Seto vs Joey

~Nikki~
I tried getting some sleep, but I couldn't. I just kept thinking about that duel with Panik. I was very scared even though I didn't show it. Seeing the flames was like seeing my house on fire again when I came home from school. What more will we face? How much more worry will I gain?
"Bakura, am I seeing things or is your Millennium Ring glowing?" I heard Yugi ask from outside.
"If not, then we're both seeing things," Bakura replied.
"Why is it doing that?" Yugi asked.
"I don't know, but it did the same thing when I met you and Nikki," Bakura answered.
"Maybe it's pointing towards the Millennium Eye. It took mine and Nikki's grandpa's soul," Yugi said sadly. It wasn't long until they both decided to go to sleep. I stepped out of the tent and went to the cliff. I then remembered this one song I came up with when I was bored.
"Going fast makes me feel alive. My heart beats in hyper drive. Do you think you can win? Only if lose. Just let destiny choose. I can hear you breathing. I can see you coming. I can feel the wind. It's blowing me around. Take a shot at me runnin' side by side. It's a blur...as I go by. I can hear breathing. I can see you coming. I can feel the wind. It's blowing me around. See the sun arise. Fire in the sky. Greatness thrust itself into our lives," I sang.
"You have a beautiful voice," I heard. I turned and saw Yugi smiling at me. I smiled a little at him.
"Thanks," I said as he sat next to me. He nodded.
"Where did you hear it?" He asked me.
"I...I wrote it," I blushed a little embarrassed. Yugi was shocked.
"You have a lot of talent outside of dueling. First you sing, then you write songs...am I missing anything?" He smiled. I giggled a little.
"Where's the fun in saying everything? Why not keep it a surprise?" I asked. He nodded.
"Why were you out here singing?" He asked me.
"Singing helps me calm down, helps me forget my troubles," I sighed. He frowned.
"You're worried about Grandpa more, aren't you?" He asked. I nodded.
"After seeing what they could do that ghost...what if they trying something like with Grandpa...or even my parents?" I asked. Yugi pulled me to him
"If that happens, then we'll be right here with you," he told me softly. I nodded. We looked over and saw the lights.
"What do you think that is?" I asked.
"I don't know," he said pulling me close to him in case of anything. It's then we saw a helicopter. It was loud and the other's woke up.
"Hey! Some of us are trying to get some shut eye here, you insensitive jerk!" Joey yelled. Tea runs out.
"What is that?" She asked. We all stand by as the helicopter lands. The power cuts out and the door opens.
"It's Kaiba," Tea said.
"What's he doing here?" Joey asked.
"I don't know, but it looks like he means business," Tristen said. I smiled happy that he was okay.
"I haven't seen you two since the duel," Seto said as me and Yugi ran up.
"Oh, I think you might need this," I grabbed his deck and held it to him. "I've been keeping this safe for you," I handed it to him.
"Thanks," he said with a small smile as he took the deck. I smiled back, a little shocked that he actually smiled at me.
"No problem. Thanks for helping me win that duel...thought it all ended up being for nothing," I looked down. I felt Seto's hand lift my chin back up gently.
"It wasn't all for nothing. You stayed safe," he told me.
"Hey, Kaiba, why don't you stick with us since we're all heading up to Pegasus' castle anyway? Of course, you'll need some star chips," Yugi smiled. I looked at Seto to see what he thought of the idea...I don't think he liked it.
"Don't be so naïve. This is just a game for me, Yugi. I'm going after Pegasus to save my brother. Not so I can win some silly prize. Have fun with your tournament," Seto told him. He then starts to walk off and I frowned. I'm honestly falling for that? Joey then runs up and grabs Seto by the collar.
"Hey! I understand in you wanting to get your little brother back, but don't go thinking you're the only one here with a noble cause capiche? We've all got something worth fighting for, so if you want a piece of Pegasus get in line or deal with me. That's right, hotshot, I ain't scared of ya," Joey told him. I looked between the two feeling nervous.
"Nice grip, let me show you mine," Seto told him. He grasps Joey's wrist hard and throws Joey over to the others. I backed Seto up then.
"Seto! Stop it! That's enough!" I told him. Bakura and Yugi run over to Joey and I ran over too.
"That was uncalled for!" Bakura told Seto. "Check his pulse," Bakura said to Yugi.
"Relax, I'm fine," Joey said getting on his knees. I looked at him worried.
"Are you sure you're okay, Joey?" I asked him. He gave me a small smile.
"Yeah, I'm okay, Nik," he told me. I sighed of relief.
