Interrogation

It's a short walk to the police station from the hospital. Connor was still struggling walking so he had one arm around Murphy's neck and one around mine. He was pretty heavy, but I didn't say anything. He was hurt and I could also tell he was trying to help as much as he could. We got up the steps from to the station and walked inside. Once in we saw a whole bunch of cops speaking to one man that was standing at the front. That man was the only one to see us. We heard another one talking so we let him continue,

"But if you want to beat your head against a wall, then here's what you look for. These guys are scared like 3 little bunny rabbits. Anything in a uniform or flashing blue lights will spook them. So the only thing we can do is put a potato on a string and drag it through South Boston."

The other officers start laughing except for the head one who keeps looking at us like he already knows who we are. I look at the boys and murphy has that smirk on his face. O lord here we go.

"You'd probably have better luck with a beer." He says loudly.

Everyone turns and looks shocked. I looked at Connor who had a huge smile on his face and murphy was smirking. We were led into an interrogation room and we sat across from the man we learned to be Paul smecker. We sat Connor down and murphy had me sit next to him. He grabbed hold of my hand under the table as smecker began to talk,

" This conversation is going to be recorded. Just answer to the best of your knowledge."

Smecker reaches to press the record button, but Murphy puts out his hand to stop him. I look at him confused until he says,

"Excuse me, sir."

Murphy turns to his brother and speaks what I think is Latin, in hushed tones. I roll my eyes, guess I'm out of the loop again.

"Quid dicemus de pecunia reicienda" (What do we tell him about the guns and money?)

"Et surrexit, et iustus. Bum musta volvitur ante at illo" (We just got up and left. Bum musta rolled them before the police got there.) Connor replies.

murphy nods, gives my hand a squeeze and then turns back to smecker, "Okay. We're ready."

Smecker gives a kind of creepy smile to us. I don't know there is just something about this man that is making me feel uncomfortable,

"You guys are not under oath, here. I am assuming you knew these two guys from before, huh?"

"We... met them last night." Connor answered

" They had some pretty interesting bandages. Know anything about that?" Smecker asked us.

The boys looked at each other and smirked, which only made me nervous. They told smecker everything that happened last night at the bar. Smecker looked intrigued and kept the questions aimed at the boys which I was thankful for. He was shocked with their story and once they finished he started to chuckle. The boys joined in on it. I looked at the 3 like they were crazy.

"So, how is it that you guys are fluent in Russian?" Smecker asked.

"We paid attention in school." Connor smirked back.

"Know any other languages?" Smecker asked.

"Aye. Our mother insisted on it. " murphy smiled,

"Comment pensez-vous qu'il a figuré tout cela sans parler de nous?"(How do you think he figured all this out without talking to us?)

"that was beautiful" smecker said slyly.

murphy chuckled,"it's French"

"Non ho idea. Forse qualcuno ha visto e parlato"(I have no idea. Maybe someone saw and talked.) Connor said in italian.