Yugi vs Pegasus Part 1

~Yugi~
This is it. It's just me and my deck my grandpa game me against Pegasus. Pegasus may have captured my grandpa's soul, but his heart is here in these cards.
"Trust me, gramps, I won't let you down," I said looking at my cards. You taught me everything I know about Duel Monsters. About the rules, strategies, and things you can't learn in any book.
If you only remember one thing, Yugi, remember this; you must never lose faith in yourself, if you don't believe you can win then you will suffer defeat. Not only in Duel Monsters, but in life. Believe me that advice is more valuable than any card you'll ever know. I should know, I've collected the best cards in the game. That's what grandpa told me. And you gave them all to me. I'll use them to win, gramps, I'll rescue you from Pegasus. I put my deck away and enter the arena where I see my friends.
"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.
"We all wanted to wish you well and good luck," Tristen told me.
"You're the best," I smiled at them.
"You finally made it, you're going all the way, buddy!" Joey said.
"I know you'll do great, brother," Nikki smiled at me.
"Once it's over, we'll get your grandpa home," Tea told us. I smile and nod.
"Thanks, Tea. That means a lot," I told them.
"The time has come. Would Yugi Moto, the challenger, please enter the duel ring? Mr. Pegasus awaits you," Croquet announced.
"Go get 'em, Yug!" Joey told me. I then let Yami take over.
~Yami~
Let's end this, Pegasus. I'm going to defeat you and save grandpa, Nikki, and her brothers. That's a promise. I got onto the platform and was ready.
"Yugi looks so determined," I hear Tea said.
"Take him down, Yugi!" Tristen told me.
"We know you can!" Nikki called.
"Put that slime bucket in his place once and for all!" Joey said.
"The challenger has entered the stadium. And now, for your dueling pleasure, Castle Pegasus is proud to present, the creator of Duel Monsters and its wondrous cards..." Croquet starts to announce. And the thief of my grandfather's soul I want to add. "The undefeated, undisputed ruler of Duelist Kingdome, Maximillion Pegasus," he finished. He won't be undefeated for long. Pegasus entered the room with two of his goons who were carrying silk covered trays. At last, I can finally face Pegasus! It will take all the wisdom my grandpa game and all the power in my cards, but I will defeat him! "And now, let the duel begin," Croquet said. Pegasus gestured for one of his goons to bring him his cards as he stepped onto the platform.
"So, Yugi-Boy, you've turned out to be quite the young duelist. Battling your way past all the other challengers, winning your way into the castle just to face me," Pegasus said to me. I glared at him.
"Pegasus, before we begin this duel, I want you to agree to keep your promise that if I defeat you, you'll release my grandfather's soul to me!" I demanded.
"But of course, I'm a man of my word," Pegasus agreed.
"And that's not all. You must also release the souls of Seto and Mokuba Kaiba," I told him.
"What a strange demand. I thought you hated Kaiba as much as you hate me, Yugi," Pegasus said.
"Maybe I need to keep a vow of my own, Pegasus," I said remembering Mokuba to trust me. That together, we would face Pegasus. I made that promise, a vow that we would reunite him with his brother.
"Ah, I see. A vow to Mokuba," Pegasus said shocked me. Did he just read my mind? "Okay, Yugi-Boy, if it'll put your mind at ease, I agree to your terms," Pegasus said. I just kept my glare. He better release everyone or I'll find those cards myself.
~Tristen~
"I think Pegasus is up to something," I said.
"Pegasus has planned to duel Yugi from the beginning," Joey agreed.
"I just hope that Yugi can handle him. Throughout this entire tournament, Pegasus has stacked the deck in his favor every step of the way," Bakura told us.
"You'll kick Pegasus' keister all right! He won't even know what hit him!" Joey said.
"That's right! We just have to keep faith in him," Tea agreed. I looked over a little unsure, Bakura did too.
"I don't know..." Bakura trailed off.
"You can't have such a negative attitude! Yugi's counting on us!" Joey told him.