"Do you really think I'm going to let you and this little tournament you're in delay me from finding Pegasus?" Seta asked annoyed.
"Forget Pegasus, now you got me to deal with so bust out ya cards and let's get it on," Joey said.
"I can't tell if Joey's being really brave or nuts," I heard Tea say.
"Forget it. Why don't you go look for an opponent you can actually beat, like an infant...or a monkey," Seto told him.
"Seto..." I frowned.
"What you say?!" Joey asked angrily.
"That monkey thing gets him every time," Tristen mused.
"I don't have time for your nonsense, loser," Seto said. I was shocked that Seto was acting like this.
"Seto..." I breathed disbelievingly. Joey grabbed my hand as Yugi placed his on my shoulder with Bakura.
"Go ahead and run. Everyone knows you're nothing but a washed-up has-been," Joey told him.
"Joey..." I tried to warn him.
"Joey, be careful what you say. Kaiba may be a creep, but he's still considered pretty much the top duelist in all the world," Yugi warned him.
"Not anymore," Joey said looking at Seto. Seto stopped and looked at Joey. "That's right, tough guy, I bet ever since Yugi mopped the floor with ya, you can' even lay a trap card without flinching!" Joey told him.
"Okay, Joey, let it go," Tristen tried to calm Joey down.
"This is really the wrong guy to pick a fight with," Tea said. Joey ignored them.
"What do ya say, moneybags? Care to prove me wrong?" Joey asked. Seto looked at Joey.
"I'll duel, but on one condition. We play using my newest innovation of holographic duel technologies," Seto said.
"What do you mean by that?" Yugi asked curious.
"It means that if Joey's really that eager to duel me then he's going to have to go it using me latest holographic system," Seto said holding his briefcase up. "It's a new high-tech dueling device that gives duelists the realism of arena matches in any setting," Seto told us.
"Looks just like a regular old briefcase to me," Joey said. I face palm.
"He means inside th briefcase, Joey," I clarified. Seto nods and opens the briefcase up showing...the dueling disks.
"Its technology is unpredictable," Seto said as Joey looked it over after Seto threw one to him.
"It looks like a fly saucer," Joey said.
"Don't be an idiot. This is the most state of the art display modulator ever built, so if you think you have what it takes to handle it, just strap it on," Seto said impatiently. I help Joey put on the dueling disk as Seto puts his on. I then walk over and grabbed Seto's briefcase so it didn't get in the way.
"Okay, now what happens?" Joey asked.
"First inset your dueling deck into the display drive recognizer. A life point count will light up and keep score for you the entire match," Seto said as he demonstrated. Joey follows. "Then choose a card to play and set it on the digital card reader. I think the rest will explain itself," Set said as he placed a card on the card reader. "All set? Then let's duel," Seto told Joey.
"You got it!" Joey said confident.
(Seto-2000, Joey-2000)
"Now brace yourself for my Battle Ox!" Seto said as he threw the disk recognizer like a Frisbee. It stops and spins then while light was in the middle.
"Whoa! Check out all those lights! It's like raining glitter!" Tristen sounded amazed.
"Yeah, it's like something from an enchanted dream," Tea said. She then sees the Battle Ox and shrieks. "Or nightmare!" She corrects herself.
"No way! That's a hologram?" Yugi asked.
"It's a hologram of unprecedented realism. It breaths, it snarls, the new Dueling Disk technology even simulates its odor," Seto stated.
"You're telling me, that thing really stinks. Good thing he won't be around for much longer," Joey said. He placed a card on his disk. "Alrighty, here goes nothing!" He threw the disk. "Go, Armored Lizard!" The lizard then appears.
"Go, Battle Ox. Axe Slam attack!" Seto orders. The Battle Ox swings his attack at the Armored Lizard's neck
"Yes! He withstood your attack!" Joey cheered.
"Oh did he? Look again," Seto smirked. Armored Lizard was then destroyed.
"Okay, that's real enough for me," Joey breaks a sweat.
(Seto-2000, Joey-1800)
"I can't believe it. That ugly overgrown ox...he cut my lizard in half," Joey stammered.
"This new technology isn't for the faint of heart, Joey. It's intended to force duelists to think of their feet. If it's too much for you maybe you should give up now," Seto told him.
"Fat chance! Don't you worry, Kaiba, I'm a quick learner. Watch, set the card, spin the disk, and bingo! The Flames Swordsman ready to slaughter that sirloin of yours. Attack! Flaming Sword of Battle!" Joey ordered.
