Kill em all

I was awoken later when I heard the door to the apartment open and voices entered. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. When my vision came to I saw it was the boys and Rocco. They hadn't even noticed me yet as they all went and sat down at the table. I got up and walked over to them, standing behind roc. He looked like he was wearing a hotel uniform.

"so anyone you think is evil?" Rocco asked.

"yes" Connor said.

they hadn't even noticed I was standing there yet. What the hell were they talking about?

"Don't you think that's a little psycho? A little weird?" Roc asked.

" Weird, huh?... Know what I think is weird? Decent men with loving families go home every day after work. They turn on the news and see rapists, murderers, and child molesters all getting out of prison." Connor said seriously.

"Mafiosos getting caught with 20 kilos and walkin' on bail the same day." Murphy added with a new kind of determination in his eyes.

"Little girls catchin' stray bullets in their heads, playin' hopscotch in their front yards. And everyone thinks the same thing... Someone should just go kill those motherfuckers." Connor spat.

"Kill em all. Admit it, even you've thought about it." Murphy said sternly.

my heart sank with what these boys were saying. They seemed different and it scared me, but where was all this coming from? They aren't murderers!

"you guys should be in every major city" Rocco said.

I was trying to listen in when I heard the tv in the other room. ThE news was on and I quietly slipped into the room. A news reporter was talking about a mass slaughtering of the Russian mob that happened in a hotel tonight. Wait a second wasn't roc wearing a hotel jacket? No it couldn't have been. Could it? My eyes widened and I started to shake. No I've known these boys for a while. They aren't capable of this. I silently sneak back into the room the boys were in and listened some more.

"This is some heavy shit. This is like Lone Ranger-heavy man. Fuck it! There's so much shit that pisses me off. You guys should recruit 'cause I am sick and fuckin' tired of walkin' down the street waitin' for one of these assholes to get me, y'know?" Rocco said.

"Hallelujah, Jaffar." Murphy chuckled.

jaffar? Who the hell is jaffar?

" So you're not just talkin' mob guys. You're talkin' anyone, right? Even like pimps and drug dealers and all that shit?" Roc asked.

The boys look at each other and nod.

"Well fuck, you guys could do this every day."roc exclaimed.

"We're like 7-Eleven. We ain't always doing business, but we're always open." Murphy smirked

"Nicely put." Connor chuckled.

i felt my breathing hitch. It was them. They did it. I accidentally let out a gasp and they all quickly turned to me. Murphy stood. I quickly brought my hand to my mouth and starred at them wide eyed with fear.

"Liv" murphy said calmly.

I just stood there shaking and then quickly ran. I heard them get up and yell,

"Olivia!"

I heard footsteps running after me and heard Connor say to roc,

"let em go, Murphy's got to handle this"

i tried to to shut the door to the bedroom before murph could get in, but he stopped me. He shut the door behind him and I backed away in fear. He raised his hands in surrender,

"I ain't gonna hurt you liv"

"ain't gonna hurt me?! You killed 9 people murphy!" I cried

"they were bad men Olivia!" He yelled back.

"I don't care! This isn't you! You are not killers!" I yelled through my tears.

"we are if god wants us to be." He said.

"is that what that was about last night? In the cell?" I asked.

he nodded and I cried,"you can't do this murphy!"

"I'm doing this for you!" He yelled.

"for me?! What are you talking about!" I screamed.

"they are bad men! That's who dies! Rapists! Murderers! Drug dealers! People that hurt other people! People that society wants dead, but won't do it themselves! And I am not gonna sit around and wait for one of em to hurt ya like what almost happened that night we met!" He yelled.

i stayed quiet and just starred at him. He was breathing heavy,

"that night still haunts me every damn night!" His sighed.

i starred at him more and saw the old murphy. My murphy. The fear I had for him disappeared. I know he or his brother would never hurt me. A sudden feeling of safety came over me.

"I love ya liv, more than I ever thought I could and I don't even wanna imagine ya at the hands of any of those bastards" he whispered.

i remained standing still as he slowly started to inch towards me. He just admitted he cared. My heart was beating a million miles a minute. He finally got to where he was standing inches away from me,

"say something" he said, his breath hitting my face.

i starred into his eyes and then glanced down at his lips. I looked back up into his eyes as he started to lean into me. I gulped and whispered,

"I love you too"

he smiled and finally smashed his lips into mine forcefully. It was everything I ever dreamed about. He tasted so good and I never wanted it to stop, but unfortunately one must breathe. He pulled away and rested his head on mine,

"and as long as I'm here I am going to keep ya safe"

i nodded and and he kissed me again,"yer my girl now"

i starred at him and smiled. He grabbed my hand and we walked back out to Connor and Rocco. They both starred wide eyed when they saw us enter. Connor immediately came around the table and asked,

"everything alright lass?"

i nodded," ya I'm sorry I acted like that"

"it's alright. I expected it" he smiled hugging me.

i hugged back and he looked at murphy and arched an eyebrow,"ya finally tell er?"

murphy nodded and and roc looked confused,"tell her what?"

"well looks like me brother here finally grew some balls and told livia he loves er" Connor smirked.

i blushed and murphy tackled Connor playfully to the ground. Rocco took another drink of his beer,

"it's about damn time!"

i rolled my eyes and hit him across the head.

"ow!" He joked.

i chuckled and watched the two brothers act like morons.