30. Reunited

"Lapis? L-Lapis can you hear me?"

     "My breathing was halted, not my hearing." Lazuli said with a smile. She opened her eyes to Peridot standing over, biting her lip in worry. "Don't look at me like that." She ran a hand down the blonde's cheek, who slowly pulled away, avoiding eye-contact to hide her tears. Jasper, Garnet, Steven and Connie... Everyone was here, and then some. There was a short girl Lazuli didn't recognized. Even so, neither Amethyst and Pearl were there. Amethyst must have taken her to the 'base'.

     "Lapis!" Steven exclaimed. He hugged the bluenette. "I'm so glad you're ok."

     "Yeah." she replied.

     "Do you feel alright?" Jasper asked.

     "I feel fine."

     "Thankfully." Peridot added.

     "What are you playing at?" Lazuli asked her.

     The room's eyes turned her way. She groaned. "Lapis.." She said. The blonde sighed. "I was just really stressed when the area began to be raided by the other Gems... Uh, p-partly because I knew I had no time to call you for comfort."

     "Aww." Lazuli teased.

     "Shut up." half the room chuckled at her embarrassment. "Th-that's not funny!" She exclaimed, turning back to her friend. "I-when I heard you were back here, I-I panicked and tried to come as soon as possible-which wasn't even soon enough. There were still Gems out there to hurt you-I mean, look what they did!"

     Lazuli sighed. "Says you-you don't even have an arm!" she exclaimed, pointing to the make-shift extremity.

     "I didn't go to the hospital for it!"

     Lazuli scoffed. "Look, I'm fine. I'll always be fine, ok? Don't ever worry about that." She grabbed Peridot's face so their eyes would meet, and felt her cheeks heat up along with the deep blush that accompanied it. Steven covered his eyes with his arm, which Connie laughed at, and Blue stood up.

     "I'll excuse myself for your sake." She said, winking at Lazuli and leaving the room. The shorter girl followed her. She stuck her tongue out at her in response, turning back to Peridot.

     "O-Ok." The blonde replied. Garnet sat down, and Jasper shifted her weight, looking to the floor. "I-I just couldn't help it, I guess. I'm sorry."

     "Don't apologize. Let me do that."

     "Alright, I-" Lapis pulled the blonde towards her, kissing her lips, drowning in how soft they were and letting the moment carry on for as long as they both refused to breathe. They both missed the familiar feel of the other's lips, and they were finally reunited. 

...

     Peridot quietly stuttered when they broke apart, knowing Garnet was probably staring at them with an idiotic fan-girl type smile. "W-well." The blonde began, trying to find something sensible to say, "uh, that was something?"

     "I good something I hope." Garnet muttered.

     Peridot rolled her eyes, nearly sick due to most of the group being present. "Great, that's the entirety of the hospital in on this." Lapis chuckled.

     "Let them know." Her finger traced upward Peridot's neck, the the blonde bit blood out of her lip, freaking out and walking away from the hospital bed to wipe it away. The room laughed, and she scoffed with a smile herself.

     "Lapis!" Somebody shouted from outside. "She in there?" She asked. It was Amethyst, and Peridot backed out of the doorway to make room for her.

     "Dammit let go of me, I-I don't need to be here!"

     Peridot reeled from who Amethyst dragged in the door, clenching a fist and drawing her built-in hand knife. "What the hell?" She growled.

     "Yo, I was not gonna leave her alone at the base." Amethyst said, hands up. Garnet and Jasper were standing, and Squaridot went to the other side of the room without a word.

     "Who the heck is this?" Lapis asked.

     "Somebody who shouldn't be here." Peridot snapped, looking to her double.

     "It's not like I wanted to come to the funeral." Squaridot retorted.

     "Excuse me?" Lapis asked, sitting up. "Who the fuck is dying?" Amethyst ran a hands through her hair, and Jasper noticeably exhaled. "I.. I'm sorry." Lapis muttered.

     "It's fine Lapis. Really." Amethyst added. Squaridot slid along the wall and sat in the corner of the room, resting her arms on her knees. Peridot heated up in anger. A nurse came in to check Lapis, and asked for some of the crowd to leave the room. Squaridot raised her hands to her chest, walking quietly out the room. Lavender followed, and after pecking her lips onto Lazuli's forehead-which made Peridot's heart pound hard in her chest-Blue left as well. Steven and Connie excused themselves to get some drinks from the vending machine, Garnet asking for a Coke. That left Garnet, Peridot, Jasper, and Amethyst with Lapis. The nurse smiled and began checking in on Lazuli's health.

...

     "Funeral huh?" Blue asked the blonde. She scoffed.

     "What else am I supposed to say. They locked me up in their house, and now they're all cuddled up in a pathetic hospital? My time is being wasted here!"

     "Is it though?"

     "Uh-Y-Yes! It is! I have to get back to my sector and continue fighting."

     "Wouldn't your superior be pissed about you ditching the area?" Lavender asked.

     "She would, but she's gone now."

     The area fell silent. "So you don't have any orders to go back to the sector?" Blue asked.

     "Well, I-I guess not." The blonde avoided eye-contact.

     "So you're time's not being wasted..." The blonde blushed a deep red, mumbling a curse. She kept looking at her folded hands. 

     "It's not that bad you know. You have time to work on whatever you want." Lavender began. "You're free now."

     "Wh-who has time to be free when the continent is falling apart?" Exclaimed Squaridot. She felt trapped, she wanted to escape and return to Hessonite's order. She lived obeying her word, and felt completely lost without it. Even so, she refused to allow the rebels to know that, and would devote her time stuck with them hiding that fact.

     "You can be free helping the continent." Suggested Lapis' double.

     "Going back into the Authority."

     Lavender scoffed. "You wish. We mean joining us. If you do so willingly, you'll never be stuck in their bathroom again~"

     "What-?" Blue asked.

     "Shut it." Snapped Squaridot. The three of them stood in silence until Steven and Connie returned with some water, Sprites, and a Coke for Garnet. Blue and Lavender got water, and Squaridot a bottle of Sprite, and the two went inside to pass out the remaining drinks.

THIS IS IT YOU GUYS!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!