Chapter 5

Three days had passed. This day was the day Angus came back home. He was the only one who didn't know of  Y/N's existence and that she knew the Tuck's secret. "How do you think we'll brake it to him?" Jessie asked.
"Right away. It's better to get it out of the way." Miles suggested.
"No! You'd give your poor father a heart attack." Mae objected.
"Well it's not like anything would happen if he did." Miles mumbled.
Mae groaned. "Look, I say we gradually brake the news, but not to slow." Mae said.
"Agree?" She asked.
Everyone nodded their heads. "You're going to need to go into the attic, ok?" Miles said.
Y/N nodded her head before heading up into the attic.
A couple minutes passed before the sound of an opening door could be heard. "I'm home!" Angus yelled walking through the door, fishing pole in hand.
"Hi honey, how was your fishing trip?" Mae asked pecking her husband on the lips.
"Good." Angus said before kissing Mae on the lips again, just a little more forceful.
"This is gross." Jessie mumbled.
"Oh grow up Jessie." Miles groaned.
"That's impossible." Jessie said with a smile.
Miles rolled his eyes.
"So, we need to tell you something." Mae said.
"Is it something Jessie did?" Angus asked.
"Yes." Miles bluntly answered.
"Only partly." Jessie defended.
"What happened?" Angus asked raising an eyebrow.
Mae, Miles and Jessie all looked at each other, none of them really knew what to say. A couple minutes later Jessie responded. "Remember Winnie?"
"Yes." Angus said with a tab bit of worry in his voice.
"Well, a couple days ago. I met this girl, she was injured so I brought her back here-" Jessie explained before getting cut off.
"Does this girl know though?" Angus asked in a bit of distress.
"Y-yes." Jessie said in a sheepish, squeaky voice.
"Nice job easing him in." Miles whispered.
"Where is she?" Angus asked.
"Up in the attic, but I can assure you. Her lips are sealed." Miles replied.
"You can come down Y/N!" Mae yelled.
Y/N shyly walked downstairs. "So you're the girl?" Angus asked.
"Yes." Y/N said.
Angus looked at Y/N for a moment before letting out a sigh. "Honey I can assure you our secret is truly safe this time. She doesn't have anyone by her side or a place to return to." Mae reassured.
"I-it's true. I don't have anyone in my life anymore." Y/N confirmed.
"It's to early in the morning for this." Angus said walking off.
Mae sighed heavily. "I'm sorry about my husband. It's a little difficult for all of us to have someone around."
"I understand." Y/N said walking downstairs and out the door.
Jessie followed Y/N outside to see her leaning against the cabin. "You ok?" He asked.
"Yeah I'm fine." Y/N heavily sighed.
Jessie gave Y/N an conceived but kind look. Upon seeing Jessie's expression Y/N gave a real answer. "Ok fine. I'm just getting the feeling that I'm unwanted-"
Jessie felt taken aback. "I mean it's totally reasonable to feel that way. I get I'm not exactly what any of you were expecting. So it's fine but you know being human and what-not-"
"You're not a nuisance." Jessie interjected.
Y/N looked at Jessie is a surprised, blank stare. "I'm not?" She asked.
"No. Of course it's a bit of an adjustment to having someone else around but you're far from being a nuisance." Jessie reassured.
"Let's go back inside." Jessie said.
Y/N smiled following Jessie back inside, to be met with Angus. "H-hey." Y/N greeted.
"I'd like to apologize." Angus said scratching the back of his neck.
"What for?"
"I was a little rude upon knowing about you. It's just that no one is supposed to know about us. You know?"
"I understand, and you're forgiven."
"Look, stay here as long as you need. It's the least we can do." Angus said.
Y/N smiled. Something told her, this was going be an alright family to hang around.

A/N Oof I had no idea how to end this chapter
Thanks for reading
The Author