4

Jackson

I pull up in the drive way and make my way slowly in the house and close the door softly behind me.

Ahem.

A small voice says from behind.

"Oh hello mother." I say while trying to be cute and wrap my arms around her waist. She pushes me off.

"We are having dinner guests today with my boss, his wife, and child. Give me the keys so I can go buy some more stuff for tonight. While I'm out , please make yourself look approachable." She says while staring at me with her cold eyes. She snatches the keys out of my hand and slams the door as she leaves.

"Approachable please!" she screams while driving off.

Approachable? What I'm wearing isn't approachable. Is being naked approachable enough? I chuckle at my joke and head to my room to take a shower. I think about Mark and our previous conversation and his soft smile. It wasn't a regular smile but one of those smiles after a long time of pain and suffering. I get out the shower and find something to wear. I pick out a nice button up shirt and a pair of dark jeans along with my blue and white jordans. Approachable right?

I head back into the kitchen to see my mother cooking and having pots every where.

"Mom...the kid isn't some annoying brat right?"

She laughs. "No, they're about your age."

The doorbell rings and she starts to panic.

"Hey go answer that will ya? While I fix everything in here. Be polite please."

I walk to the door and a man and his wife stood with their arms locked at the elbows.

"Good Evening sir. This is the residence of Mrs.Wang, corrrect?"

I nod. "Come on in, the food is almost ready."

They walk in when I spot a familiar red head walking behind them.

** cliff hanger! hehe that's why it's short. **