Legendary Heroes Part Two

~Nikki~
"Allow me," Joey said. He opened the door and we gasped as we walked in. "It's a labyrinth dungeon! It's like when we dueled them we're Paradox brother, huh, Yugi?" Joey asked. Still confused on that. We jumped when the door closed behind us. Joey tried to open them. "It's no use, it's locked tight," he said.
"I'm totally freaked!" Mai said.
"You're not the only one. Remind me to yell at Seto when we get out," I told Mokuba who nodded holding my hand.
"It's alright. Remember, this is just the game and we'd never reached the end without going backwards anyway. Which means, we gotta go through that maze to find Kaiba," Yugi said. It's then we heard girl's scream.
"Someone's in trouble!" I exclaimed.
"I'm on it!" Joey said. He pushed passed us and ran.
"Watch where you're going, Joey! That doofus would do anything to meet a girl," Mai said annoyed. "I guess he realizes I'm way out of his league," she mumbled. I smiled knowingly.
"Sure, Mai,"I said. A labyrinth tank crashed through the walls behind us. "A labyrinth tank! Run!" I shouted. We all started running.
"It's gaining on us!" Mokuba told us.
"Joey, watch out!" Mai cried. Joey was standing at the junction a head of us wondering which way to go.
"Joey! Gotta go now!" Yugi and I shouted at him. He turned, saw the tank, screamed, and ran...right into the path of another tank. We turned and there was another.
"There's thanks coming from every direction! We're boxed in!" Yugi said.
"Okay, anybody here got a plan?" Joey asked.
"Getting passed those tanks is my best guess," I answered.
"You got a plan B there, Nikki? Otherwise we're gonna have more holes in us than Swiss cheese," Joey said.
"I'll use my Magical Hats!" Yugi said. A hat appeared on us and blocked the hit. We then disappeared.
"Man, I love that trick. You got us out of here just in time. Now let's move this party," Joey said. We all walked...hat still on us. "Forward ho!" Joey ordered. We moved forward and bumped a wall. "Reverse ho!" He ordered again.
"Joey if you don't shut up, I'll give you a heave ho!" I growled.
"Ouch, Joey, that was my foot!" Mai said.
"Oh, sorry," he apologized.
"We're in the clear, that was some quick thinking there, Yug," Joey said as the hats vanished. I then heard tanks.
"Um...Guys? Those tanks are COMING RIGHT AFTER US!" I shouted.
"Which way do we go?" Mokuba asked. A fairy appeared.
"Look, it's another one of those fairies, like the one we saw earlier. Maybe she can help us out," Yugi said.
"Yeah, it looks like she wants us to follow her," Joey said.
"Let's do it," Mai agreed.
"You think she can lead us to my brother?" Mokuba asked me. I grabbed his hand.
"We'll find out," I told him.
"Eru! You're back!" We heard a girl say.
"Huh, who's that?" Joey asked. We saw a girl that looked like Mokuba. "Check it out, Mokuba, likes like that fairy turned you into a girl," Joey teased.
"Great, can she make you smarter?" Mokuba retorted. I laughed.
"Is this Get Joey Day?!" Joey asked. I giggled.
"No, no, of course not...that's next week," I joked making my friends snicker. I looked at the girl. "We heard a scream, was it you?" I asked her.
"I lost Eru, my guide," she answered me.
"Well, we're all here now. So can you get us out of this rat trap?" Joey asked. The girl shook her head.
"I'm lost too, but Eru will find away out for us," she said. We all cheered and ran with her.
"I see the end of the maze!" Mokuba said happily.
"Alright, we're home free!" Joey cheered. We made it out and saw Gate Guardian. "Did I say home free? I meant big trouble!" Joey corrected.
"I can't think of anything that'll beat a monster that strong," Mai said.
"It'll crush us in one attack!" Joey freaked.
"Those Kaiba Corp crooks must've put Gate Guardian in the game to stop us!" Mokuba said.
"How do we beat it?" Mai asked.
"We can overcome anything by working together," Yugi said.
"Right on, Yug. We can team up," Joey said.
"Let's go," Yugi agreed. He summoned Summoned Skull while Joey summoned his Red Eyes Black Dragon. Yugi then pulled out a Polymerization card making the Black Skull Dragon.
"Nice try, guys, but we still need more attack power. I hate this, everthing's rigged against us," Mai said. I then remembered.
"Joey, your Dragon Nails!" I told him. He nodded and used it. Gate Guardian was destroyed them.
