Epilogue

Lacey

There were still so many times I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I was happy. No, it was more than that. I had everything I had always wanted.

"You ready?" A voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Yes," I breathed, with a wide smile on my face as I soothed my dress while I took one last sweep of reflection in the full length mirror.

"You look beautiful," Adonis said. He stood behind me and held my gaze with through the mirror. He could still steal the air from my lungs with one look. I felt the whisper of his breath against my cheek. The touch of his hands settling on my hips made me lean into him slightly.

"Thank you," I managed to get out as he kissed my cheek. Momentarily I felt the effect of him so close to me. It was a feeling I loved and hoped would never waver.

"You're not supposed to be here."

"I don't care."

It was hard to think when he was so close.

"Mm," he murmured trailing his lips down the side of my neck. I angled my neck to give him better access as I briefly closed my eyes and moaned appreciatively as my body began to respond to his.

"If you don't tell me to stop I won't." His voice was hoarse with want. For an extra moment I allowed myself to enjoy the last of insistent touch of his mouth before I straightened up and pulled away.

"You're lucky I have more will power than you," I teased as I turned to face him.

He gave me a lazy smile that told me what he would rather be doing. His hands rested on my hips. My hands touched his chest.

"I'm lucky for every day I have with you."

For a second my thoughts were darkened with the memories of my brain tumor and surgery. Plus the months it had taken to remember what we had shared.

There had been so many times we had nearly lost each other. But I smiled when I reminded myself that against all the odds we were here together and more in love with each other each day. With life and death scenarios came with a appreciation of how precious life was. We weren't planning on wasting a second of it.

He reached up and softly brushed my cheek with his fingers. "I was worried about you."

I hadn't been well lately. Adonis had watched me closely but I had assured him it wasn't serious enough to worry the doctor about.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as his eyes searched mine.

"I'm fine," I told him.

I had planned on telling him later but I couldn't stand to see the worry evident in his features.

"I'm pregnant," I told him. I had taken the pregnancy test that morning when I had realised I had miss my period. I should have felt nervous, I was only nineteen and about to become a mother but I was happy.

"Really?" His eyes wide with shock. His eyes dropped down my stomach before he reached out and placed his hand on my flat stomach.

"Yes." I swallowed my emotion as my eyes watered.

"Wow." His eyes lifted to mine.

His hands cradled my face and he touched his lips to mine.

"I love you so much," he whispered. I nodded knowing that feeling.

Then he frowned.

"We'll have to go see the specialist and make sure everything is okay." I could see his mind jump ten steps ahead already working out every possible scenario that could play out.

"Yes," I told him assuring him that we would do whatever was necessary.

The growing agitation in him made me grab his face in my hands to make his eyes meet mine. "Stop. Everything will be fine."

"Everything will be fine," he repeated, like if he said it out aloud it would be true.

"It's still too soon to tell everyone." Letting go of him. "I'm only a few weeks pregnant and it's only safe to tell people when I reach twelve weeks."

"Okay." Then his worry disappeared when he smiled. "I'm going to be a father."

I nodded.

"People are waiting," I said pulling away from him.

"You ready for this?" he asked, giving me one last out.

I gave him a brilliant wide smile. "Yes Mr. Grayson, I'm ready to become Mrs Grayson."

"I like the sound of that. Mrs Grayson."

I let my eyes drift over him. He looked so handsome in his tux. I touched his collar, engraining this small moment into my memory.

I had a swirl of butterflies in my stomach at the thought of becoming his wife.

We were taking control of our lives. We had moved in together soon after our first date. Most people weren't convinced that it was a good idea and some had said we were too young.

But the opinions of others didn't matter to us. We wanted a life together.

Only one month later he'd gotten down on a bended knee and asked me to marry him. There had been doubt, just a whispered yes.

Three months later, here we were about to tie the knot.

"Let's go," he said extending his hand to me. "It's time to make you my wife."

I liked that sound of that. Wife.

****

To read find out what happens between Reece and Aiden, check out What The Heart Needs (The Heart 3). It can be found on my profile.

Checkout my other books below.