"But, Joey! The Battle Ox is resistant to all fire type creatures!" I shouted at him.
"Now she tells me," he gulps. Flame Swordsman was defeated.
(Seto-2000, Joey-1600)
"Why am I not surprised that you would make such an amateur mistake? Maybe from now on you ought to let Yugi and Nikki pick all your moves for you. Or better yet, why don't I teach you some of the advanced moves of the game the hard way?" Seto asked. He placed two cards on his disk then throws it. "Mystic Horseman and Battle Ox, merge into Rabid Horseman," Seto ordered. Battle Ox disappeared and Rabid Horseman appeared on the field.
"You think I'm afraid of that deformed pony? I'll show you something that you should be of!" Joey said being cocky now. "Swamp Battle Guard, attack!" He ordered. Swamp Battle Guard is then destroyed.
(Seto-2000, Joey-1400)
Joey soon sends his Axe Raider, Battle Steer, Garoozis, Smashing Rock, and Rude Kaiser. All of them met the same fate as his first three monsters.
(Seto-2000, Joey-500)
Come on, Joey. You're not thinking right. I have faith that you can beat my brother and show him what you're made of. You just need to think! Joey fell to his knees with pure exhaustion.
"That's right, Joey, fall to the dirt like a whimpering dog," Seto told him. I glare at Seto. Why does he have to be like this?!
"Come on, Joey. You're the best at finding ways to come back from behind!" Tea said. Bakura agreed with her.
"Now get up, no way Kaiba gets away with calling you a canine," Tristen told him. Joey gets up then.
"You're right, Tristen. No one calls me a whimpering dog and once he sees what I'm got in-store for him, he's gonna be the one in the dirt. Check this out, Red Eyes Black Dragon!" Joey said as the dragon appeared. I smiled.
"That's it, Joey! Now you're thinking straight!" I cheered.
"Joey's best card!" Tea exclaims.
"Kaiba's in big trouble now!" Tristen smiles.
"Inferno Fire Blast!" Joey orders. Red Eyes attacks Rabid Horseman destroying Seto's monster.
(Seto-1600. Joey-500)
"Take that!" Joey gloats.
"It's just a like a novice to rejoice when there's no reason to celebrate. True the round maybe yours, but the duel is about to become mind," Seto smirked.
"Say what?!" Joey freaks.
"Your Red Eyes is a powerful dragon, but its ferocity pales in comparison to my beast," Set told him holding his card up. Yugi and I gasped. Joey's in trouble! "The legendary Blue Eyes White Dragon!" Seto summons his dragon. "Blue Eyes White Dragon, White Lightning attack now!" Seto orders. Blue lightning shot from the Blue Eye's mouth and at the Red Eyes...it's over and Joey's life points are gone. Joey falls to his knees again. I run over to him.
"No, I lost," he said.
"That's right, Joey, stay down. Stay down like the sniveling defeated dog I've turned you into," Seto told him. Yugi, me, and the others rush over.
"Are you alright, Joey?!" Yugi asked.
"It's okay, kiddo," Tea tried to reassure Joey.
"I'd say my Duel Disk program has proven quite effective, not only did its stunning realism jar Joey into submission, but now he's moping like a dog with his tail between his legs. Which is exactly the way I intend to leave Pegasus," Seto said in a cold voice. I glare at him.
"Shut up, Seto!" I shouted shocking everyone, even him. "This is Joey we're talking about, not Pegasus! Did you really have to take Joey's confidence away with his dragon? He was just starting to believe in himself as a duelist! Beating my friends doesn't give you the right to humiliate them!" I glared.
"Quiet, Nikki. Don't give that creep the satisfaction," Joey told me annoyed. But...was it towards me or Seto?
"Look kid, do you honestly believe that if you were dueling Pegasus, he wouldn't been any less merciful with you then I was? I understand that the 'Heart of the Cards' is a powerful philosophy and that it all works well for you. But I need to duel my own way now. I can't risk trying something new and maybe Joey shouldn't either. Unless he likes life as a dog scrounging on the scraps of past victories and begging for mercy from the true duelists," Seto said to us. I frowned and turned away from him. I then hear his footsteps fading a little.
"Wait, Kaiba, that's just not true and you know it," Yugi told him.
