Thief and Return

~Nikki~
We were running through the corridors when we ran into a young Egyptain man...well, he appeared in front of us, magically. He came towards me and Yugi. He touched a key to Yugi's forehead while his other hand touched mine. I looked at the man.
"Who are you? What is going on?" I asked.
"I am sorry. My name is Shadi and I have been looking for the thief of the Millennium Eye," Shadi told me. I crossed my arms.
"Well, I don't have it. Look all over. I have nothing to hide," I told him. He nodded and looked around. He went to what he called my 'Soul Room'. It was warm and loving. There was soothing music playing, a gentle fire in the fireplace. He then went to another room. The door was golden, but who it belonged to, I didn't know. He opened it and it was almost the same as mine, but it looked like it belonged to a royal princess. It was beautiful.
"Princess Naira's Soul Room," Shadi informed me.
"Indeed," I heard a voice similar to mine. I turn to find a version with me dressed in royal Egyptian robes, and her hair was a little curlier. Like Mai's. Her hair was black and had golden highlights like mine. And her eyes were still the same green. "It has been a long time, my friend. I see you have met my light," Naira smiled warmly at us. "Now, I know why you have entered my chamber, but to think my light would be a thief. You have known me for many millennia, Shadi. You know me or any of my reincarnations wouldn't be so low as to steal," she told him. Shadi bowed.
"I am truly sorry, my Princess. I just felt I had to be sure," he told her. She smiled at him.
"I know and that is wise to be cautious. You need to become more careful though, I have not generally spoken to my light yet," Naira said a little embarrassed. I have a spirit like Yugi?! "You know of the customs in this time. Those are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around," she stated. Shadi nodded.
"Once again, my apologies," he told her. I soon found tablets side by side.
"What is this?" I asked. Naira walked up beside me, Shadi on the other side.
"Five thousand years ago, Egyptian kings and queens played a game of great and terrible power. Shadow games were played with real magic and real monsters, but those games erupted into a war that threatened to destroy the entire world, until the king and the princess locked the magic away, sealing the monsters in stone tablets. This world has not known of this magic since," Naira answered. I looked at the monsters.
"They look like Duel Monsters," I mused. All of a sudden, a ray of light land next to me. I turned to see "Queen of Angels," I gasped in awe. She looked like she was ready to attack. "Wait, I'm not an intruder, you know me. You recognize me. Stand aside and let me pass through," I ordered her. She relax and smiled before standing aside. Naira smiled and I looked at her. "I have a question...Why is that I feel connected to Queen of Angels and Slifer the Sky Dragon?" I asked her. She smiled.
"Queen of Angels was our guardian and protector. Slifer on the other hand was our best friend. He had been a friend to me since I was a baby. He feels that connection with you as well, Nicole," she answered. I smiled at the thought. I then frowned.
"So...will I talk to you again?" I asked her. She gave a sad smile.
"I'm afraid not, my light. I was only here until you unlocked all the powers of the Bracelet...and waken your true powers. You are a very magical girl, Nicole Fudo. I know you won't let me down. Just...promise to take care of my brother for me," she said to me. I smiled and hugged her. She was shocked for a moment then hugged me back.
"I promise, Princess Naira," I told her. I then woke up. "Whoa, talk about the crazies," I mumbled. Yugi nodded in agreement. We then made our way back to Bakura and Mokuba.
"Bakura!" Tristen called.
"Hey Bakura, you up there?" Joey asked.
"Yes, I'm here with Mokuba. He's coming around!" Bakura relied. We all ran to them.
"Is he okay?" I asked worried.
"Yes, he's fine," Bakura answered me. I ran over to Mokuba then.
"Mokuba, sweetie?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled.
"Nikki!" He hugged me. I smiled and hugged him back.
"So he's really alright!" Yugi smiled. I nodded.
"Yes, he's fine," I said as I stood up.
"Who would've believed Pegasus would keep his word," Tristen mused.
"Yeah, go figure," Yugi agreed. He then looked at Mokuba. "So, how you doing, Mokuba? You feeling ready to get off this island?" My brother asked.
"Not without Seto. Where's my big brother?" Mokuba asked. I pulled the kid to my side.
"We will see him soon enough, don't worry. I bet he knows that you're here safe with me," I told him before I kissed his head.
"Yugi, Nicole," we heard. We turned so see Croquet walking towards us. "Due to his illness, I'm afraid Mr. Pegasus will not be able to attend," he told us.
