5. Twenty-Three

This was part of the previous chapter, but I split it up...

Here you are my lovelies :)

Betaed by Melpen00

Day 2

Tony - The Truth Room

Tony had to admit he was a little scared, but he had had to try. It would be worth whatever they did to him, knowing that he had at least tried to get Steve some food.

He was brought to the Truth Room and left to stand in the middle of the dingy room, a guard on both of his arms. Rubrem must have gone a different way as he was already there.

"This, Mr Stark, is the Truth Room." Mori looked around thoughtfully. "Quite possibly my favourite room in the facility."

"Thanks for the tour, now let's get on with this." The billionaire was in no mood for small talk.

The German shook his head, making a clicking noise with his tongue, "Oh no, we have to wait. We're not quite ready yet." As he was saying this the door opened, revealing a very weak-looking Captain America. As soon as Tony made eye contact he saw the fear return in Steve's eyes. However, it quickly subsided when the man seemed to realize Stark was in no way injured. He may have even looked relieved.

Steve was forced into a metal chair in the centre of the room. He noticed that Cap didn't even pull against the restraints. That meant one of two things, 1) he was too weak to try, or 2) he had already tried and failed. Tony wasn't sure which was worse.

Cap looked bad. It wasn't just the injuries, there was something else. Something in his eyes.

Rubrem moved in front of the chair's occupant. "So, Captain, today we will be having even more fun."

"Can't wait," he answered, looking annoyingly relaxed. Tony was confused, very confused. What was going on? Wasn't this supposed to be his punishment? Then the realization hit him. This was bad. This was very bad. This was very not good.

"You see," came their captor's voice, "you're friend here," he nodded to the inventor, "decided to break one of the rules."

Cap gave Stark a questioning look, to which he wasn't sure how to respond.

Rubrem continued, "He tried to steal some of my food."

"Ah, excuse me," Tony interjected, "It's not stealing if you gave it to me to begin with. And you never said I couldn't take it out of the room."

A slight smirk from Rubi made the billionaire's blood boil, "Then why did you try to hide it?"

Stark just growled. He was hating this man more and more.

"Well, Mr Stark, I believe we have decided that your crime was stealing. Now, back during the 19th century, the people of America were still shamelessly trading slaves." Tony had no idea what this had to do with anything. "During this time, there were special punishments used for certain offences. Running away, lying, stealing."