Liberating

We ran out to the car while Rocco was silently cursing at himself. Murphy kept my hand in his while we walked outside. We were now on the run. All of us.

"Anybody see ya?"Connor asked walking over to the drivers side.

murphy opend the door to the back seat and helped me in while roc leaned on the car upset,

"Fuck, man! I may as well have posted flyers. Right out in public, man."

"Liberating isn't it?" Murphy asked amused and putting a reassuring hand on Rocco's shoulder.

"Y'know it is, a bit."Rocco finally smiled and chuckled while getting in the back next to me. I grabbed his hand, giving it a squeeze.

It amazed me with how comfortable I was getting with what was going on. He looked at me and I smiled. He smiled back and squeezed my hand back.murphy got in the front passenger seat. We drove for a little bit and then Rocco yelled,

"Stop the car!"

connor pulled over immediately outside a strip club. I shuttered. THis was the same club that that guy followed me from. Murphy looked back at me nodded when he saw my expression. I felt a little safer with the guys being there.

"Vincenzo, that fat motherfucker, Yakavetta's right hand. He's the one who set me up. Then he went around shooting his mouth off, telling everyone I was as good as dead. He goes in there every Wednesday night around 10:00, he jerks off in the same booth to the same titty dancer. Never misses." Roc said.

a new feeling surrounded me. I was both angry and nervous. Angry because of the dick that almost killed my best friend and nervous because I was scared what was on Rocco's mind.

"So?" Murphy asked

" So let's kill the motherfucker. I mean, what are you guys... like that's your new thing right?" Rocco said excitedly.

connor looked at murphy hesitantly, "Yeah, well..."

" Oh, what the fuck? How do you guys decide who you're... I mean, who makes the cut? Is there a raffle or something?" Rocco complained.

Murphy looked back at Connor,"Well, truth be known, those first ones just kinda fell into our laps."

"Well, what'ya do?" Rocco asked.

"I guess we really don't have a system of deciding who." Connor replied.

"MEEE! ME! I'm the guy! I know everyone, their habits, where they hang out, who they talk to. I know where they fuckin' live. We could kill everyone!" Rocco exclaimed excitedly.

it was quiet for a few moments as the boys thought about it. I watched intently. It was a good idea.

"So what do you think?" Murphy asked Connor.

"I'm strangely comfortable with it." Connor replied.

rocco got excited and I laughed at him.

"Alright we need a plan for tonight" Rocco urged.

the boys were silent again when I finally spoke up, "I could do it"

murphy and connor both jumped in their seats and quickly looked back at me,"no"

i looked at them shocked,"why not! I can do this! I could pose as a stripper, get you guys in and out of there"

"it's a good plan" Rocco agreed.

that earned a smile from me but a death glare from the macmanus's.

"If ya think I'm lettin ya go in there with them monsters, ya got another thing comin" murphy snarled at the thought.

"aye, ya remember what happened last time ya been by ere" Connor agreed.

"ya but you guys protected me and you guys will be right there again. Please guys I can do this." I said.

both men starred at me intimidatingly but I didn't back down. Connor finally sighed,

"alright"

i smiled and murphy looked at Connor shocked and betrayed,"fuck you! She ain't goin in there!"

"She be fine! It's a good plan!" Connor shot back.

"I ain't lettin er go in there where men can be touchin er and stuff! How the fuck could ya even think of lettin er do that!" Murphy yelled.

"don't think ya the only one ere worried bout her! She my sister now! She can do it and we will be right der! Nobody will touch er and if they do we fuckin killin em anyway!" Connor yelled back.

murphy was angry and breathing heavily. He looked from Connor and back to me.

"I can do this murphy" I whispered.

he starred me down for another minute and then grunted,"fine but ya take a gun with ya"

i smiled and nodded. He grunted again and turned back facing the front. I know he was pissed and I sighed. I looked at Connor and he winked at me causing me to laugh quietly. I was nervous but I knew these boys would protect me if anything went wrong.