"That's amazing! You're all so brace, just like the Heroes of Legend," the girl told us.
"Nah, it was nothing," Joey smiled.
"Heroes of Legend?" Yugi asked.
"Lady Edina, is that you?" We heard someone ask. We turned and saw red lights. There was an old woman and ten men.
"Princess, are you alright? We've been worried sick about you," the woman asked.
"They saved me. They're the bravest warriors I've ever seen," Edina told the woman. We all just smiled. "As thanks, I'd like to invite you all as guests to the palace," she told us. We all nodded.
"Well, I still don't know what to make of this crazy game world, but I like this part a lot better than the maze," Joey said.
"I like Edina. At least she know how to travel in style," Mai said. I nodded agreeing with her.
"Yeah, you should be flattered that Kaiba based such a cool character on you, Mokuba," Yugi said.
"On me?" Mokuba asked. Joey laughed.
"Yeah, on you, my lady," he teased. I smirked.
"At least he didn't make a character off you and called him 'Dueling Monkey'," I retorted. He stopped laughing as the other began laughing. We soon made it to the castle.
"Excellent, hope they've got food in this game," Joey said.
"I just hope they can help us," I said.
"Yeah, we need to find Seto," Mokuba agreed. We finally made it to the palace and went in. Joey liked it. We were all shocked when they heard Edina call herself Princess. We were given food...Joey pigged out obviously.
"Careful, everyone, keep your hands and feet away from Joey's mouth," Mai joked. Joey choked then. But he swallowed and was fine. "Are you okay?" Mai asked a little worried.
"Happens all the time," Joey said before he started eating again.
"Word of advise; actually eat it, don't inhale it," I said making the others laugh.
"Princess Edina, do you have any news of my brother Seto?" Mokuba asked. The princess frowned.
"Well, I didn't want to say anything before, but people often disappear at the offerings," Edina answered.
"Offerings?" Yugi asked.
"Now I'm confused. What do you mean?" I asked.
"Every year at this time, offerings are collected from here and another kingdom, so that the Mythic Dragon can be resurrected," Edina answered.
"The Mythic Dragon?" Yugi asked confused.
"The other kingdom has already put up thief offering, some stranger from a distant land," she said.
"That's Seto! Please, tell us where he is!" Mokuba pleaded.
"He's in a dark castle floating in the sky," Edina said.
"A dark castle?" Mokuba asked.
"Why does that sound familiar?" Joey asked. I gasped.
"My battle with Panik! The Castle of Dark Illusions!" I told them.
"That painting tells a tale," Edina pointed to a painting. It was a giant bird flying between night and day. "We have passed down the tales from generations. Long ago, a hero escaped the dreaded castle on a flying machines. It is said he hid his vessel in Simlou a thousand years ago. His ship was never found and there's no other way to reach the dark castle," she finished.
"We could fly there on Joey's dragon," Mai said.
"A magic barrier protects the castle, no duel monsters can penetrate it," Edina told her.
"Oh no," Mokua looked down. I grabbed his hand.
"Don't you worry, just keep telling yourself 'this is only a game'," Mai told him. Edina looked at Mai confused. "I mean lift's a game!" Mai added. I smiled a little and looked at the princess.
"So, what are you going to do about your kingdom's offering?" I asked. The woman started to tear up as Edina frowned.
"Well, I've volunteered," Edina answered making us all gasp. "But don't worry about my fate, for with the legend comes a prophecy and it predicts that epic heroes will come to Simlou from beyond the distant mountains. It is these great heroes, who united, will create a power that will be strong enough to destroy the Mythic Dragon," she told us.
"Are you saying that you think that's us?" Yugi asked.
"You think we're the epic heroes from the prophecy?" Mai asked.
"Yes, on your shoulders rests the fate of our kingdom," Edina told her.
"Alright now, super Joey is here to save the day!" Joey grinned. I groaned, face in my hands.
"We're all doomed," I kinda joked. Yugi and Mokuba patted my shoulders feeling the same.
"Super Dork's more like it. This isn't an eating contest, Joey. This is dangerous," Mai told him.
"Whatever. We gotta go through that Mythic Dragon to rescue Kaiba anyway, right? The way I see it, there's no choice," Joey said. Yugi, Mokuba, and I agreed.
"To properly prepare you, we will adorn you in the manner of our greatest heroes," Odette smiled. We were taken to our rooms. Mai and I got dressed in body armor, mid thigh length tunic, cap, and knee boots. Mai had a purple tunic and dark blue cap while I had a light green tunic, skirt, and boots, I was then given a silver wrist band. We were also given swords.
