Evil Spirit of the Millennium Ring

~Nikki~
We then join the boys as they finished cooking. "Wow guys, it smells amazing!" I said as I sit next to Yugi. While we were eating, everyone was talking, I kept thinking about Seto. Why would he help me? I mean, was I right about him having a crush on me? Well, he did show me compassion the last time I saw him, even when I was kinda being mean to him. Honestly, I think he understood why, not just because he hurt my grandpa and force Yugi to duel, but because of the loss. First I lose my parents, then this happens. Ever since I put on this Bracelet, I've been feeling a connection towards Seto, but why? Well, I have to admit, Seto his handsome. That chestnut brown hair that looked soft, and his cobalt blue eyes that could make me go weak in the knees, and his velvet voice makes me melt. I didn't know how long I was thinking until Yugi waved a hand in front of my face.
"You in there, Nik? Earth to Nik, this group of humans need you," Yugi joked. I snapped out of it.
"Yo, what's up?" I asked.
"You've been staring into space and holding that necklace for a while now. You didn't even notice that Mai left," Tristen said to me. Tea looked at my necklace.
"Wow, that's pretty, where did you get it?" She asked me. I blushed a little.
"S-Seto gave it to me," I mumbled.
"What was that, Nik?" Joey asked.
"Seto Kaiba gave it to me!" I answered louder shocking all of them.
"Kaiba gave you a necklace? Where was I when this happened?" Yugi asked. I sighed.
"It happened when I left school early. He stopped by the game shop saying he wanted to check up on me. Guys, he knows about my parents and wanted to offer his condolences. In that time, he slipped the necklace into my hand. Apparently this is one of a kind," I stated.
"One of a kind? How would he get it?" Tristen asked me.
"Mokuba told me that he found drawings in Seto's office. This was personally customized," I told him. They were all shocked that Seto Kaiba, a guy who's a jerk to them, gave me a necklace in a kind gesture. Tea and I then heard rustling and screamed. Tristen and Joey ran up ready to fight. That's when a boy with long white hair and brown eyes appeared. Bakura!
"It's Bakura," Yugi said.
"See? I told you! I haven't just been seeing things," Tea said.
"What are you doing way out here, Bakura?" Joey asked.
"Same as you guys I guess," Bakura said with a British accent. Tristen told him that he gave us a scare sneaking in the bushes.
"I'm mainly just shocked you're here. I didn't know you played Duel Monsters," I said to him. He just smiled at me. Bakura then joined us at the fire. Tristen then said Joey was staring at a card for about an hour.
"I'll tell ya, just don't laugh. Sometimes when I'm in a duel I pretend that it's me out there on the field swiping blows with whatever my opponent has out. Isn't that dumb?" Joey asked embarrassed.
"Well, if you were, what card would you want to be, Joey?" Bakura asked.
"This one," Joey holds up his card. "The Flame Swordsman kicks everybody's butt," he said next. He then pretended to slash an imaginary flame sword to prove his point. Tristen stands up.
"Not my guys, the Cyber Commander," He said holding his card up.
"You boys and your cards are hilarious," Tea laughed.
"I think everyone has a card they can identify with. You should see if you can pick one for yourself, Tea," Yugi said.
"Oh," she picked a card. "I pick this one. Magician of Faith," she said.
"What? You gotta be kidding me!" Tristen said shocked.
"More like Magician of Freaks if you ask me," Joey agreed.
"Shut up!" Tea tells them making them crouch and grin foolishly. I just had to laugh at them.
"Tell me which you identify with, Yugi," Bakura said.
"Oh that's easy. Dark Magician hands down," Yugi told him. Joey looked at me.
"What about you, Nikki? I bet you have a favorite," he said to me.
"Well, my first favorite is a secret since I don't want Pegasus to know about it. My second favorite is Queen of Angels," I showed the card.
"Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but don't you guys think it's silly to be comparing ourselves with playing cards?" Tea asked.
"Maybe a little, but it's like grandpa always says, 'it's not about the playing cards, it's about putting a little bit of your heart into anything that you care about', you know," Yugi said. We all nod agreeing. I looked at Bakura.
"What about you, Bakura. What's your favorite?" I asked him.
"This one is my favorite," he shows us a card of a fairy half white and half black.
"Isn't that he Change of Heart card?" Yugi asked. I nodded.
"Yes, it is," I answered.
"Kinda weird looking picture dontchya think?" Joey asked.
"Hm. If you'd like to see how it works, we can have a duel right now. Not for star chips, just for a little fun," Bakura suggests. Okay, bad feeling arising.
