Chapter three

The next day I rushed home. I needed to hurry up and clean up before my FaceTime call with Jahseh.

I took a quick shower and got dressed and beat my whole face with makeup.

I got a text. "Send me your number?" 

"281-222-0022"

Moments later. He called me.

I started freaking out.

omg...

I answered it..

I saw his face. OMG HE WAS EVEN FINERRRR THAN IN HIS PICS.

He grinned. "Hey.."

"Hey.."

"You look pretty."

I bit my lip and blushed.

"umm thanks."

The whole conversation for me was awkward...at first.

But then we just started talking and I started spilling my whole life story to him.

He was good to talk to. AND CUTE!

I checked the time. 11:55

We had talk for an hour.

"Hey we should get off, gotta get up early for school in the morning ya know."

He frowned. "Let's do this again soon...I'll text you later."

"Okay text me later. bye .."

He waved and I ended the call.

I smiled. He was amazing.

The next day I got ready for school.

I went downstairs. My mom was sitting down at the dining table tears streaming down her face. Her work clothes were spread on the couch but she was still in her pajamas. 

"Mama what's wrong?"

"Your dad is gone..He left in the night and left this damn note." she threw it at me, still crying.

I grabbed it and read it.

Dear Monica,

I love you and Nelly more than anything. But, I honestly can't be in your life. I still love Karen and I can't deny that. I'm going to find her. Try and fix things. I know this is routine with me but here's what I'm going to do. If you ever need me, reach me at this number. Text, Call whatever.

281-433-0001

Love,

Daren & Dad.

I cried... he hurt my mom again but here he was actually making an effort.

I sat at the table and held my mom's hand while I ate breakfast..

Maybe my life was changing for the better...

I kinda was happy my father was trying.

I also have a new friend in my life.