22. Not This Time

Only two more chapters to go until we reach the end of part two!

Anyway, enjoy!

With a roar, he broke free from the two guards holding him back

Captain America didn't like bullies.

And no one hurt Bucky and got away with it,

No one.

Day 16

Steve

The two guards were unconscious at his feet as another scream echoed down the halls. He had to get to Bucky.

He quietly made his way down the hallway, but stopped halfway to the room. A sharp pain pierced his skull. Gasping, he shook his head. Memories were starting to resurface. Faces, noises.

He was Captain America.

Not just Steve.

He had wanted to just be Steve.

But, he couldn't.

He was so much more.

He was Captain America.

As if caused by the realization, the pain intensified.

There was a sudden yell directly in front of him, and the Captain's head jerked up. A young agent was standing there with a terrified look on his face. Suddenly an alarm started to sound.

Unsure of what exactly to do, Cap charged ahead, ignoring the burning, piercing pain in his brain. The agent in front of him, a mere boy, pulled out a small gun and held it at him.

"S-Steve," the boy stuttered, "I-I need you to listen to me, Steve."

Cap hesitated for a moment, and the boy looked relieved.

"Good. Steve, now I need you to go back to your room. E-everything will, um, it will make sense if you just g-go to, to your room."

Steve was really considering. Weren't these his friends? They had helped him... or hurt him, he wasn't sure. He couldn't think straight with this pounding behind his eyes! Then a cry echoed from the other room and cleared his mind.

Captain America charged the agent. The gun went off and Cap felt a sting in his left shoulder. But it did nothing to stop him. He knocked the boy unconscious, feeling only a moment of regret.

The alarm was still blaring, and many more agents would be there soon. He ran the rest of the way down the hall and reached the door where they were hurting Bucky. Unsurprisingly, it was locked, but he kicked the door in easily, running high on adrenaline. He burst into the room, only to find it completely empty. No one was there.