Chapter Thirty Two

"You're a what?"

Ashton looks over at Josh again before turning back to me and responding, "A werewolf."

I stare at him a moment before a laugh bubbles up and comes out of my mouth before I can stop it. I slap a hand over my mouth, "You're a werewolf?" I ask through my hand, disbelief clear in my voice.

Josh's voice comes from behind me, "This is serious Evie." I turn my head around and see the most serious looking Josh I've ever seen.

My smile slowly forms into a shocked expression, "You're serious?"

"Yes." Ashton responds while turning my head back towards him. My eyes scan over his face looking for any sign of humor, but I don't find any.

"That's not possible. They don't exist. Werewolves don't exist." I state.

Ashton takes a breath, "Evie, you're looking at one." It sounds like he expected this reaction.

"Ashton," I say softly, "werewolves don't exist. They can't exist."

His hand goes through his hair, messing it up more than it is, "I know it sounds crazy, but you have to believe me. You said you would keep an open mind."

I give him a small smile, "I know, but like you said, this is crazy. There is no proof of werewolves. They've never existed."

A smirk suddenly pulls at Ashton's lips, "Would you like proof?" Before I can respond Ashton stands up, bringing me with him, and starts heading towards the kitchen and out the back door.

"Oh God." I hear Josh mumble from behind me, humor clear in his voice.

Once outside Ashton let's go of my hand and walks a few paces in front of me. He winks at me before reaching for the bottom of his shirt. Tugging it off, my eyes immediately go to the perfect example of a male specimen. A longing goes through me and I have to stop myself from taking a step forward.

"Like the view?" Ashton asks mockingly. I look up and see that he's smirking at me, and I have to fight off my own smile. His hands then go to the belt on his pants.

"What the hell are you doing?" I squeak out when he starts taking off his jeans.

Ashton glances at me, "Undressing." He pulls down his jeans and I turn around, redness covering my cheeks and neck. Josh laughs at my expression.

"Aren't you going to look away?" I ask quietly. Ashton laughs at me, obviously hearing what I said.

Josh joins his laughter, "Why would I? It's not like I haven't seen it before."

I blanch and if possible, my face turns redder.

"We're werewolves Evie," Josh says softly, "we're used to nudity."

"Well I'm definitely not." I exclaim.

Josh focuses on something behind me. Before I can turn around to see what exactly he's looking at, cracking sounds fill the air. The cracking is harsh, as if it's bones that are cracking, which I know they are. I flinch as a louder crack sounds and then all of the sounds stop. A whine sounds.

"Turn around Evie." Josh says softly, now looking at me. I slowly turn my feet, and consequently my body, in a one hundred eighty degree turn.

The wolf has my center attention as soon as it's in my line of sight. It's smaller than the size of a horse but I know it could easily take down anything that threatened it. The wolf's head easily reaches my shoulder. It's powerful legs stand tense, as does the rest of it's body. It's tail swishes back and forth as if it's nervous over something. It's almost black hair shines due to the bright sun. The bright blue eyes remind me of ones I know so well.