13. We'll Get Through This

Please enjoy Part 2, and don't forget to vote and especially, to comment!

Day 8

Tony

Red.

Red everywhere.

Blood?

Not his.

Then whose?

A noise caught his attention. He turned to see the broken and bleeding man next to him.

"Cap?" he whispered, watching the man rise to his feet. After a long struggle, the captain finally managed to stand, looking Tony directly in the eyes.

"You," the broken man said in a low voice. "You did this me. I tried to protect you from them. What did I get in return? You letting them torture me day and night. All while you sat in a comfortable room eating your food and watching. Watching and doing nothing!" He growled, lunging at Tony. Before he could get to the inventor a gunshot rang out, causing Cap to crumple to the floor.

"Steve?" Tony fell to his knees at the man's side, checking for a pulse. He found none. He let out an anguished cry as he allowed the grief to overtake him.

Tony jerked awake, taking several deep breaths.

"Tony? Tony, can you hear me?" A concerned voice said on his left. Turning his head, he saw Bruce standing beside him.

"Bruce? How long was I-"

"You've been out for about two days now," The tired doctor said rubbing his face. "You were drugged. We're not really sure what the drug was. Hydra has apparently been making some pretty advanced-"

Tony didn't hear the rest. Hydra.

"Cap," he whispered, bits and pieces of his dream returning.

Bruce stopped talking, his eyes taking an empty look. "Tony-"

"He's dead, isn't he?"

Bruce nodded. "Natasha found the footage. He must have been removed before we got there. We don't know what they did to the body."

"Steve's dead."

"Yes," the doctor said, resigned.

"It's my fault."

Bruce shook his head vehemently. "Tony, you did all you could! There was nothing you could have done to change what happened. You can't blame yourself."

"You didn't see it Bruce," he said, his voice detached. "You didn't see what they did to him. They were trying to get me to give it to them, but I wouldn't."