Stand By You

Jaime's POV

I was in my car on the way to the hospital after I got the call. Tony was in the passenger seat, nervous as ever. He dialed Vic's number and told him to get Mike and meet us there.

We got inside the building and a nurse lead us to the room. We walked in and saw Lindsey, she was asleep and covered in bruises.

Tony took a seat in the chair and watched her for a minute until Vic and Mike came in the room and woke her up.

"Tony?" she mumbled. He gave her a soft hug and then me, then Vic, and finally Mike.

She stretched and let out a yawn. "What time am I getting out of here?" She asked.

Just then the doctor came in. "Well Ms. O'Clair, you can go tomorrow morning. We have to keep you tonight for surveillance." She nodded. "It's possible you have a minor concussion but there's not too much to do about that. Call if she experiences any of these symptoms." He continued. He handed Tony a business card and list of symptoms.

Tony nodded and the doctor left.

"Jaime, I have a recording session tonight." He said.

"Say no more, I'll stay here with her tonight." I said.

"Thanks hime. I owe you one." He said.

He kissed Lindsey on the forehead. "Sorry hun, I gotta run. Jaime will be here though, I'll be here first thing in the morning."

"That's okay." She said.

Tony left and I glanced at Lindsey unsure of what to say.

"So are you feeling okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. My head hurts but I'm pulling through. I guess I just want to go home more than anything." She said.

Soon she fell asleep. It was okay at first until she began shaking and screaming in her sleep.

I tried to shake her awake when she said something I will never forget.

"No Luke, come back! It's Lindsey I need you! I love you, don't die!!" She sobbed. Up until now I didn't know it was possible to cry in your sleep.

But who was she dreaming about? A boyfriend? I should back off, if she just lost her boyfriend she doesn't need this. But then why is she dating Tony?

I gently placed my hand on her shoulder. "Lindsey, wake up. It's Jaime, it's okay." I said.

She jolted up with a scream.

"J-Jaime?" She said shakily.

"Yes Linds?" I said.

"Was I screaming, a-and crying?" She asks.

"Yes Linds." I say this time not as a question. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Yea, I think so." She mumbled.

I told Jaime everything, just like that night with Vic in the hospital. I really need to stop confessing my life's problems to people in the hospital.

"I'm sorry Lindsey," I said. I gave her a hug.

She wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry I haven't cried like this since he died."

"Don't apologize," I said.

"I love you Jaime." She said.

"I love you too." I replied.

AN~ sorry, short chapter. Thanks for reading!!