Chapter Ten- Street Rat

Chapter 10

Effie's POV

I stumble as I try to keep up with Harry as he practically drags me away from the scene quicker than I could protest. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I couldn't believe this whole situation in general but right now I was shook up.

"Harry-" I whimper as I feel the pain start to get the better of me as my exhaustion starts to kick in too. I try to claw at his hand to get him to let go but he doesn't. He keeps dragging me causing my legs to wobble trying to hold me up for as long as possible.
"Harry stop I can't.." I try to warn him just as my legs give way beneath me causing me to hit the floor. Harry stops as my arm snaps from his grasp catching his attention.

"Woah" he kneels down grabbing my arm in what almost looked like concern for a second as he pulls me up off the floor with ease.
"Careful" He says as my eyes briefly meet his as I dust myself off. Was he actually concerned for me there for a second? It was that also a facade?

"What the hell was that back there?" I ask him as he nods to follow him but I don't. I couldn't. I needed to know why he gave the orders he did.

"Justice" he says as he continues to walk ahead of me. I sigh deciding to follow wanting the answers for my questions.
"That's what that was" he adds and I frown.

"He was innocent" I argue and he stops harshly spinning around to face me almost making me crash into him.

"He was a rat- sent from that fucker in charge on the Northside" he spits through gritted teeth at me seething with anger just at the mention of the North side.

My home.

"Wes?" I raise my brow at him causing him to pause looking at me skeptically.

"How do you know that?" He presses and fold my arms over my chest defensively.

"I heard Thomas say it" I say and he eyes me carefully for a second. If only he knew, I thought to myself. He would probably kill me on the spot if he knew I was from the North side too. North Fort was my home. Since I was 11 years old. I couldn't change that. I wasn't ashamed of it. But right now, mentioning my home would probably get me killed.

"Harry!" Someone's voice cuts me out of my inner thoughts as they rush over to us slightly out of breath. I didn't recognise the two people at all. I clear my throat taking a small step back from the stranger accidentally bumping into Harry as I do so causing him to nudge me off him.
"Oh sorry did I.." One of the boy trails off as he gestures between the two of us causing me to look away.

"No" Harry cuts him off, as I feel him shift beside me, his arm brushing my own slightly making me look down.
"What is it?" He asks the two boys stood in front of us clearly loosing patience quickly.

"The North-sider was carrying this, I thought you should have it" One of the boy's says as he hands Harry a small piece of paper by the looks of things.

"Thank you" Harry says as he takes it from the boy. But the two of them don't leave, making me feel weirdly uncomfortable.
"What?" Harry presses as he sees the two of them eyeing me and then Harry weirdly.

"Are you not gonna introduce us?" One of them says as they both look at Harry with cocky smirks on there faces. Harry doesn't say anything making them both laugh lightly causing me too look away.
"I'm Cole, this is Jordan and you must be Zac's girl right?" Come says as he gestures to Jordan stood bedside him as they both eye me up and down. I shuffle back a little feeling uncomfortable only to back into Harry causing him to put his hand on my hip stopping me.

"Woah what do we have here?" Ross' voice rings through my ear as he slowly walks up beside Cole and Jordan. I knew Ross' name through Harry barking death sentences at him.
"No fucking way-" he smirks at Harry once his eyes land on me. I felt like I had been thrown in the lions pit.
"Is this.." he trails off slightly nodding to me as he looks at Harry with intent.