"Don't forget, Pegasus has never played fair. He started out by kidnapping Yugi's grandpa. He then took Mokuba so he could get a Kaiba. And now, going into this final match, we don't know what sort of tricks Pegasus will pull so he can win," Bakura said.
"Whatever tricks he tries, Yugi will overcome them. He hasn't come all this way just to lose in the final match. Now when there's so much at stake," Tea reminded.
"Just look at him. There's no way that overdressed prima donna stands a chance against Yugi!" Joey said looking at Pegasus.
"Maybe..." I said still unsure.
"Trust me, Tristen. Yugi's no Kaiba, he'll beat Pegasus," Joey told me.
"They're about to draw their first cards. We should head to the upper gallery to get a better view," Nikki said.
"Good idea, Tea," Joey agreed. They both took off.
"As long as Pegasus holds his prisoners, they're still at his mercy, no matter what outcomes of this duel is," Bakura said. I then get an idea and I take off the other way. "Where are you going?" Bakura asked me. I stopped and looked at him with a smile.
"I'm going to try and find Mokuba or his brother. If I can get them back, even without souls, Pegasus won't hold all the cards," I told him. I then took off running again.
~Yami~
"Challenger, Yugi Moto, as for the rules of the Duelist Kingdom Tournament, present the card that entitles you to participate," Croquet told me.
"As for your rules, here it is," I held the card up. "Glory of the Kings Opposite hand," I said.
"So it is. And so the stage is set for final and deciding duel in Duelist Kingdome competition. Just as the card you hold is a blank slate, there are no limits to the prize you may request of your opponent if you're named victor. If you wish to decide to take over his company as your reward for winning," Croquet said shocking me. "You can ask for this entire island or demand Pegasus' Millennium Eye as your prize," he told me.
"Hm, any request will be honored. Now that's what I call a prize. Do I know how to throw a tournament or do I know how to throw a Duelist Kingdom Tournament," Pegasus boasted.
"Promise me you will free my grandfather's soul as well as all the others," I demanded.
"Yes. But if I'm the one who defeats you instead, you have to fulfil your end of the bargain as well. Take a close look at the card you hold in your hand, Yugi-Boy. There's a reason it's blank, you know. For it I win, I claim your soul forever. So you see, you have much to gain, but much to risk as well," Pegasus told me.
"It's a risk I'm willing to take to free the soul of my grandfather and the others, but I don't plan to lose," I stated.
"We shall see," he said.
"We shall indeed, Pegasus," I agreed.
"So courageous, so defiant," Pegasus mused. I smirked at him.
"I hate to break it to you, Pegasus, but I have no intention of becoming a part of your soul card collection," I told him.
"The final duelist contest will now begin. The winner will be declared King of Games. Now both of you cut and shuffle your cards," Croquet said as two men appeared. One came over to me and I placed my deck down. They then gave us each-others decks and we shuffled them, at least I did, Pegasus said mine was fine as is. We then gave them back. "Now the cards will be returned and the scores reset and..."
(Pegasus-2000, Yugi-2000)
"Duel!" Pegasus and I said. We drew our cards then. I looked at him. I won't lose, I can't lose! I drew my card.
"This is it, now we begin. I lay one card face down and place the monster card in defense mode," I played my cards.
"Oh, sneaky play. What wouldn't be a Beaver Warrior would it?" He asked me. Is his Millennium Eye really allowing him to read my cards? "Oh this is so much fun. I lay one card face down as well and throw this, my own monster card. I play Red Archery Girl in defense mode," Pegasus played. His monster appeared. "Back to you, Yugi-Boy," he said. Red Archery Girl? Why did he play such a weak monster in defense mode? Is he trying to draw me into an attack? Pegasus seems so confident, but that's always been his style. Never to reveal his true motive. Hid down card worries me, but I can't pass up this chance to gain an early point advantage. I have to take a chance and strike!
