Chapter Eleven- Greek God

Chapter 11

The next day

Effie's POV

"Okay your good to go, but remember just go easy the next few days alright?" Hardy smiles at me as he helps me up from the bed I was all to familiar with by now. I had just finished my daily check up with Hardy, whilst Zac waited for me to finish so he could show me round today seen as Harry was nowhere to be seen this morning. After he walked off last night I hadn't seen him since. Not that I was complaining or anything I just noticed his absence.

"Thank you" I smile shortly at Hardy as I get up off the bed just as Zac stands up wrapping arm around me to hold me up seen as I was mess.

"Feeling good?" He smiles down at me and I nod.

"Yes" I smile as I look to the ground.
"Starving in fact" I laugh lightly and so does he as he walks me out of the infirmary. Zac had been with me all morning not leaving my side. It was nice to have his support when I knew no one here. I needed it to say the least.

"Come on, Michelle will cook us something- Harry will already be in there probably with the lads, you don't mind do you?" He asks as the cold brisk air hits me in the face. I had to borrow some of Harry's clothes, Zac told me he wouldn't mind and that we would go get some to actually fit later on today. So as of right now I was wearing some grey joggers with a white t-shirt tucked into the waist band with my boots that were the only thing I had with me that were actually mine.

"No, I don't mind at all" I say as I notice the street start to get busier. Everywhere was just full of the same looking people. Everyone looked quite young and fit and they all wore those same uniforms. There were no children or old people, it was completely different to home. There was something going on in every corner. Someone was clearly running this place on top form.

Zac tells about some of the people here, pointing out a few people who they picked up on raids over there years- just like they did with me. It was weird but I kinda liked hearing that someone else was living the same situation as me, or had anyway. After a few minutes walking, slowly, we finally come up to a rather large building. There wasn't many people about round this area for some reason. I wasn't about to ask though. Zac pushes the double doors open for me and walked me through up to an opening into the kitchen. I could see Harry and his friends, Ross, Cole and Jordan I think they were called, all day on one of the numerous long tables lined up in the canteen. It was huge.

"Hi Michelle" Zac smiles at the middle aged woman behind the counter. She wore a hair net and the same clothes that everyone else was wearing outside too.

"Zachary, the usual" She hands him a full plate as I look over at Harry's table, his eyes meeting my own instantly. He was laughing at something but as soon as his eyes caught mine he stopped, looking back down at his food. I didn't know what was going on with him but I think I didn't want to find out right now.

"Thanks babe-"

"Who is this may I ask?" Michelle asks as she looks me up and down as Zac takes the plate from her hand.

"That's the street rat I was telling you about Chelle" The guy I now know as Ross calls over from the table.

I didn't like him and he clearly didn't like me.

"Shut up Ross" Zac snaps at him as he ushers me a little further along the side of the worktop.
"This is Effie" Zac smiles at the woman I think is called Michelle. I don't know why I suddenly felt self conscious. I wanted to pull my clothing- Harry's clothing- round me tighter more comfortingly.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes- I'm Michelle, the Gordon Ramsay of the kitchen here" Michelle jokes as she smiles over the counter at me.

"Yeah did think this was a bit like Hell's Kitchen" Ross remarks causing the rest of the guys to laugh lightly as they tuck into there meals.