New job

Sun shown through the tiny window signaling that morning came. I groaned because I hadn't gotten any sleep last night at all. I was still too hurt. Sure I had thought about what Connor had said, but I just couldn't bring myself to believe it until murph said something. I sat up and stretched as I saw both boys putting on black shirts and starring at each other. Something happened last night. Something That I can't understand. I quietly stood up and quickly slipped out of Murphy's shirt and put on the black tank top roc had brought me. We all 3 sort of matched.

"Morning liv" Connor smiled.

i smiled back,"morning guys"

i hesitantly looked at murph and he gave me a sideways smile. I wanted so badly to run into his arms, but that pain in my chest struck again and I quickly looked away. Then I heard a beeping. I looked back at the boys that pulled something out of the bag.

"it's that Russians pager" murphy said.

i sighed and collected myself as we 3 left the cell. I walked behind the boys as we entered the other room with all the officers in. Once they all see us, we are greeted warmly. Murphy throws his hands up in the air and smiles like a little kid. An officer with arresting a fugitive walks by us and Connor smirks,

"keep the faith man"

"fuck you" the fugitive snaps back causing me to chuckle.

we approach dolly, greenly, and Duffy who welcome us with coffee.

"I'll be right back" Connor smiles playfully hitting my back.

i look at him with pleading eyes, begging him not to leave me. He smiles and walks over to a phone. Who the hell is he calling? I ignored it as greenly handed murphy today's paper. The title read "the saints of south boston." Murphy and I both looked at each other confused and then back down to the paper.

"saints?" Murphy asked.

Murphy then put the paper down and stuck his hands in his drink and started flicking it at the men saying,

"body of Christ. Body of Christ"

we all laughed. This is why I loved murphy he was like a big kid. Even if he didn't like me back, I knew my feelings weren't going to change. Connor finally came back over and I arched an eyebrow at him. He did the same thing back causing me to chuckle. After that we finally left. Instead of going back to our apartments, we went to Rocco's girlfriends. I guess just incase the Russians try to pull over another stunt. I sighed and set my bag on the table as the boys followed behind me. I was still confused about what happened last night, but before I could ask Connor said,

"alright lass we'll be back later"

"where are you going?" I asked confused. I looked at the clock it was 10 at night.

"gotta go to work love" murphy said.

"work? Thought the plant closed at 5?" I said confused.

both boys smirked at each other and turned back to me,

"got a new job" murphy smirked.

"ummm when? We were in a cell all night?" I was so confused.

"don't worry bout it love. We'll be back in a few hours" Connor smiled kissing me on the forehead.

i was seriously so confused. I watched him turn to walk to the door as I looked back at murphy. There was that pang in my heart when I looked into his eyes. I quickly looked back at the ground as I felt him lift my chin to look at him. I fought back tears as I looked into those baby blues. I tried to hide the pain in my eyes , but I know he noticed. He sighed and kissed my forehead and walked away. As soon as I heard the door click from him leaving I let the tears fall that I've kept inside since last night. Why was he doing this! As I finally got all the tears out I went to lay on the couch cause I was really tired. I still wondered what new jobs the boys got and if it had something to do with last night. I sighed and closed me eyes and quickly fell asleep.