Chapter 35 (Part 1)

Sorry for the very late chapter, I've been dealing with a lot of stuff. But, better late than never. This is short, I'll try to put up the second part by Saturday.

Chapter 35 (Part 1)

Nick's POV

Dad and I walk to the food vendors, talking about soccer to pass the time. We get in line and wait till it's our turn.

After ordering the food, dad and I stand to the side to wait for the food to be prepared.

"Number 53?" a girl behind the stand asks.

"That would be us, thanks." I say, collecting some of the stuff while dad takes the rest.

"Have a nice evening," the girl parts smiling warmly at me.

"You too, thanks." I reply and then turn around to follow my dad only to bump into someone. "Shit, sorry." I cuss, grabbing the person's soft petite arm, with my free hand, before they can land on the ground. Little electric shocks running up my hand. Fuck, that's such a nice feeling.

"Sorry, sorry," a musical voice apologizes. I look down at the person to find the most beautiful girl on the planet. I thought Kaylie was beautiful, which she is, but this... This is beyond beautiful. Soft looking pale skin, long caramel hair and soft brown eyes. Gosh, she's so pretty. As I stare at this angel, she stares right back at me. And then she blushes, profusely. Using one of her hand to move strands of hair out of her face. The aroma of wild flowers and lavender hit my nostrils.

'Mate!' my wolf says.

'What? Impossible.'

'Not, I've been trying to tell you. I could feel that we have another mate out there. Someone who the bond will be stronger with. And now, we've found her.' my wolf explains, seeming pleased.

What do I say? I wonder. She's staring at me, awaiting for-

'Say hi you moron.'

'Hey! I'm not a moron, if I'm one then you're one too.'

'Just say hello,' my wolf scoffs.

Right. Say hello. "Um- hi, I'm Nick." I introduce, releasing her arm.

"Hannah," her musical voice answers, smiling shyly up at me.

"It's very nice to meet you Hannah,"

She blushes again. Wow, so adorable. "So Hannah, do you attend Oakland high?" I've never seen her at school, I'm sure I would have noticed such a beautiful lady.

She chuckles and gestures to herself like it explains my question. "Wha- oh," I realize what she's trying to say. She's wearing the jersey of our rival school and their colors painted on her face. How could I have missed that? I ponder.

'You were too busy staring at her face.' my wolf says.

Oh. Right.

"Sorry, I'm so slow."

"No, no, it's cute," she replies shyly, looking at me through her lashes. Heart attack!

Someone clears their thraot, and I look behind her to find my dad with an amused smirk playing on his lips.

"What?" I mouth to him and he shakes his head, then gestures to the food I'm still holding with one hand.

"I'll take that son," he says, walking closer to take it from me.

"Oh, thanks dad." I hand him the food gratefully and then look back at Hannah to find her staring at me expectantly, nodding her head slightly towards my dad. Gosh, I'm stupid. "Dad, this is Hannah. Hannah, my father." I introduce.

Dad looks warmly at her, "Nice to meet you Hannah, welcome to the family. If you'll excuse me, Kaylie's probably fidgeting in her seat waiting for her food." he says and then smiles at Hannah again before walking away.

"Who's Kaylie?" she asks after my dad leaves.

"My brother's mate," I tell her and she nods in understanding.

"You're my mate," she says quietly that I almost didn't quite catch it.

"I know." I grin down at her. Aren't I so lucky? Having another mate to help me forget Rain and Kaylie. Although, Kaylie was never mine to have. But I'm glad.

**********************************************************************

Kaylie's POV

I'm so happy for Nick! He finally found someone who can love him to the ends of the earth. After the introduction, her brother showed up, who happened to be on the rival team. It was awkward at first, but no one can mess with fate. They're mates, and not even a ridiculous rivalry can change that. Hannah is such a nice girl, a bit on the shy side but wonderful nonetheless.

"Okay girls, I'm done. Now you can both turn around."

I turn around in the swivel vanity chair to come face to face with a beautiful girl staring at me in the mirror.

"Oh my..." I trail off, completely amazed.

"You like?"

"Like? I love!" Hannah and I exclaim together and then we look at each other and giggle. In just one night, we've become good friends.

"Good, the boys will be here in a couple minutes."

"Can we stand up?" I question, looking back at her.

"Of course," she nods and I smile getting off the vanity chair.

Sarah, put me in a beautiful cream colored floor length dress with a beaded one shoulder strap, sweetheart neckline, and fitted bodice. The skirt is an A-line with a natural waistline and a side slit. She paired it with matching strappy heels. She had put my hair up and left a little curls to hang around the side of my face. (A/N I'm not good with describing hairstyles, dresses, and make-up :/)

She had done my make-up to perfection. Making it seem natural and beautiful. Wow.

"Thank you Sarah," I say turning to her and giving her a hug.

"You're welcome honey," she replies and then moves on to hug Hannah. Hannah looks beautiful too, her dress is an emerald green floor length with embellishments on the bodice and midriff. Strapless, straight neckline and layered skirt. With matching strappy heels like mine.

Sarah decided to help us get ready for prom, while the boys will arrive later for pictures before we leave. She did a phenomenal job, I couldn't have possibly been able to put on make-up and look so pretty.

"Come on girls, I hear the boys."

**************************************************************************************

Have a good day/night