Chapter six

I put my earphones in and scrolled through my Instagram. I just got it. I really like this app. 

Today was prom. I was honestly super happy. I was going with my friend Rhea. 

Rhea was one of those "hood rat baby mama bitches" as Tessa Choice would call it.

She had been in and out of Juvi since 8th grade. 

She also had two kids. 

and she was only sixteen.

But they were all with the same nigga.

Her boyfriend since the seventh grade.

I kept scrolling through the gram til I gotta FaceTime request from Jahseh.

I pressed accept and my music turned off.

I soon saw Jahseh cute ass face. I honestly was falling for him harder everyday.

"Hey!" he boomed. I smiled..

"Hey, what you doing up this early?"

He bit his lip. OMG SO HOT. "Couldn't sleep, I guess."

I started looking at his surrondings. He wasn't in his room, seemed like he was in a car.

"Where you going this early?" 

"Oh uhhh store."

He seemed a bit hesitant. But why would he lie to me?

"Well, Today is prom and I honestly should probably go eat some breakfast and take a shower."

"When does it start?" He asked..I smiled at him giving him a simple answer.

"7:30." 

He smiled big. "Well yeah go get breakfast and stuff..I'll see you, I mean...text you later."

I laughed at him. He was being a bit shady. "kay, well bye."

He waved me off and hung up.

I hurried and hopped in the shower and through one some sweats and went downstairs.

"Goodmorning Nelly." my mother smiled from the couch. She was drinking coffee and on her laptop.

"Morning mama." I went to the kitchen and made some cereal and a cup of coffee. I was super happy for tonight.

I went on with my day relaxing and then getting ready for prom.

I beat my face , did my hair and put on my dress. Rhea got here around six so we could take pictures and she looked beautiful. I could tell she wanted to go to prom with her boyfriend especially since it was her senior prom, but he was in jail for drug possession.

We took pictures and there was a knock on the door. 

I opened it to see...Jahseh..standing there looking amazing in his suit. I started to cry...

"Don't let your makeup run Nelle." I cried, hugging him. He was here...

Rhea laughed. "I knew the whole time...I almost told you. I was so happy for you!"

My mom laughed and cried.

I looked into his eyes. "You came..."

"I told you, I wanted to go to prom with you.."

I smiled. This was going to be a special night.

It was.

We danced the night away and talked.

It was nice to have him here, this was the night I knew.

I loved him.

and I wanted to be his girl.