12. Rude

[Heated Arguments Ahead Yall]

     "Yo, I thought-" Amethyst began. She was interrupted by Peridot shoving a twenty dollar bill into her hand. 

     "Buy as much shit as you can with it. I don't want any change back."

     "Ok, but where are you going?"

     "Nowhere, ok? I-I'll meet you at your place." Peridot kept walking, probably heading for the Brooding Hill. Amethyst hesitated before walking back towards The Big Doughnut, eyeing Jasper and Lapis on the bench.

     As amethyst waited for her three-dozen doughnuts to be boxed up, she thought about how Peridot walked out on her. She tried to fight back tears. The hell was I thinking, getting into her mess? She balled a fist on the counter, and it shook as her grip on nothing got stronger. She felt stupid, in the absolute least.

     Steven turned from the window to see his friend being consumed by rage. "Amethyst, you-?"

     "That bitch is fucking cheating too!" She suddenly screamed.

     "Woah-" Sadie said. "Calm down Amethyst."

     Amethyst scoffed and took two boxes of doughnuts. Steven took the final. "Whatever. Keep the change Sadie." The two walked out. While doing to, the girl decided that she'd push away her own hurt and try to figure out why Lapis was with Jasper, of all people. Gets Peridot out of my face seperating then anyhow. "Steven, go home, I'll get Peridot and come back with her."

     "Ok. You two gonna be alright? I mean, you both seem pissed."

     "Hey, don't get accustomed with using that kind of language, ok? Pearl'll kill me."

     "My bad. I guess I'll see you later?"

     "Yeah, no guesswork."

...

     Peridot sat down, digging her fingers into the soft grass below her. She was just trying to get away from the stress. She didn't even want to act around Amethyst how she did. She subconsciously found a moment to give the girl what she seemed like she wanted-affection-and gave it to her. And, she, having been physically hurt, felt a bit better about having worked so closely with The Diamonds. Peridot had no idea what Lapis was trying to do, or why the hell it seemed to be working.

     She felt her hear sore in an angry confusion. "I-I should'a just shut the hell up. I was so afraid of losing her, but if I would'a just kept quiet, Jasper wouldn't have a chance to do this!" Peridot paused. "I-I guess I may deserve it though, I mean, with The Diamonds coming with the weapons I gave them access to.. Dammit! It still seems wrong to me. Despite my deserving of, I can't let go." Peridot let a single, hot, tear fall from her face before wiping it away and straightening up. She wanted a doughnut, to be honest. I can't just show up now, not after storming out like that. The hell would I say, 'Sorry I used you to distract myself'? Or 'Sorry I'm so stupidly jealous I got temper all of a sudden'!?

     Peridot sighed. If anything, she should be trusting Lapis to just be chilling with Jasper. Just cooling off. She wondered if this is how Lapis felt, though. This kind of betreyal.

...

     Amethyst stopped around the block corner to Jasper's house, and saw Lapis and the buff girl walking into it.

     "Do you have popcorn?" Lapis asked. Amethyst could barley hear it, though.

     "I think so." Replied Jasper.