We all agree then. Bakura has us place out favorite cards into Yugi's deck and he shuffles them. Suddenly something around Bakura's neck glows as his voice changes. I see the shape and gasp.
"That Millennium Ring!" I said. Bakura smirks at me.
"Yes, Nikki, you're very observant, much like Naira was," he told me. Who the heck is Naira? The scene grows dark.
"Man, I hate magic," Joey said.
"Why are you doing this, Bakura?" Yugi demanded.
"You and Nikki have something that I want, Yugi. And I aim to take them," Bakura says before I see nothing but darkness.
~Yami~
I look at my friends finding them all unconscious. I look at Nikki and become more worried.
"That wasn't too difficult. Their souls have been locked away, and now, after countless centuries, the legendary Millennium Puzzle and Bracelet are mine!" Bakura says. He tries to take them, but I take over for Yugi and stop him while Nikki's Bracelet makes a golden barrier around her. "No, it can't be!" He gasped.
"You want my Millennium Puzzle and Nikki's Millennium Bracelet, then you're going to have to duel me for them. But if I win, you release my friends and send us all back," I glared. Hurting my friends is one thing, but hurting my sister is another. Bakura laughs.
"I agree to your ridiculous terms, Yugi. But I promise you, there is more at stake here than you can comprehend. And this is one Shadow Game you cannot win!" Bakura told me. The Shadow Realm?!
"Bakura, what have you done? Why have you taken us to the Shadow Realm?" I asked him. He chuckles.
"Bakura? Bakura is no longer here."
"If you're not Bakura then who are you?" I asked him.
"I am a thief and a stealer of souls. And I have down terrible things in my quest for the Millennium Items. You remember the legends, don't you? Whoever wields all eight Millennium Items will possess power unimaginable. And before I'm done with you, you're Millennium Puzzle her Nikki's Bracelet will be mine," he told me. I touch my puzzle.
"That's not going to happen. Whoever you are," I said. I then smirked. "Besides, how are you going to get the Millennium Bracelet when all it does is put up a barrier?" I asked. I then remembered when he talked to Nikki. "And who is Naira?" I asked. He chuckled.
"You don't remember Naira? If she really were here, she would be heartbroken that her big brother doesn't remember her. But oh well, let the Shadow Game begin," he said to me. Big brother? That must the connection I feel with Nikki, why I'm so protective of her. We begin the duel.
(Bakura-2000, Yami-2000)
"The first move is yours," 'Bakura' told me. I looked at my cards.
"Then my first card, Cyber Commander. Tristen's favorite," I said. I played the card into play and...Tristen appears on the field as Cyber Commander! "Tristen!" I gasped of shock and fear.
"Huh? What a weird dream. Where am I? What's going on here?" Tristen ask as he looked around. He turns finding me and screams. I then remembered the Ring glowing.
"Bakura must have used his Millennium Ring to capture Tristen's soul within his favorite card," I said to myself.
"Who's your little friend, Yugi? He looks pretty tough, but can he deal with this? The White Magic Hat (1000 ATK, 700 DEF)," Bakura places his card in attack mode. White Magic Hat appeared on the field.
"Oh man, I still must be dreaming. Yeah, that's it. This is all a really bad dream...AH!" Tristen was then destroyed.
"No Tristen!" I shouted. Bakura chuckles.
"Aww, looks like that cards been defeated and your poor friend's soul was trapped within it," Bakura told me. I glared at him.
"Where is he? What have you done with Tristen?" I asked angered.
"Your friend is gone. On his way to the discard pile or the graveyard as we call it in Duel Monster," Bakura told me.
"I can't be...Tristen can't be gone," I said sadly. If he's gone, then the same will happen to Yugi, Tea, Joey...and Nikki. I looked at Bakura practically growling with anger. He just chuckles.
"When you duel in the Shadow Realm the stake are always higher, Yugi. You've made a sloppy move and now your friend had paid for it with his soul. Now, which one of your friends will you sacrifice next?" Bakura asked me. I looked at my cards and see the Flame Swordsman. I'd avoid using the cards that have my friends souls trapped in them if I could. But to save my friends, I have to win. And I have only one card in my hand that can beat his White Magic Hat. I pick up the card.
"Joey's favorite card, the Flame Swordsman," I said as I placed the card in attack mode. Joey then appears.
"Hey, what gives? Hey, Yugi..." he sees me and screams. "What the-you're giant! Oh man I've finally cracked," he said to himself.
"Joey, listen to me. Your soul has been sealed into your favorite card. You've become the Flame Swordsman," I told him as calmly as I could. On the inside I was freaking out.
