six - keiths depression

Keiths POV

TW

2:56 am

    Lance and I were laying in bed he was sleeping. My 3 am thoughts were flowing in. Why does lance never speak of his family, What are the issues between him and them. I want to ask him, but I don't want to make him upset. I guess I'll have to wait.

    I got up and went into the living room. I didn't want to wake lance up. I got on the couch and stared at my wrists. I dare you to do it. No, I can't. Why can't you? Because I need to stay here with lance. I love him and he loves me. Huh, you're funny. Lance doesn't love you he's just gonna break your heart. Stop talking like that. So you believe it, good cause it's true. Tears started to stream down my face.

I wiped them away and walked to the bathroom. I looked for my razor. "Where the fuck is it," I said quietly. I grabbed an unbroken razor that was never used. I broke it in half. Pictures started to flash through my brain. Lotor, my parents, drinking, that I'm not in the body I want to be in. I need to be in. I started to cut. Leaving cuts every single one getting deeper and longer. I started to cry harder.

    "Keith!?" Lance shouted. I should've done it. "Lance!" I cried out his name. He ran into the bathroom. "Baby no!" He said in a broken voice. "I'm sorry," I Said tears continued to fall. He grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my wrist. "I'm gonna call Shiro hold the towel there." He said softly.

    "Please, don't." He ignored me and ran out of the room. Minutes later I heard Shiro burst into the guest house. Lance ran back into the bathroom with Shiro. "Keith, why?" Shiro asked. I looked at the floor. I never noticed how many patterns were on it. It was peaceful. Shiro gave a signal to lance so he'd leave the room and he did so.

He kneeled down and started to use the first aid kit he had underneath our sink. "You can talk to me you know." I looked away. "I know. I don't want to talk about it." "Keith you have to because after this you're going to walk into that living room and want lance and I to forget. You need help Keith," "I know I do."

I think I was finally going to tell him what Lotor did to me. Here goes nothing, I hope. "Shiro, back when I lived in the apartment. I-I was r-raped"