"Oh yeah? Well that's the attitude you have to take if you want to stand a chance against Maximillion Pegasus. You don't understand, Yugi. This is the man who created Duel Monsters. He has every card that's ever been made at his disposal, he's master every strategy that's ever been played! Pegasus always makes sure he has every possible advantage working in his favor. If I'm ever to stand any chance against him at all, I'll have to play by my own ruthless rules. Not his," I heard Seto say. "Open your eyes. Even with your prodigious talents, Yugi, you'll be defeated like all the others. Because when Pegasus duels, he uses much more than mere skill. I've seen him used us a magic that's stronger than any card," Seto said.
"Pegasus will find a way around that. I was there when Yugi dueled him, somehow Pegasus was able to read all of Yugi's cards before Yugi played them," I stated.
"Perhaps, but that system could by my only way to beat Pegasus, so I had to test it. This is war for me, Nikki! Your friend was a casualty," Seto told me before he started walking away. Yugi steps up.
"Kaiba, we may not agree with each other's methods, but at least we both understand that Pegasus must be stopped," Yugi told him making him stop. "I hope you succeed in reassuring your brother," he finished.
"And I hope you succeed in your ventures. Let's just hope our paths don't cross again until this is all over," Seto said before walking off. I looked at my friends and told them to give me a minute. I ran after Seto for a little bit. He soon stopped to rest for the night. "Shouldn't you be resting with the others, Nikki?" He asked me. I stepped out.
"And you knew it was me how?" I asked. He chuckled a little.
"You're the only one who would go after someone if you have something to say," he stated. Okay, how he knew that, I don't know...but it's very true.
"You got me," I said sitting down next to him. I then laid down and looked up at the stars.
"So, what is it you want to tell me?" Seto asked. I grabbed the pendant piece around my neck.
"Why did you give this to me? And don't lie, Mokuba saw drawings of it in your office," I stated. I looked at him to see him looking away from me. I also saw a little bit of blush.
"I wanted to make you feel better. After all, I know how it feels to lose your parents," he told me. I frowned.
"I'm never got to say that I was sorry to hear that. I'm sorry for your loss...and for the way I acted when we last saw each other," I told him.
"Thanks. And I get why you were upset. I knew the last thing you wanted to see was me, but I had to see you before I left," he said to me. I smiled a little.
"Thank you. I honestly love the necklace, it's beautiful," I told him. I saw a small smile creep to his lips. "Oh, and this is the thank you for helping with that duel," I told him. I then kissed his cheek making him blush.
"D-don't mention it," he told me. I giggled. I got the great Seto Kaiba to blush and stutter, where's my camera when I need it? I then turned on my side and faced him, he did the same.
"Still...it was very sweet of you," I said brushing my hand on his cheek. His eyes closed as my fingers brushed his skin making him let out a content sigh. His hand came up to my cheek, he started rubbing his thumb against my cheek bone. I couldn't stop looking at his cobalt eyes, they were beautiful. We started leaning in, our lips about to meet.
"Well, lookie here. Kaiba has a girlfriend," I heard man say. We looked over, Pegasus' lackeys. Seto and I stood up, Seto gently pushed me behind him, but I was ready to fight. "Miss Fudo, Pegasus requests your presence," the lackey told me.
"I bet he would, but I'm happy to say I have to decline," I told him.
"And I'm happy to say we have to insist," the lackey retorted.
"I won't let you touch her. To get to her, you'll have to go through me," Seto glared.
"Fine with me, Kaiba," the Lackey told him. The man threw a punch, but Seto dodged it and swept the man's feet making him fall. Two others came up to him and one punched Seto knocking him down. I was then grabbed before I could do anything.
"Seto!" I called. I was now be dragged away while struggling. "SETO!" I cried. I was soon down in a dungeon and thrown into a cell. My glove and stars were taken.
"Nikki?" I heard. I looked over...Mokuba. He saw me and looked like he was about to cry. I ran over and held him to me. I was so happy he was alright.
"Shh...I'm here," I said soothingly as he clutched onto me. I ran my fingers through his hair as I gently rocked him. "You know...I ran into Seto," I said to him.
"Really?" He asked looking at me with his teary violet eyes. I nodded as I wiped the tears away with my thumbs. I then saw him grabbing something around his neck.
"What's that, sweetie?" I asked him.
"It's my duel locket. It has a picture of Seto in it. He also has one with a picture of me," he said showing me the picture. Seto looked to be about Mokuba's age in the picture. Mokuba closed it and snugged to me.
"Let's try and get some sleep," I told him. He nodded before falling asleep with his head over my heart. I laid down gently and let sleep take me over. Seto...hurry and save us.

**Please note! The more votes I receive on both Yugioh stories, the more likely I will to update them! So if you want more, be sure to be voting!**