"I'm the who?!" Joey freaked.
"If I can't win this duel, I can't restore you to normal. But if you're defeated in this battle, you'll be carried off to the graveyard just like Tristen was," I said to him.
"Graveyard?!" He freaked again. Honestly, I can't blame him right now.
"In order to win this duel, restore you all back to your bodies, and get us out of the Shadow Realm I'm going to need your help," I said.
"You want my help? You got my help," Joey smiled.
"Are you sure you're alright?" I asked concerned.
"Okay? I figured I lost my mind, but I'm gonna go with it. Now...who wants a beating, huh?" He asked. He turned seeing Bakura and screamed again. "Giant Bakura?! Now I know I'm nuts! I'm like six inches tall, wearing a dress about to fight my giant friend!" Joey freaked again.
"That's not really Bakura. An evil spirit from his Millennium Ring has taken him over," I informed.
"Well, I have no idea what you're talking about, but here goes nothing!" Joey said. He runs over and destroys White Magic Hat. "Say goodbye the cat in the hat!"
(Bakura-1200, Yami-2000)
"Whoa man. I did it, Yugi. Now what?" Joey asked me. He sound pretty proud of himself too.
"Now, it's his turn," I said looking to Bakura. Let's just say, 'Bakura' did not look happy.
"Your little swordsman got lucky last time, Yugi. But not this time," Bakura said picking a card and placing it faced down.
"Huh, why did he place that card face down?" I asked myself confused.
"Because he's afraid of what Joey the Swordsman will do to him," Joey said overconfident.
"Hang on, Joey, it could be a trap," I say to him.
"I'm going in!" He says before running forward.
"Wait!" I shouted. It was too late. He had run forward and destroys the Morphing Jar. Bakura chuckles.
"What a dolt," he said.
"It was a Morphing Jar," I said to Joey.
"Huh? A Morphing Jar? Did I screw up?" He asked a little afraid.
"When a Morphing Jar is attacked all cards in both players' hands go to the graveyard. We're just lucky that I didn't have Nik's or Tea's soul card in my hand right now," I answer him as I looked at my hand of cards.
"I'm sorry, Yug," Joey frowns upset. I put my hand on my deck and draw five more cards. That's when I see the Dark Magician. He's my favorite card, but is also my soul in this card? What happens when I play it? Bakura chuckles.
"With a new hand comes a whole new perspective. The game, ever shifting. New dangers surround every turn," he said as he placed two cards faced down. He's trying to freak me out, but I can't figure out what he's up too. I'm just going to have to risk playing.
"The Dark Magician!" I played the card. That's when Yugi appeared dressed as the Dark Magician. "And I'll play a magic card that lets me revive my monsters from the graveyard. Reborn the Monster!" I said playing the card. There then stood Tristen.
"Huh? What the..." Tristen saw Joey and Yugi. "Joey? Yugi? You guys dreaming this too?" Tristen asked them.
"Nah, this ain't no dream, Tristen. This is just me going insane. It's all one big delusion," Joey told him.
"But just one second ago, I was up there," Yugi looked to where I was. That's true, I felt his presence still in me until now.
"Yeah, if your down here then who's that up there?" Tristen asked looking at me.
"Oh yeah...I don't know" Yugi said quietly.
"Don't you?" I asked.
"Well, I've always felt this presence like someone was guiding me," he answered. I smiled and nodded at him. "Well guys, whatever it is. I'm sure we can trust him," Yugi said to his friends.
"Hey, if the big guy is okay in your book then he's okay by me," Joey told him. Tristen agrees.
"So now what?" Yugi asks.
"Maybe we should try and find Nikki and Tea," Tristen suggests.
"They must still be in the deck," Yugi said.
"Then we should try and win this thing before their cards get played," Joey said.
"Good idea," Yugi agreed.
"I'm gonna bash me some Bakura," Joey held his sword up.
"Wait, Joey! I was just played so I have to move. Dark Magic Attack!" Yugi does his attack then and the attack does to the Morphing Jar. "No! Another Morphing Jar!" Yugi gasps. The jar is destroyed making Bakura chuckle.
"We'll have to send all the cards in our hands to the graveyard again," Bakura said.
"I'm sorry," Yugi apologizes to me as I put the cards in the graveyard pile.
"It's okay man, I did the same thing," Joey told him. I pick the new cards and...Queen of Angels! But, this is Nikki's favorite card. "No, the Queen of Angels!" I looked at the card in horror. I can't play her! She might not make it!
