Chapter Seven- Code 2

Chapter 7

Effie's POV

"So what did you need to speak to me about?" Harry asks Hardy as he uses the cotton wool I gave him to cover the nasty looking graze on Harry's bicep. He had tattoos. Lots of tattoos actually. I hadn't actually noticed that before. I don't know how but I didn't.

"Oh yes-" he finishes up Harry's bandage before smiling at us both.
"So as you know Effie I don't feel comfortable letting you go yet due to your injury, hence whilst your still here" He says and I couldn't help but feel sadness overcome me either every word.
"I've had Zac on this all night but we haven't come up with a solution yet" he says as Harry pulls his jacket up over his shoulders.

"A solution to what?" I ask wanting to move the conversation on quicker making them both look at me weirdly.

"Oh she speaks!" Harry mocks with a smirk on his face before he rolls his eyes.

"Harry..." Hardy gives him a stern look causing Harry to look away in a huff.
"Look, I know you both aren't happy about this situation but Effie is going to have to stay with you for a few more days just until we find her somewhere more permanent" Hardy continues and I feel my heart drop. Permanent? What the hell did he mean by that? I had to stay here? Like on a long term basis? Was this a joke?

"Permanent?" My jaw practically hits the floor and I could see the anger boil under Harry's skin like he was a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off.

"What? Why was I not told about this?" He snaps at Hardy angrily as he stands up from the bed defensively.

"I'm telling you now" Hardy fires back at him as he removes his gloves. He places them on the trolley before standing up and rolling it past the two of us.
"Harry this isn't up for debate your the only one here with a spare bed for her to sleep" Hardy states and Harry laughs in disbelief as I stand there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"You could of at least asked me, it's my house!" Harry raises his voice in frustration at him.
"She doesn't even want to be here!" He gestures to me just as Hardy turns around to the both of us. Harry was right. I didn't.

"I'm not arguing with you on that" Hardy sighs looking over at me for a quick second.
"I'm just saying until a better option comes up this will have to be the solution for now" he shrugs like it was no big deal.

"And what if I say no?" Harry fires back at him. Seeing him angry was nothing I hadn't seen before. In fact it was all I knew of him.

"You won't, because I know you Harry" Hardy laughs lightly and I feel like I'm completely out of the loop here.
"Don't make this anymore difficult than it already is" he adds and Harry groans in annoyance. I felt terrible. I now had to go through this but even worse, Harry had to go through it with me. The worst person I could think of because he hated me and I now had to live with him.

"This is a joke" he snaps as he runs a hand through his hair in frustration.
"I can't fucking believe this" he sighs and I look down at the ground backing up from him a little bit he turns quickly bashing into me.
"Stay out of my way Ella" he spits at me through gritted teeth as I look up into his deep green eyes that I had never noticed before. Mesmerising would be a word to describe them. But right now they were terrifying. He was terrifying.

"It's Effie" I spit back at him pushing him off me.

"Same thing Ella" he plays before storming out the infirmary slamming the door behind him making me wince at the loud noise it makes as he leaves. Well that went down a treat didn't it?

"I'm sorry about him, he'll come around" Hardy shakes his head as he cleans up the trolley he had used on both me and Harry.

"He hates me" I sigh. I didn't understand why he had such resentment towards me at all. If I had done something then fair enough but I hadn't.