Chapter fourteen

That night after I found my dress we all went out to eat, my mother, Rhea and I.

The waitress came over to get our drink orders and give us our menu's.

Everything was so expensive, but as Jahseh instructed, I was suppose to put everything on his card and not worry about anything.

"So...Nelly, I have to ask you something." My mother stated.

I took a sip of my soda and sat it down.

"Yes?" I asked curious.

"Are you going to invite your father to the wedding?"

I stared at her with a blank expression and she pressed further.

"Are you going to let him walk you down the aisle?"

I looked at her with disbelief.

Since he left the last time, I called him from time to time but invite him to my wedding? Let him give me away? ...I just didn't know.

I needed to take some time to think about it...well about inviting him, i knew who was going to give me away at my wedding and I knew the answer by heart...my mom.

"Mama, I don't know...but I have been meaning to ask you something..."

She leaned over the table listening to me.

"Will you give me away?"

Tears, spilled down her cheeks and she smiled...I glanced at Rhea who was balling.

"Of course baby, I'd be happy too."

I cried and we grabbed each other's hands.

Later that night, I came home to no Jahseh...but there was a note on the bedside table.

Hey baby!

Went to the studio, i'll be home late...so don't wait up. Feel free to drop by if your up to it. I would love to see you, but i'd understand if you're tired. Hope you had a good time with your mom and friend! I love you.

                                                                                                              Love,

                                                                                                                      The man who loves you, Jahseh

I smiled, I was so proud of him for working so hard, I decided to give him a quick call.

The phone rang and rang....all of a sudden...a random guy picked up the phone.

"Hello?" the guy answered.

"Hello?" I asked confused.

"oh wait, is this Nelly?"

"Yes...." I mumbled. "Who's this?"

"Oh my name's Zac, Zeke's brother."

"Oh hi, can I talk to Jahseh?"

"Of course....hold on."

I waited until I heard the sound of Jahseh's voice.

"Hey."

"I was always scared, I'd hear a random girl's voice calling you...but it was a guy..."

Jahseh laughed.

"I'm not gay babe!"

I laughed too.

"Hope not....but anyways....i'm going to bed, I wanted to wish you a goodnight."

"Awww...goodnight babe, I love you."

"I love you too...bye babe, work hard."

"I will, bye."

I got all ready for bed.

Laying down and falling asleep, all of a sudden...I heard a long banging down the hall then, i felt a hand over my mouth then everything went black.