"Hmm...isn't that Nikki's favorite card? Do you suppose that her mortal soul is trapped within it? Hmm. I wonder. Maybe you should play it and find out? But then again, you don't know what I'm laying here, so you might be putting her in danger. A dilemma, and while you decide, I'll just have to activate this trap card," Bakura taunted.
"No!" I shouted.
"Just Desserts. I think you'll find it'll help you come to grips with your present situation," Bakura said.
(Bakura-1200, Yami-500)
"Just Deserts take 500 points from each of your monsters on the field. And you'll feel each and every point has been ripped from your beating heart," Bakura told me. I was gripping my chest in pain.
"Big Yugi, are you okay?" Tristen asked me.
"Yes. But one more attack like that...and it's over!" I told him.
"Whoa, that trap card's just nailed Yugi's life points or should I say our life points!" Tristen said as Joey gulped. Another hit like that and it could be over for all of us. Nikki's card is not safe in my hand. But I can't risk playing her card and losing her.
'Yami, please, you have to play me! If it gives any hope in getting us out of here then you have to play my card! You've seen what Queen of Angels can do, trust me,' I heard Nikki think to me. How that was possible, I didn't know. But she was right. I pick her card with a shaking hand.
"I play Queen of Angels!" I said. That's when Nikki appeared dressed as Queen of Angels. She looked at me and nodded.
"Hey boys, what's happening?" She asked them. Joey looks at her.
"What happening? Well let me see, we're six inches tall, fighting our friend, and at a risk of being defeated. So yeah, I'd say everything's happening," Joey told her. She sighed and crossed her arms irritated.
"I figured. Damn Millennium Ring. I should have known to trust my gut feeling. It hasn't failed me before! Sometimes I hate magic!" She groaned. Even in times like this she has attitude while the guys are pretty scared.
"Then you really only know is because of that Millennium Bracelet, isn't it, Nikki?" Yugi asked. She nodded and glared at Bakura.
"Yeah, and I know he tried to steal it!" She then smirked. "Too bad you couldn't get it, it has such a lovely protective barrier," She taunted.
"How did you know about that?" He glare. She kept her smirk.
"When the Princess of Egypt was given the Bracelet by her brother so she could stay safe. That little barrier was only the start of it. So ha!" She stuck her tongue out. I let a small chuckle escape. I was still worried about her though. "Now, let's end this before Tea gets played," she said. Bakura's next card happens to be Headless Night. He then places more cards face down on the field. I drew more cards and found Tea's card. I sighed. I have no choice here either. I place tea's card face down and she appears.
"Hey! What's up?" Tea smiles.
"Oh boy," Joey said as everyone sweat drops. All four crowd around her.
"Uh, guys," Tea tries to ask.
"Shush!" Nikki told her.
"It's a little early for Halloween, don't you think? Though I must say, Nikki really pulls it off," Tea commented. She looks at herself. "What the-What's this?" She asked seeing her staff.
"Thanks for the compliment. Now shush, woman! Bakura and Yugi are big dueling giants and are fighting for our souls," Nikki informed him.
"Huh? But Yugi's right here," Tea pointed to Yugi. Nikki sighed.
"Yes, but the big guy isn't really Yugi...he's a friend though! Remember that Bracelet I showed you?" Nikki asked. Tea nodded. "Well, that's a Millennium Item like Yugi's Puzzle and Bakura's Ring. This...I hate to say it right now...is all magic," Nikki tells her.
"Magic? So I'm not going crazy," Tea said.
"Not unless we're all going crazy," Nikki retorts.
"Just think of it this way, Tea. There are two Yugi's, the cool one is up there, and the puny one is down here," Joey jokes. Nikki giggles knowing it was a joke as Yugi falls.
"That's not how it works at all!" Yugi said angry.
"Just a joke. Relax," Joey tells him.
"You forget here, I have the powers of the Dark Magician," Yugi tells him before walking forward.
"Uh, Yugi. I wouldn't do that if I were..." Tristen is interrupted.
"I'll show you who's puny around here," Yugi said.
"Yugi, wait!" Me and Nikki shout. We were too late and Yugi used his attack on Electric Lizard destroying it. Joey and Tea cheering but me and Nikki remain worried. Yugi gets shocked and falls to his knees.
"Yugi!" Nikki shouted worried. She runs up to her brother and kneels by him. "Just hang in there, Yugi," she said softly to him. This is what Bakura wanted. I play a card faced down. Bakura then plays Man Eater Bug.
"Man Eater Bug? But...Nikki and I are girls," Tea freaks for an excuse. Joey asks what the card is and Nikki answers.