"A girl like me can get used to his," Mai said as she walked out of her dressing room.
"Tell me about it, I actually like this outfit," I walked out putting my black and gold hair in a ponytail. Mai smiled.
"You look amazing. Kaiba would be drooling if he saw you, hun," she told me. I blushed and wanted to change the subject.
"How'd you make out, Yugi?" I asked.
"Well, I feel a bit silly," he answered turning around. He wore blue body armor, red cap, tight leggings, and calf length boots. He also had a sword.
"Silly? I think you look just great," Mai said. I nodded with a smile.
"Yeah, it suits you, Yugi," I told him. He blushed a little.
"If you say so. You know Mai, Kaiba Corps execs have reprogrammed this game. You could be putting yourself in danger," Yugi told her.
"Yugi, did you check me out? I look way too good to be sitting at home," Mai said. I just chuckled as Yugi shook his head.
"You're okay, Mai," Yugi said.
"Where's Joey anyway?" I asked looking at them. Joey appeared out of the curtains...well, only his head. He was blushing too.
"Back here, and back here is where I'm staying too," he said.
"Oh come on, don't be such a wimp," Mai said. I chuckled.
"It can't be that bad," I said. He stepped out and I covered my mouth to hold my laughter. He only wore an animal skin that was mid thigh length and covered half of his chest and one strap over the shoulder. He wore a silver belt and carried a club, and also wore a skull helmet.
"I'm wearing a bathroom rug, Mai!" Joey complained.
"But, Joey, this is the traditional garb of our bravest national hero," and old woman said. Lightning struck making us whip around to the window.
"Lightning?!" Joey gasped.
"That storm came out of nowhere!" Mai said. We all ran out onto the battlements. "Something ain't right here," she added.
"I've got a real bad feeling about this, guys," Yugi said. I nodded agreeing.
"Princess, it's far too dangerous for you to be out here," an old woman said. I turned and saw Edina and Mokuba. I walked over and stood with them as the castle appeared in the sky.
"Look! A castle floating in the sky!" Yugi said.
"Oh dear!" I woman cried out.
"The Castle of Dark Illusions..." Yugi gasped.
"Nevermind the castle, look at all those Duel Monsters," I pointed. There were hundreds of monsters flying towards us.
"this looks as if they've come to get their offering," Joey said
"The Princes," Yugi gasped.
"Get ready, guys!" I warned.
"I've never seen so many Duel Monster in one time!" Joey shouted.
"How are we going to stop them all?" Mai asked. To my right I saw a figure moving from tower to tower, coming for us.
"Look out! The Armed Ninja!" I shouted.
"No way is he laying a hand on the Queen," Joey glared.
"We've gotta stop him!" I said.
"Leave it to me," Mai said drawing her card. "Dark Witch, attack!" She ordered. Dark Witch took down a few monsters.
"This won't work. There're too many monsters to fight at a time. Listen, Mai, summon back your Dark Witch," Yugi told her.
"Then what?" She asked.
"We'll have to used another strategy," he said. Mai called her Dark Witch back. Yugi went to activate his Dark Hole magic card, but a kunai suddenly stabbed the card knocking out of his hand.
"On the tower, Yugi! The Armed Ninja!" Mai said.
"Yeah look, that no good ninja destroyed your Dark Hole card, Yug," Joey said. A net was then thrown over Edina.
"Princess!" We all gasped.
"Don't let him get away!" I shouted.
"Axe Raider! Use Kunai with Chain to attack!" Joey ordered. The Ninja was stopped dropping the royal princess. The Whipped Tail Crow appeared and grabbed the net.
"No! They're getting away!" I shouted.
"Princess! Edina!" We all shouted. The monsters vanished as did the dark clouds.
"Oh no, what have I done? They've taken Mokuba," Mokuba...at least who I thought was Mokuba said. "He's gone, Mokuba's gone," Edina said.
"Mokuba? What, you're not Mokuba?" Joey asked shocked.
"Edina?! They've got Mokuba?!" I said worried.
"Yes, that was him, he wanted to go," she said. She then told us what Mokuba wanted to do so he could be with Seto. "It's all my fault. He was so brave and I was afraid. Don't you see, I was the one meant to be offered, not Mokuba, and not Odette. Please, you must save him," Edina said.
"But how do we reach the dark castle?" Joey asked.
