Prompt 8

"The ladies love a guy who's good with kids"

3rd Person P.O.V

"Ladies love a guy who's good with kids." Eugene wink at the camera, while Michael laughs at him, and he breaks and laughs too, "So, yeah, that's why I agreed to this video."

"To get ladies?" Keith laughs, sounding slightly confused.

"No! No, no, no!" Eugene quickly exclaims, covering his tracks, "to prove to Y/N that I'd be anything to be with her," he goes quiet, and then, "cut that out."

This isn't the sort of thing Eugene ever says, and it concerns the other guys.

"I just want to... nevermind." He adds.

"Okay... well, let's start the day, yeah?" Keith says after a pause, clearly uncomfortable.

As the day drags on, it becomes clear that Eugene is trying his hardest to prove himself and, concerned, the boys confront him.

"Hey, Eugene?" Zach says, cautiously, " Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, why?" He responds, on guard.

"We're worried, buddy," Ned tells him, "are you sure there's nothing?"

"Yeah, we know you, Eugene. As much as you pretend we don't, we do."

"Fine, fine. It's just that Y/N thinks our relationship isn't going anywhere, and we got in this whole big fight about it, and..." He trails off, "I don't know, I just don't want to lose her. I know what she wants is children, and... maybe by proving to myself that I won't fuck up a kid, I can prove to her that I want that sort of a future with her."

~Time Skip~

As Y/N watches the video, tucked way in her burrito-state, she's shocked to hear Eugene's honest feelings, quickly grabbing her phone and leaving the house, she calls him.

"Y/N?" His voice rings out.

"Eugene..." She pauses, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start a fight... you- you don't need to prove yourself to me."

"What?"

"I watched the Try Guys video-"

"They kept that in? I told them not to! Fucking hell, they don't listen, do they..." He cuts her off, but he's clearly not talking to her, "Are you calling me while driving?", he suddenly asks, hearing a car horn.

"Um..."

"Y/N! That's dangerous!" He chastises.

"Open your door..." She says, after a short silence, and then hangs up.

The second the door is open, he rushes to take her in his arms, holding her tight and stroking her hair gently.