"The Man Eater Bug can automatically take one creature off the field as soon as it's flipped," she answered.
"Well, that's certainly not good," Tea gasps.
"Guys, I really don't want to go back to that graveyard," Tristen said.
"Don't you worry, Tristen. None of us are going back. We'll destroy that bug before he has a chance to play it," Joey told him.
"That won't work! The moment we make an attack, that card will activate," Nikki tells them.
"Graveyard, here I come," Tristen whimpers.
"What are you saying, Nik? That one of us is going to end up worm food?" Joey asked.
"She's saying that there is only one way out of this. And we're standing on it," Yugi looks at the card I faced down.
"Right, the trap card that Big Yugi put down," Tristen said.
"Yeah, but I'm afraid to use it. The card requires that we sacrifice a creature," Yugi said with fear. I had to admit, I was scared too.
"You mean, one of us?" Tea asked.
"Don't worry, Tea. I'll go," Tristen said.
"No way, Tristen!" Tea disagreed.
"Think about it! That Man Eat Bug's going to take one of us out no matter what we do. At least this way I'm taking it out too," Tristen says. Nikki sighed and hits him in the stomach with her elbow. "I guess you disagree," he collapses.
"You just got back from the graveyard. If anyone's going, it's me!" Nikki says. My eyes widened with Yugi's.
"Nikki, wait!" Me and Yugi shout.
"It's too late!" Tea said. Nikki ignores them and jumped up into the air landing on the bugs back.
"Yugi, use it now!" She shouted at me, "Yugi, sacrifice me! I don't want any of the others getting hurt! Please!" She pleaded. I frown but nod at her.
"I activate my trap and sacrifice Queen of Angels to do so. The Horn of Heaven. Blasting its celestial tune right at your Man Eater Bug, obliterating from the field once and for all!" I said. His monster glows.
"But, Nikki!" Yugi said weakly.
"What's happening to her?!" Tea cries.
"She's disappearing!" Tristen answered.
"Don't worry about me, guys. I'll be alright. Just win this duel!" Nikki told us. She was then gone making the others on the field cry. I looked down helpless and trying to keep the tears away. I couldn't keep my sister safe!
"She's gone....just like that, our best buddy's gone," Joey grits his teeth. Bakura chuckles.
"Don't worry, you'll soon be joining her in the graveyard. You can spend an eternity together," Bakura said. I glare and growled at him. He is going to pay for what happened to Nikki. I'll make sure of it. "I hope you don't harbor any illusions of saving you friend Nikki from the graveyard. You already played Reborn the Monster, the only way to get her back. And soon the Reaper of Cards will claim her soul forever," Bakura told me. Nik....
"Poor, Nikki. She sacrificed herself for us," Tea cried. "She can't be gone," she said. Her tear falls and...her card and boy glow.
"Tea? Wait, she's the Magician of Faith! Tea's tears activate the magic effect of her favorite card," Yugi said. I smiled, there was still hope for Nikki!
"That's right. And the effect of the Magician of Faith allows me to bring back one magic card from the discard pile and add it to my hand. And the card I choose is Reborn the Monster which I play now!" I said playing the card. It's then Nikki comes back laying down letting a scream out.
"Nikki! You're back!" The others said happily. She falls back with relief.
"I thought I was done for...It took you long enough!" She shouted at us. We all chuckled at her. "I thought I was reaper toast. I must warn him next time...I'm not very filling," she said.
"You waste your time and your turns rescuing these foolish mortals," Bakura snaps at me.
"My friends are never a waste of time. Make your move," I said to him. I saw that Nikki smiled at me and I smiled back. Bakura chuckles. He then plays Lady of Faith in attack mode then plays one more card. The Change of Heart card. But that's Bakura's favorite card. Bakura chose Yugi despite my protests. Soon, Bakura, the real Bakura, appears on the field. The real Bakura wants to help us and was willing to sacrifice himself. I got an idea. If Bakura's puzzle can take souls out, then why can't mind put them back in? Bakura was then back to normal. The evil Bakura was now in his monster. Nikki looked at Yugi and smirks.
"Together, brother?" She asked. Yugi smiled at her and nodded.
"Together, sister!" He said he lifts his staff up as Nikki's wings glow. "Dark Magic attack!"
"Angel's Light Wing attack!" And with those attacks, the game was over.
~Nikki~
I woke up to find Yugi standing over me lending a hand out. I grabbed it making him help me up. Okay, I know that wasn't a dream...I was really the Queen of Angels?! Crazy.