"I switch the Beaver Warrior I had hidden to attack mode! And I activate my hidden card, Horn of the Unicorn as well!" I said. "His electricity powers up his sword raising Beaver Warrior's attack power by 700. Now, attack Red Archery Girl!" I ordered.
"You've made a grave mistake, Yugi. You've activated my trap card," Pegasus told me. I should have known! "Tears of a Mermaid!" He said. Bubble tears then attacked Beaver Warrior and trapped him.
"What's happening?!" I asked.
"Unfortunately for you, Tears of a Mermaid activates the moment an opponent's hidden card is put into play. It blocks all possible attacks of the opponent's monster. The Beaver Warrior's electric attack backfires against the Beaver itself and its attack power drops to its original value," Pegasus informed. I growled angered. "Now that it's weaker, I'll switch my Red Archery Girl to attack mode. Archery Girl, turn that Beaver into road kill!" Pegasus ordered. My Beaver Warrior was destroyed.
(Pegasus-2000, Yugi-1800)
"Your Beaver Warrior's eliminated," Pegasus told me. Pegasus must be reading my mind! It's the only way he could have been so prepared to counter my cards. How can I win against an opponent who knows my cards and sense my strategies as soon as I think them up? "How indeed. I think a way I know is that you're just beginning to comprehend my power. Do you now realize the magnitude of the jeopardy you put yourself in by accepting this duel? How can you defeat not only the creator of Duel Monsters, but a duelist who can read your every thought? I can see everything in your mind. Your hopes, your dreams, even your fears. And what you fear most right now is me and with good reason, you know my mind reading ability's given me an unbeatable advantage," Pegasus told me.
"No matter what the odds, I'll never surrender to you, Pegasus! I play one monster in defense mode and end my turn. Now, do your worst," I told him.
"I always do," Pegasus chuckled.
"Yugi, you can do it!" Tea cheered.
"Nobody's won this yet, buddy!" Joey told me.
"Could it be? My turn," Pegasus drew his card. "It's the moment you've all been waiting for. First, Reran in defense mode. Not egg-xactly what you were expecting, is it? And I switch the Archery Girl to defense mode too. Your move, Yugi," he told me.
"I'll scramble your egg. If that's the best you've got, I'll still defeat you," I said with confidence. I drew my next card.
"Could that card you just drew be Summoned Skull?" Pegasus asked me.
"Curse you, Pegasus!" I growled.
"I think the Summoned Skull will go quite nicely with the Celtic Guardian, Spellbinding Circle, Magical Hats, and Hornen," he told me.
"Don't let him psyche you out, buddy!" Joey told me.
"You can do this, Yugi! I know you can!" Nikki called over.
"That's right! You can still beat him!" Tea said. How? He knows all my cards the instant I draw them. With that Millennium Eye of his he is unstoppable.
"It's my turn and first I'm laying this card face down, and next I'll throw the Summoned Skull in Defensive mode. And I'll leave it at that," I said.
"Goodie, now it's my turn once again," Pegasus told me. "I'm switching Reran to attack mode. Reran, Firestream attack!" Pegasus ordered.
"With your attack, you activated my trap card, the Spellbinding Circle. My Circle has stopped your attack and that's not all. It also ensnares Reran into a binding spell of magic," I told him.
"Oh no," he said with fake dramatics.
"And reduces his power by 700 points," I added. "And now, Pegasus. With my Skull poised for attack and the magic of my Spellbinding Circle trapping full effect, Reran will be struck down! Go, Lightning Strike attack!" I ordered.
"Not so fast, Yugi. I play this," Pegasus showed me his card.
"What is that?" I asked.
"A trap. Well, a trap for traps actually. It's called Trap Displacement, with it I can take the Spellbinding Circle from one of my monsters and switch it to one of yours! Observe," he said to me. It then happened. My Summoned Skull was weakened and Reran was fine.
"No! Now Reran's back to normal and my Summoned Skull is 700 points weaker," I glared.
"Why, it's almost as if I knew exactly what you were thinking, isn't it?" Pegasus chuckled. He then ordered his Reran to attack my Summoned Skull destroying him.
