Chapter 15 - Part 2

Lacey

The moment he disappeared into his room I wondered over to the window and looked over the city. Thinking about everything I'd missed out in the past few months since waking up without my memories. The one experience that stood out for me was the night I had spent with Adonis but the next morning had been a disaster.

I glanced over my shoulder at his closed bedroom door. An idea formed in my mind at that moment. There was no fighting it, there was no hesitation. We'd lost enough time already.

Quietly I opened his bedroom door and began to strip my clothes off. I could hear the running water from the shower and took a deep breath as I reached for the door handle. Despite the fact that we had already slept with each other and had seen each other naked I still felt nervous at my brazen actions. But I reminded myself this was Adonis, the guy I had loved for as long as I could remember. The one who'd I'd lost my virginity to.

He never heard me enter. He was stood with his back to me under the shower, his face tilted upwards as water streamed down his face and body. For a moment I allowed my eyes to sweep over him. He was gorgeous. The love I felt for him inflated my heart as I smiled.

I was so quiet that when I got into the shower he still hadn't realised he wasn't alone. It was only when I reached out touched his back with my hand his shoulders tensed for a moment. He turned to face me. His eyes searching mine. There was a hesitation.

His hands framed my face as his thumb brushed softly against my bottom lip. He remained silent as his eyes held mine. I wanted him to step forward to kiss me but he didn't. If I wanted this I was going to have to make the move to bring us closer together. I stepped closer and his gaze dropped to my lips.

"I want you so badly," he murmured. Lifting his eyes to meet mine.

"I want this and I want you," I assured him stepping closer, tilting my head so I could keep our eyes connected.

I wanted to be close to him. To feel his body against mine. I wanted to build new memories that would wipe the last few months from our minds.

He held back. Deciding I would have to make the first move I lifted myself into my tiptoes. My hands flattened against his chest as I kissed him gently, touching him softly on his jaw. He tensed. Not willing to give up I pressed another loving kiss a little higher. He didn't move. This time when I pressed my lips to his, he groaned against them. His arms encircled me and tightened pulling me closer to him.

I smiled at him just as I lifted my lips from his.

"I love you," he whispered and I felt that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

"I love you too," I assured him a breath away from touching his lips again.

He kissed me, like I was the life source keeping his heart beating. I revelled in the strong masculine feel of him pull me closer. My arms wound around his neck as his tongue swept across the seam of my lips. My tongue slid out and tentatively touched his.

Our actions were familiar, like our bodies remembered our closeness. His hands threaded through my hairs as our kiss intensified and I felt a shiver of awareness. I wanted this so much, like reconnecting our love we'd experienced before I had lost my memories.

"Not here," he said pulling away from me. Disappointment hit me before I realised what he was saying.

He smiled, that dimple smile that weakened my knees and fluttered my stomached before he picked me up and carried me into his room. He put me down on the bed and I stretched loving the way his eyes drifted over me in appreciation.

"I wish we could stay like this," he said lying down beside me. I turned onto my side.

"What naked?" I asked playfully.

He smiled and shook his head.

"No. Just you and me."

He reached out and caressed my cheek. I closed my eyes and savoured the touch.

"Me too."

But as much as we wanted to take time for the two of us, he had work commitments and I had to see my family.

"Let's not think about then, let's just concentrate on here and now," I reached out and touched his face. His eyes darkened as they held mine. I slid my hand to the back of his neck and pulled him closer as I pressed my lips together.

I didn't want to think. I wanted to feel. His skin against mine.

He took control and moved above me. His knee spread my legs apart as tongue swept into my mouth. I held his face in my hands and tangled my tongue with his. Without another thought, just the feeling of what we were experiencing together he loved me with his every touch and caress. I revelled in the array of feelings that swept me up.

I lost count of the time as his body worshipped mine. When it was over, his body covered mine, his head nestled in the arch of my neck. I held him close.

Without words he lay like that for a few minutes. His breath still erratic and sweat dripped down his face. I was content to stay exactly where I was, as closely connected with him.

"I don't want to move," he said as he lifted himself off me. "But I'm pretty heavy."

"I don't mind," I said to him, even though I didn't stop him from pulling away. He lay down beside me and I turned to face him.

"It was better than I remembered," I said, breaking our comfortable silence as our eyes held and his fingers trailed down my side.

He smiled.

Pulling me closer he put his arm under my neck and his other arm went around my waist pulling me closer. I closed my eyes and breathed him in as I lay cocooned in his arms.

"I don't want to let you go," he said, with a heaviness in his voice. I frowned as I opened my eyes.

"You don't have to be scared," I assured him. I understood why he had the fear of losing me but after everything we'd conquered we could be together. Nothing was standing in our way. "As soon as you get back after you finish your tour we can take some time out and do all the things we wanted to do together."

He brushed his thumb across my jaw, with a contemplative look.

"I'll finally be able to take you out on that first date," he said softly.

I nodded, emotion swelled inside of me at the thought that we'd been through so much and we still hadn't done the simplest thing like going out on a date. Most things that couples would have taken for granted, we hadn't shared.

His phone started to ring. Our moment was gone.

He rolled off the bed and picked up his discarded jeans. He fished his phone out the back pocket and answered it.

"Hi."

He paused for a moment.

"Yes...okay...thanks Trisha," he said before he ended the call.

Hearing him speak her name, reminded me of their closeness and the jealously I'd felt. Being with him and hearing him tell me how he felt didn't erase the fear that I would lose him. He could have anyone and yet for some reason he wanted me. He was a rock star who had girls falling at his feet. It was hard not to think about that.

He turned to face me.

"She's booked you a ticket for tomorrow," he told me.

I was excited to be able to go home and see my friends and family. To be able to make things right but I didn't want to be without him. I reminded myself it was only for a couple more weeks left before he could come home.

I sat up and moved closer to him.

"Well that means we still have today and...tonight," I reminded him, loving the fact that for the rest of the day it could just be the two of us.

He smiled as he turned to face me. I climbed onto his lap locking my legs around his waist. I leaned closer as I covered his lips with mine and he groaned as he kissed me back.

All that mattered was us, in this moment.