Prompt 9 (Part One)

"Dear diary..."

Zach P.O.V

"September 1st, 1989

Dear diary:

I believe I'm a good person. You know, I think there's good in everyone, but -- here we are! First day of senior year! And uh... I look around at these kids that I've known all my life and I ask myself -- what happened?"

"Wow!" Ned gasps, quietly. "I'm so glad we got to see this one!"

"Yeah..." I trail off, lost in thought.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just trying to concentrate on it instead of listening to you!" I chuckle.

~Time Skip~

(A/N: so, Y/N is in ", and J.D is just italic, and all singing is italic)  

"C'mon! Tonight I'm yours
I'm your dead girl walkin'
Get on all fours
Kiss this dead girl walkin'
Let's go, you know the drill
I'm hot and pissed and on the pill
Bow down to the will of a dead girl walking!

And you know, you know, you know
It's 'cause you're beautiful
You say you're numb inside
But I can't agree
So the world's unfair
Keep it locked out there
In here it's beautiful
Let's make this beautiful!"

The longer we watch this show, the more I can't help but think about this girl, this absolutely gorgeous girl. I can't help but imagine myself there, under her. Of course, she'd never like me, and I don't even know her, but thanks to the programme I'll always have a picture of her, I guess. And I know her name, Y/N Y/L/N, which is always handy. 

"No sleep tonight for you

Better chug that Mountain Dew"Okay, okay
"Get your ass in gearMake this whole town disappear!"
Okay, okay!
"Slap me! Pull my hair!Touch meThere and there and there!And no more talkin'"
Whoa-oh-oh-oh!
"Love this dead girl walkin'"

~Time Skip~

Y/N P.O.V

The show ends, and we all come back out to tumultuous applause. I don't think I'll ever get over how happy it makes me when the audience enjoys the show. As it's the last performance, we're doing an (admittedly odd) bit, where people can tweet in something they want us to sing. I think they're only picking 3, so at least it won't take long. 

"Alright-y then!" Ted, who played Ram, shouts, "requests! Tweet them in with the hashtag Heathers, I think."

"First one!" Emma (Heather Duke) says, "'I'm sure I heard those two (Veronica and Heather Chandler) sing Musical Theatre Boys at some point, and yeah, I want that again'. So that's you two, Y/N and June."

"Yeah, I do know my character's name, Em" I laugh, "but okay."

We decide which of us will sing which parts, and we begin.