Chapter 13 - Part 2

Lacey

I wasn't going to allow Adonis' behaviour to put a dampen on my day. Despite my emotional state it had been a good day of seeing the city. Sam knew his stuff. And the few times I had quietened down, to wrapped up in my thoughts, he'd made me laugh or smile.

I packed away the few items I had bought today. Despite Adonis' insistence to pay for everything I had insisted on at least paying for my own shopping.

When I returned to the living room he didn't seem to be agitated any longer. Instead he was sitting in front of the TV with his feet up on the small table in front of the sofa stuff his mouth with the biscuits. I smiled secretly to myself as I got a chance to study him before he noticed me. It felt like old times before everything got complicated.

When he noticed me standing beside the sofa he smiled, his cheeks still stuffed with biscuits as he ate. I shook my head as I sat down beside him. Unsurprising he'd already managed to get through half the packet.

"I want you to come to the concert tomorrow," he said giving me a side glance.

Despite being a part of his life I'd never attended one of his concerts. I'd always watched them on TV.

"Really?" I asked, my face lit up at the thought.

He nodded. "If you want to?"

I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Of course I do," I said, feeling my excitement bubble over. He smiled at my obvious enthusiasm.

"It might not be that exciting from backstage," he told me.

"I don't care."

There was nothing he could say that was going to stop me from feeling happy that I was finally going to get a chance to see him live on stage.

"Did you remember anything else today?" he asked out of the blue.

I shook my head. The fact that I hadn't made me feel disappointed but I didn't want to dwell on it.

"Do you want me to set up an appointment with the shrink for you?"

I frowned. It was probably something I should do to but between the sight seeing I hadn't gotten a chance.

"I'll try and schedule something with her tomorrow," I replied non-commitedly.

I wasn't sure I still needed to see her. I had managed to stop my downward spiral, maybe it was because each day something from my forgotten memories returned. Hopefully it was just a matter of time before I remembered everything.

****************

Standing backstage was surreal. The flurry of activity was exciting. Today I had skipped sightseeing, too excited to concentrate on that when all I could think about was concert.

Adonis had left well before Sam knocked on my door and escorted me to the concert.

There was a buzz in the air as ticket holders lined up to get into the venue. I was lucky enough to be given the VIP treatment so I went straight through. I didn't see Adonis because they were doing last minute setup changes.

As they took to the stage the crowd began to scream. My eyes were fastened on Adonis and my heart swelled as I took him in. The screaming increased. It was a little frightening. I let my eyes run across the crowd of fans. In my mind I knew they were famous but seeing thousands of girls screaming their names made it more real.

The music played. It flowed through me evoking all the times I had secretly listened to his voice singing words of love. So many times I had imagined he'd realize he cared for me more than just the annoying little sister of his best friend.