(Pegasus-2000, Yugi-1400)
Pegasus knows every single strategy I think up and I can't hide anything from his eye!
"My turn, Yugi-Boy," Pegasus said. And I'm sure it's another perfectly prepared move. If I'm going to win, I have to find away to keep his Millennium Eye from reading my thoughts. "Fat chance. Nothing you can do can stop it. Face it, Yugi, you're at the mercy of my Millennium Eye. Don't you see? I already know every card you keep in your deck and have every card in my deck to stop them. I can see every strategy your feeble mind has contocted and have already designed my own counter attacks to render them completely useless, but even without my Millennium magic you're no match for me. After all, who needs magic with this card? Perhaps you'll remember it. That's right, Yugi, it's the magical Toon World," Pegasus told me as I glared at him. He played his card then.
"I thought as much," I said. His two monsters went in.
"As you recall, Toon World protects my monsters beneath it's impenatrable hard back bindings. Binding that will only façade when their about to attack you. Oh and seeing how all my monsters have been transformed to their super power tuned form, there will be an attack that will certainly leave you in stitches," Pegasus laughed. I was gritting my teeth. "What's the matter, Yugi-Boy? Don't you have a sense of humor? Manga Reran, attack the monster Yugi has in defense mode. Now, Nasty Nostril Flame attack!" Pegasus ordered. My monster was destroyed. Looks like your Giant Soldier of Stone couldn't stand the heat." The dragon laughed at me.
'That Toon World card is one of a kind and thought to be too powerful for distrubution,' Yugi told me.
'Right, he is still a cheat and throwing our monsters in defense mode isn't going to work,' I thought back.
'So what are we going to do?' Yugi asked me.
'We need to go on the offensive and see if we can find some kind of weakness in Toon World,' I replied. I then played Celtic Guardian in attack mode. I was hoping this battle would be a draw as I ordered my Guardian to attack, but Red Archery Girl's clam caught the attack. I was shocked as were Joey, Tea, and Nikki. Pegasus then chuckled and ordered Red Archery Girl to attack my Guardian. Maybe a stronger card will work, but then Pegasus shot my idea down. He is giving me more to worry about now the just his Toon monsters. Pegasus played his card and played two face down which is what made me worry. Instead of attacking, I placed a monster in defense mode which Pegasus wanted. He activated a trap, Gorgan's Eye. My Feral Imp had been turned to stone by the gaze of the Gorgan's Eye. Pegasus told me that everytime that Eye fossilized one of my monsters, half of the monster's defense points come out of my light points. Pegasus only laughed as I growled. Pegasus used his other face down card which was Doppleganner hoping to lighten the mood. I remember Pegasus using this when he dueled Kaiba. Pegasus chuckled as the Doppleganger whispered to him.
"Well, Yugi-Boy, it seems like my furry little friend wants that Summoned Skull I destroyed a few turns back," Pegasus told me.
"My Skull! But he's in my graveyard," I stated.
"yes, but your graveyard is on the field. Go, my furry friend," Pegasus ordered. Doppleganger when into the book and transformed into a Toon version of my Summoned Skull.
"What have you done to him?" I growled.
"Nothing compared to what he's going to do to you," Pegasus retorted.
"You're twisted, Pegasus," I glared. "Taking such delight in creating such monstrosity,"
"Don't say that, you'll hurt its feelings. You may not know it, but under that gruff exterior is a sensitive toon," Pegasus said faking hurt. I was becoming more annoyed with his antics. My horn Imp was destroyed then.
(Pegasus-2000, Yugi-900)
"Yugi, don't give up! You can do this, brother!" Nikki told me. I have to do this for her and for Grandpa. I won't give up. I then drew my Dark Magician, but Pegasus knew it already. This is hopeless and Pegasus agreed. I can't give up. I have to save Grandpa and I need to keep my friends safe. I played Dark Magician and added Magical Hats. Pegasus said I was trying to stall him. If he finds my Dark Magician then it's all over.