Charon ➵ Humanity

Charon
Fallout 3
Warning: None

CharonFallout 3Warning: None

I had lost Charon. Not willingly, and there was no price on him. I had lost his contract, and now he was nowhere to be found. Well, until now. Now I was on your knees with his gun pushed to my forehead. Behind him, a man in a suit who'd found his contract. I looked to Charon with wide eyes, "Charon, I've missed you... You don't have to do this. Kill that guy and we can leave... together... Please Charon."

He stared at me, as though he were searching my eyes for a sliver of humanity. He didn't know what to do. I lost his contract so he felt that I had not cared for him. He thought that since I lost his contract, I didn't need him.

That was a month ago. He nearly killed me a month ago.

Right now, he was tossing and turning as I sat up, sniper across my lap, waiting for an enemy to happen to walk by. I needed action. I craved it. I watched him carefully as he rolled onto his stomach, then his side, then his back, then his other side.

"Can't sleep?"

He sat up, confirming my question positively. He stood up, and came, leaning back against a brick wall alongside me. I looked to him, "Is something the matter?"

He nodded.

I moved closer to him, putting my thigh against his and grabbing his hand. He looked to me, then darted his eyes in the opposite direction. I squeezed his hand and he knew it meant I wanted his gaze to cross mine. I raised my brow at him, and he communicated with his eyes. I leaned my head on his shoulder, kissing a bare part of it gently, "Are you still thinking about that whole contract thing?"

He nodded.

"Charon, you were there when I burned the damn thing. You aren't held by it anymore."

"Not what's bothering me."

"Oh... Well... what is it?"

He looked down at me, and I drew back to stare at him. His voice wavered, "I almost killed you." His voice cracked and for a split second I thought he was going to cry. I was right. He nuzzled into where my neck met my shoulder and sobbed. I had never seen him cry, nor had I thought it possible. I put my gun aside and wrapped both my arms around him as he trembled. I pushed him off of me slightly, looking into his watery eyes and cupping his jaw, "Look Charon, that was in the past. And what's important is that you didn't kill me. You didn't take orders. That must have been hard for you, but I hope you know I think you made the right choice."

He looked at me, pushing his lips to mine before resting his head above me. I gripped his hand again, this time with our fingers interlocked.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??