"I don't know, but either way, I'm not giving up. They've got both of them up in that castle. I'm not stopping until we're all safe," I glared up at the castle, fists clenched and shaking.
"Look, guys, down there! Ancient Ruins!" Yugi pointed. We looked over and saw it. "They must've been uncovered by the storm," he said.
"That's the symbol of the ancient flying machine!" Edina said.
"Wow, so this is where your ancient hero hid it," I said.
"But if it is buried under there, it must be a fossil by now. How can we ever restore it?" Joey asked.
"I don't know, but it's the only way of rescuing my brothers. Let's get down and check it out," I said. We made out way down to the machine.
"Yug, it's hopeless. There's no way a plane that old is going to fly," Joey said.
"No it won't. That's why we have to restore it to the way it was a thousand years ago!" Yugi said.
"Restore it? But how is that possible?" He asked. I gasped with Mai.
"Of course! Don't you get it, Joey?" Mai asked.
"Huh?" Joey was confused.
"Listen, if the passage of time corroded the flying machine, then turning back the clock will make it as good as new. And what card can turn back the clock, Joey?" I asked him. He was confused for a moment until he finally got it.
"Oh, that one Yugi gave me before Pegasus' tournament. The Time Wizard. It can make things like they were a thousand years ago, but if the hands land on the skulls, it'll take our life points," Joey said.
"We've got to risk it. Seto and Mokuba's futures hangs in the balance," I told him making Yugi and Mai agree with a nod.
"Here goes nothing. Come on, Time Wizard. Take us back a thousand years. Time Magic!" Joey ordered.
"Something's happening," Mai said as the ruins started to change.
"Joey, I think it's working," Yugi said.
"The ruins, they're rebuilding themselves!" Joey said happily.
"No, Joey. Time's rebuilding them," I correct. We all duct out of the way as the ground continued shaking. It soon stops and we looked at the town.
"Old Simlou. Its...it's beautiful," Mai gasped. I nodded agreeing.
"It didn't work," Joey said frustrated. The ground shook again.
"I think you spoke too soon, Joey! Something's happening!" Yugi said. The ground broke apart and we all cried out as we were being thrown around. The ground continue to shake until an ancient flying machine arise from the ground...all four of us were on it.
"We're flying..." Joe said shocked. "I guess that Time Wizard must've done the trick!"
"Yeah!" Yugi and I smiled.
"You did it!" Mai hugged Joey. We then heard everyone cheering. The whole village and Edina were cheering for us.
"Talk about a bon voyage. Hey, look who it is," Joey said as Eru flew up.
"Eru, I guess this means you're coming with us, huh?" Yugi asked. Eru nodded. I smiled and looked to the castle.
"Alright, Seto, Mokuba, we're on our way! Just hang on!" I said.
"I'm driving! I called it! I'm driving!" Joey ran to the front. We then made our way to the castle. "This is our captain speaking. If your direct your attention to the left side of our aircraft, you will see a freaky floating castle, some clouds, and what appears to be a swarm of wings monsters ready to devour us!" Joey freaked.
"Hang on!" Yugi exclaimed as the monsters drew closer.
"Here they come!" I said.
"And I couldn't be more ready," Mai took out a card. "Attack, Harpy Lady!" She ordered.
"Attack, Fierce Knight!" Joey said next.
"Dark Magician, attack!" Yugi summoned.
"Queen of Angels!" I ordered. My dragon appeared and took out most of the monsters with Angel's Light Wing attack.
"Alright! Our monsters are kicking butt!" Joey said. The ship jolted. I looked over and saw the ship had been hit.
"Something's hitting us!" I exclaimed. Yugi fell over losing his balance. A monster was coming straight for him. "Yugi, watch out!" I cried. Dark Magician looked over, but he was too far away to save him. Eru got between them, but was knocked to the side as a monster attacked her.
"Eru!" Yugi and I shouted. Dark Magician appeared and destroyed the monster. Yugi and I nodded to each other. "Swords of Revealing Light!" We shouted. Once the monsters were locked in place, I ran over to Yugi as he picked Eru up.
"Are you okay? Eru, say something," Yugi pleaded. I could see tears in his eyes. Eru smiled at him before she vanished. "No...she's been digitized. I've had enough!" He clenched his fists. Yami then came out in Yugi's place.
"Alright, Joey, charge ahead," Yami told him while helping me up. We made our way over to Joey who flew to the castle. We hit a barrier.
"We've hit the magical barrier!" Mai said.