook her head.

"Yeah you do, you have an appointment remember?" She said, reminding him.

"Oh yeah!" He whisper-shouted. Well, I gotta go now."

"Oh, okay. Goodnight." You said with a feeling of relief. One way out of that conversation.
Asher smiled.

"Yeah, goodnight." He responded, then ended the call.

You decided you wanted to be the first to text him anyways.
-
you: good morning :))
-
After texting him you started getting ready for the day. You brushed your teeth and hair, then put on some different clothes. Afterwards you look at your phone to see that he texted you back already.
-
ash💙: good morning angel
ash💙: after my appointment wanna come over while i pack for tmrw?
-
You were happy he texted you back right away, but he only reminded you that he was leaving the next day.
-
you: yeah i can help if u want :)
ash💙: okayy gtg i'll text u when we're done
ash💙: i love u
you: love u too 🥺 bye
-
As you waited for time to go by, your mom enters your room. She greets you with a soft smile, but her eyes showed a different emotion.

"Good morning, what do you plan on doing today?"

"I was just gonna go see Asher, can I?" You respond worriedly.

She nods. "Of course, but there's something I need to tell you- well, something your father hasn't talked to you about."

You started to think, but nothing came up. What did he have to tell you?