7

Jackson

We make it inside the classroom a few minutes after the bell and Jessica hurries off to her group of friends in the back of the class.

"Well aren't you two late to class?" Mrs. G., our English teacher, says to us while switching eye contact between the both of us.

Mrs.G was one of my favorite teachers honestly, but sometimes she was my least favorite. She was a very beautiful woman, in her late thirties, and had nice black hair. She always wore short dresses that hugged her shapely figure. I never understood why she never got in trouble for dress code, or why anyone else didn't notice. I guess they always paid attention to her face, but I paid attention to everything and made sure to compliment her about it. I even got out of a few homework assignments by saying things like "That dress really brings out the color of your eyes" or "I wish that I were a mirror so that you could see how beautiful you are." Just simple things like that. On the other hand, the fact that she was a beautiful woman in her late thirties made it worse. Of course she would flirt a bit with the high school guys but with me it seemed to be more. I'm careful to flirt with her just to get out of homework but not too much because I don't want her to get the wrong idea that I want her or something. That would lead to a lot of trouble.

"Uh yes ma'am sorry we were a bit busy and got here later than usual. It won't happen again." I say while flashing my signature smile.

"Next time be busy after school, not before my class. You hear me you two? This will not happen again." Mrs.G says while raising an eyebrow towards the both of us.

"Oh wait Mrs. G. it isn't like that!" Jessica says as her face turned bright red. "We were studying before school for your test tommorow!"

I smirked at her pathetic way of covering up something that didn't happen.

"Yeah we were studying." I say while making air quotes around the word "studying". I could heard Jessica blow air through her nose like a bull and I was waving the red flag.

"That's enough. I don't want to hear anymore about it. Just don't show up late again. Get your books out and turn to page 91." Mrs.G says while turning and walking back to her desk.

I turned around to see Jessica's friends all giggling while she whispered an explanation. Cute. She looked towards me and made an angry face. I closed my eyes and puckered my lips and made a kiss sound and her expression changed. She looked suprised so I turned back to see an angry Mrs.G at my desk.

"I asked you to read the first paragraph Mr. Wang." She says while tapping her long fingernails against the edge of my desk.

"Oh, sorry." I say and began reading.

▲▲▲

Thank goodness English is over that means I probably won't have to see Jessica for a few hours. I head to the gym for my next class, weight training. Since I fence, I take weight training as a way to keep my body nice and fit.

"Yo ladies! Go and get dressed we're running outside today let's go let's go!" Coach Jones yells as I walk in with the rest of the guys. I spot Mark between the shadows of huge muscular boys and make my way towards him.

"Hey Wang, come here!" Coach yells as I am just a few feet away from Mark.

I look at Mark and his expression is blank. I want to talk to him so bad and figure out what is wrong with him right now.

"Yeah Coach what's up?" I say while walking towards him.

"Could you hang around with Steven today? He can't do much and I need someone to help him around in class today. Would you mind doing it for me?"

I look at Steven to see him trying his best to balance himself on his crutches. His knee was in a brace and his glasses began to fall off of his face. He struggled to push them back up but he finally got it.

"Sure thing Coach. Let's go get changed Steven." I say while smiling at the small boy.

He was about 5'4 and was a freshman. I helped him into the locker room.

"Where are your clothes?" I asked searching the empty locker room.

"They're underneath these clothes. My mom wants me to stay as safe as possible so she put them on under here." He says while sitting on the bench and trying his hardest to get his cargo shorts off.

"Hey! Stop that! I'm here to help you okay. Sit still." I say while carefully pulling off his shorts and unbuttoning his top.

"Thanks." He says while muttering.

I change my clothes and help him back into the gym. Everyone was already outside so we head out and I hold the door open for him. I see my group of classmates and can immediately spot Mark. Besides his bright red hair, he was pretty skinny. Not very skinny but thin in a nice way. His bangs glistened with the sweat from his forehead as he tried catching his breath. Never in my life have I ever seen something so simple look so attractive. Before I knew it I could hear Steven calling my name. "Hey Jackson, Coach is calling you." He says and I snap out of my little day dream.

"I don't want Steven to get hurt so you two can stay right here and I'll take the rest of the class this way to get their morning run okay? Keep him safe otherwise his mother will sue the school." Coach say with a chuckle and makes the guys run around. We sit on the curb and watch as the guys run around, my eyes set on Mark. His white t-shirt stuck to his body and showed a clear view of what was under there. His clearly perfect six pack was drenched in his sweat. I felt myself breathing heavily as Steven asked me if I was okay.

"I'm fine. Are you okay? Are you too hot? Do you need a drink of water or something?"

"Haha no I'm fine." He says while chuckling like a child.

"So what happened to your knee?" I asked as the guys went over into an empty field and started doing jumpong jacks and push ups.

"Well last year during my last basketball game, my school played against a dirty team. And I mean DIRTY. They did any and everything to win. My team only needed one more point to win and I was about to shoot the winning basket when someone tripped me. I fell hard on my knee and messed up some muscles and tendons there." He says while sitting his crutches on the ground and playing with the hem of his shirt.

"Aw man that's gotta suck. Will you be alright to play this upcoming season?"

"I mean yeah I guess. With the proper excercise and training, my knee should be completely healed by the time actual training starts."

"Well what are you doing still sitting here? Let's go!" I say while helping onto his crutches. "Little by little, day by day, I'll have you walking better than ever!" I say while throwing my arm over his shoulder.

I spent most of the class working with him that I forgot about the other guys until I heard an ambulance blaring.

"Sounds like it's getting pretty close doesn't it?" Steven says then an ambulance pulls into the parking lot. The guys all huddled around and I tried to look too when my heart dropped into my stomach. Mark was put onto a stretcher and hurried into the ambulance.