5. The Rings

"Oh my God..." Peridot said, her mouth hanging open.

     "This is it..." Lapis added. The two were finishing up Camp Pining Hearts season five, and Percy and Pierre had their own scene. It was the longest scene they've had together, lasting just over four real-time minutes. The two were much more than excited.

     Oh lord, this is the part I've been waiting for! Thought the blonde. The said 'brute' was finally reaching Percy and his superior-performance charm. They'll finally be able to run the whole camp!

     "So, Percy, what is it that you want?" Said Pierre.

     Percy sighed. "I-"

     "Percy! Percy come here!"

     Peridot knew that voice all too well, and she grit her teeth at the sound. She was about to burst as Percy turned his attention to Paulette, who ran to him with exaggerated urgency.

     "Percy, we need you at the lake-"

     "But-"

     "The Color War is ragging worse than it ever has, Percy!" Paulette shook the boy's arm. "Their trashing the coolers, and all of our sports equipment is being destroyed or stolen to everyone's base."

     "Damn it!" Pierre cursed. He ran out of the room. "The yellows are gonna burn my canoe!"

     The episode ended, and Peridot screamed into her pillow. Lapis groaned. "You mess up our ship, and then you throw away Pierre's only methods of escaping the camp?" She exclaimed.

     "This is trash. Trash!" Lapis adds.

     "I know. I'm never gonna watch that movie, unless Paulette's robbed, drowned, shaved bald, or roughed up in the Color War."

     "What if the pink's rough her up?"

     "They'd better! She's a snob, and they need revenge on her more than anybody in the camp!"

     "I promise, Peridot, if they get revenge for the Paint Rage she called on them, I'm throwing a celebration."

     "Ehh, maybe not a celebration-"

     "But we can celebrate. We're the only people in town that watch the show."

     Umm, no? Sure? What? Yes? Maybe? Probably? Absolutely? Uh... why? "What are you getting at Lazuli?"

     "I'm saying, if Paulette get's beat by the girls from the Pink Base, we should go crazy!" Lapis sat up and grabbed her pillow. "I'm talking sixteen cans of whipped cream, air horns, crashing Jasper's car-"

     "What-?"

     "Loud music, the beating on replay for hours, rings, and-" Lapis grew a small blush and looked at her pillow. "Uh-wait, where was I going with this?"

     "I dunno, why'd you say 'rings'?"

     "Rings? I-I didn't say-I said 'rings'?"

     "Yeah, you did. What, do you have some somewhere?" Peridot smiled and stood up, looking around their room. She saw Lapis' eyes shooting towards her pillow.

     "Peridot..." The blonde now looked at the pillow.

     "Are they under it?"

     "No...." After a bit of hesitation, the blonde lept back on the bed to grab Lapis' things. "Peri Noo!" The two began to wrestle and fell off the bed, and Lapis' pillow fell, and with it, a small box. The bluenette snatched the box and stood, holding it out of her friend's reach. "Don't."

     "Aww, come on, I just wanna see. How long have you even had those?"

     "I don't know, just-just don't touch this box, ok?" Peridot let out a small whine, which, unbeknownst to her, made her look and sound like a child trying the puppy-eye trick.

...

     "Peri, stop, please." Said Lapis, smiling. She was about to laugh, though she held it down well. Peridot, having said many times that she hated the puppy-eye gimmick, was pulling it herself. I'll tease her about it later. "There's probably nothin' left in the box anyway."

     "Then why would you be deflecting my attempts to at least hold the box?"

     "Because it's important and I'm saving what's in it for later. I'm sorry, ok, but you'll be able to see what's in here in time, alright?"

     Peridot sighed. "Fine."

It's been a week. Peridot was busy working on her video game with Amethyst and Steven, while Lapis and Pearl were hanging out on the Brooding Hill. Lapis needed to talk to her. 

     Pearl, throughout their year of being in Beach City, revealed some of her past to the three travelers in The Crystal Gems' group. Lapis and-the other two girls-knew that Steven's mom, who went by the name of Rose, had a certain affect on Pearl that made her want to revert back to her servant hierarchy, only to keep Rose happy and provide for her. Even after they rebelled and left The Diamond's dominated area. For a while before Rose ran into Greg Universe, Pearl and Rose had a strong bond, and though it was pretty one-sided romantically, Pearl still knew what it felt like to have a heart for someone, and gave good advice. Her herself having been in a similar situation like the one Lapis is currently in only makes it easier to come to Pearl for guidance.

     The two chatted about their job for a bit and let silence take over as they looked over Beach City and Steven's house in the strange cliff carving. Pearl looked about to stand up, but Lapis stopped her. "Wait-" she said, "-Pearl, hold on." Pearl sat back down and looked to the slightly darker girl.

     "What is it Lapis?"

     "I-I need help." Pearl nodded, listening. "You.. you know last year when we bought those earrings for Peridot?"

     "Yeah, why?"

     "I bought something else for her that same day." Lapis hesitated before continuing. "I just haven't gave them to her yet."

     "Why not?"

     "I don't know. I-I just held back on it. And, last week she found the box I put her present in and she wanted to see it so badly, I just couldn't give it to her still. It was too sudden, and would be forced."

     Pearl hummed. "You want this gift to be special, huh?"

     "Yes, exactly! I-I just don't know what to do."

     Pearl thought for a moment. "How special is this gift to you, and how special, do you think, it will be for Peridot?"

     "It's hella special to me Pearl. It's very important that I present the gift to her, and it will-and should-be very special and amazing when Peri receives it."

     The pale woman smirked. "Ok, look, your one-year arrival anniversary is coming up, correct? We'll have a Gem meeting discussing how we'll celebrate it, and before the party, after the main event-whenever you think is a good time to give Peridot whatever you have, do it. Garnet and Amethyst can even help you set the mood if you'd like."

     Lapis smiled wide and rushed to hug Pearl. "Thanks." she pulled away. "I just really-you don't know how much this means to me, you guys are amazing!"

Hey you guys! From reading the last book (which I sure-as-heck hope you have) this may seem a bit all over the place, or fast pace, or whatever, but this book's still gonna have that same comedic charm, playful romance, and drama the last one had, but better!

There's gonna be violence, there's gonna be charm, there's gonna be cliffhangers, there will be everything! The plot it just starting to unroll and I'm so excited to be writing this for yall'.