Family Funeral

You looked at your aunt, both of you crying. "Where are mommy and daddy going?" You asked. All you knew was that they had both been killed in a hit and run.

Your Aunt Chrissie picked you up. "Mommy and Daddy are going somewhere safe." She said, trying to protect your innocent, 8 year old mind.

"But who's gonna take care of me now?" You asked, hugging your aunt.

"I'm going to." She said, holding you tight.

You looked at the caskets your parents were in. You wiggled free from your aunt's grip and ran up to them. You weren't tall enough to see into them. "Wake up mommy and daddy! We have to go home!" You screamed.

You continued to shout for them to wake up but they didn't move. Your aunt came up and picked you up, walking you back to your seat.

"What are you doing? I was waking Mommy and Daddy up!" You yelled at her, tears rolling down your cheeks. Your aunt sighed. "They aren't going to wake up.. I'm so sorry.."

She carried you outside as you watched your parent's caskets were closed and put into two large holes in the ground. Then they buried the caskets.

Your aunt drove you back to her house and tucked you into bed. "Goodnight (y/n)." She spoke,  kissing your forehead. She turned off the light and walked out.