Chapter Twelve- Axes and Oh's

Chapter 12

Effie's POV

Walking through the busy streets of the camp seemed just mesmerised me.

There were so many people here.

It differed to back home so much.

Harry told me to keep my head down and keep up, but he wasn't really walking fast enough to leave my side anyway- he was different today.

I pull at the ends of the white jumper I was still wearing from yesterday, as I try to avoid all eye contact with the people around me- under Harry's orders. I couldn't help but notice how busy they all were, everyone seeming to have a job- a place within the society- no beggars or street crawlers to be seen.

It really did differ from home.

"Did you go to your check up with Hardy?" Harry's gruff voice pulls me out of my thoughts as we near a bigger looking warehouse.

"Yes" I nod slowly, watching as he gestured for us to continue to the right, seeming to head round the side of the building.

"What did he say?" He presses, as we pass through a small wooden gate. I start to her voices coming from inside the warehouse, shouts and laughs- screams and talking as we near the double doors.

"Nothing really.. Just take it easy is all" I tell him as he opens the door to the warehouse, letting the sound out in an instant.

"So I guess you'll be sitting out of this one today" He says as we walk into the building, him going on ahead as I frown in confusion.

"What do y-" I go to ask but am soon cut off.

"Oi!-" Harry's voice booms around the open warehouse as he enters, cutting off all other sound reverberating around the dome.
"What the hell's going on?" He snaps as I watch him near a ground of people stood in the middle of the room.

I jump as the door slams behind me, but continue to walk in slowly as Harry barrels ahead.

I look around the dimly lit room to see a group of around 2o- 30 people stood in a circle, clearly in on the action unfolding in front of me.

I watch as Harry comes in between to middle aged men, pushing them both apart in an instant as one of them goes to grip the others shirt, clearly arguing about something.

The men both go silent as Harry stands between them, awaiting an answer.

The whole room goes silent.

"Disagreement Styles, That's all.." One of the men says with a rather amused look on his face as he eyes the other man tauntingly.

The whole group was a mixture of younger men and women, most of them wearing gym like clothing with combat boots.
They looked similar to the army looking people I saw last night.

"Well pack it in, or take it elsewhere-" Harry warns the both of them, spitting through gritted teeth as he pushes them both apart letting his hands drop to his sides looking to them both in annoyance as they say nothing.
"I'm not fucking around" He states sternly looking to the both of them just as I watch his jaw tighten as they both step back slightly.
"Now line up" He orders, pointing to the wall to the left of him.

The whole group scatters instantly, moving to the wall without question.

I watch as Harry turns to cupboards behind him, punching in a code to one, before he pulls two big bags out throwing them down on the floor with ease.

I didn't know what to really do so I just stayed put, watching as I could hear a few murmurs and mutters mentioning my presence.

"Where's Skavinski?" Harry calls out as he kicks one of the bags nearer to the ground before standing beside it, looking round the room with a frown.
No one answers.
"Well we can start without him-" Harry clears his throat to continue as he crouches down beside the black bag.
"Today we are going to be working on our aim, alright?" He calls out, not giving the ground a second glance as he opens the bag up.
"You all know how to shoot a gun and 9 times out of 10-" He stops.
"Mitch-" He looks up pointing to a certain man stood by the wall.
"-not miss-" He finishes as the whole ground laugh lightly as 'Mitch' rolls his eyes at Harry's dig.
"But with that being said, could you do it with this?" He continues as he pulls out 4 small axes, holding them up in the air.
No one says a word.