12. Hail Hydra

Here you are, my faithful readers. Here a shorter chapter. Not thrilled with how it turned out, but it is what it is.

Please comment and let me know what you think!

Thanks to TheOneAndOnlyHooman for her continued encouragement!

Day 6

Natasha - Hydra Base

Natasha closed her eyes. They had found Steve and Tony. It had certainly taken long enough. Maybe too long. If Steve was really dead... She didn't even want to think about it. Shaking her head and taking a deep breath, she stood up and took off after Clint and Hulk.

~A~

She silently moved through the halls. An alarm was blaring, she barely heard it. She was more interested in the sound of footsteps coming to meet her. She pulled out her guns, one in each hand. Standing in the centre of the hallway, she waited for the footsteps to round the corner.

When a group of five Hydra agents turned they hadn't expected to meet her. She quickly eliminated them. She noticed cameras hidden in various places and avoided them with ease. Moving through passages, she found a small room to the side.

Hearing voices, she placed her ear to the door. She couldn't quite make out what they were saying, but she could tell an argument had broken out by the way the voices had raised.

Realizing the people were occupied, she slowly cracked open the door.

"How should I know where the girl went!?" She finally heard clearly. "She's one of the most highly trained agents in all of S.H.I.E.L.D. If she wants to avoid being seen, she will!"

"I don't care!" another voice yelled. "Just find her. We can't risk her finding us!"

Smirking, Natasha pushed the door open the rest of the way. "Then you might want to remember to lock the door next time."

Eyes widening, the two men reached for their weapons. She nearly rolled her eyes at how simple it was to disarm them.

"Now," she said, pointing a gun at each of them. "What's been going on here?"

"We don't know anything!" said one of the men, who looked to be in his mid-forties. Natasha easily recognized him as the second voice - the one who had been worrying about her finding them. "We're the tech guys, they don't tell us anything."

The other, much younger, man nodded emphatically.

"If you don't know anything, then there's no reason to keep you alive."

She smiled at the look of terror in their eyes. She slowly walked up to them and pointed the gun between their eyes. Swiftly, she knocked each of them unconscious with a hit to the head. She quickly tied them up.

Natasha turned to the large screen on the wall. Sitting in one of the chairs, she watched as the monitor showed Hulk smashing what looked like a medical lab, Clint trying and failing to calm him down. A different part of the screen was showed Hydra agents scurrying around.

Talking over her comms, she said to Clint "Forget Hulk, twenty agents trying to escape in the room to your right. Take care of it."

"Got it," he said, leaving the room.

Trusting that Clint would do his job, she ran her eyes over the rest of the screen. Her eyes stopped as she saw a small room with chains and two chairs. A tray was beside the chair. She couldn't see what was on it. She pulled the feed up so it was taking up the whole screen. Seeing some of the instruments on the tray, she felt anger rise up inside of her.