"If you ask me, it's just a lame excuse to avoid paying up on the prize money," Joey said annoyed.
"All prizes are still to be rewarded. Yugi has already received his agreed up award for three soul cards, but in addition there are these," Croquet opened a box revealing two cards.
"What are they?" I asked.
"They are called the Ties of Friendship. They are the only cards of their kind, hand painted by Pegasus himself. I was instructed to hand them over personally to the both of you, Yugi Moto and Nicole Fudo. You are now officially the King and Queen of Games," he told us. He then took an envelope out. "This contains the check for the prize money, won by Yugi in his duel with Nicole." Yugi and I shared a look before smiling and nodding. We then looked at Joey.
"It's all yours, Joey, just like Nik and I promised," Yugi told him.
"You two are the best," Joey said taking the envelope.
"Three million dollars, Joey!" Tea smiled.
"For your sister's operation," Tristen added.
"Yeah...we've been apart for so long...but I can save her from going blind," Joey said happily.
"That's great, Joey," Yugi said as I nodded.
"Yeah, you bet," Joey agreed.
"Now, we'd like you all to leave," Croquet then left.
"Yugi, Nikki, I just realized. If Mokuba's soul has been returned then maybe..." I but Tea off.
"Yeah, it should mean that Grandpa's recovering too. I can't wait to get him out of that hospital!" I smiled. Yugi agreed with me. I then looked at Mokuba. "Let's go find your brother, kiddo," I said to him. He nodded and we got going. Mokuba and I spent time calling for Seto.
"The castle is huge, Kaiba could be anywhere," I heard my brother say. It's then we heard the gates creak open.
"Big brother!" Mokuba ran over to his brother and hugged him. "You're here! You're here!" He cried.
"I'm here now," Seto smiled at his brother.
"Come on, let's not get all mushy and gooy, ya know. I can't take it," Joey choked up smiling. I giggled.
"Oh, Seto. I didn't know what happened to you, but I never stopped thinking of you, big brother," Mokuba said showing him the picture.
"I know, I would've done anything to save you," Seto pulled his out too.
"Yugi and Nikki told me you risked a lot and now the two of us are together again, Seto," Mokuba smiled.
"So, what do you say, little brother, ready for me to take you both back home where we belong?" Seto asked him. Mokuba smiled at him.
"You bet," he agreed. Seto looked at Yugi.
"Thank you, Yugi. Thank you for saving my brother's soul. He means everything to me," Seto told him.
"How could I do anything else?" Yugi smiled.
"And I am grateful, but because of our circumstances our duel was not really conclusive," Seto said. I rolled my eyes still smiling.
"Yes, you're right," Yugi agreed.
"One day we will meet in the arena again to decided which one of us is truly the better duelist and one of us will walk away with pride," Seto told him. Yugi nodded agreeing. Seto looked at me. "And Nikki...thanks for everything," he said to me. I smiled with a slight blush.
"I-it's was nothing,"I told him. He nodded then frowned.
"I also want to apologize for earlier..." I interrupted him as I walked forward and hugged him taking him by surprise. He hugged my back then making me feel safe and warm. We pulled back and I kissed his cheek making him cover up the slight blush he was forcing down.
"I already forgave you a while ago," I told him. He smiled at me. He looked at Mokuba.
"Come on, my copter's waiting," he told his brother. Mokuba nodded and hugged me before leaving. After they left I looked at the others and we all realized something.
"THE BOATS ARE GONE! KAIBA!" We all ran to the copter and asked for a ride. Well, the other's begged, I asked. This guy keeps saving me in more ways than one. We made it home and went to the hospital after school the next day. I also had my arms checked out and bandaged up.
"What's the matter, Yugi and Nikki? You're not surprised to see me up and about, are you?" Grandpa asked us. Yugi and I ran over and hugged him.
"We missed you so much, Grandpa," I told him. We pulled away.
"Ready to go home?" Yugi asked. We were now on our way home.
"So, you saved me and become champions of the Duelist Kingdom?" Grandpa asked us.
"We didn't do it alone, everyone helped," Yugi said. I nodded.
"Got that right. Because of them I'm now the best female duelist in the world," I grinned happily.
"And let's not forget me," Joey said.
"You must have improved since the last I saw you duel," Grandpa mused.
"Grandpa, maybe you should go home and rest a little," I said worried.
"Yeah, you just got out of the hositpal," Yugi agreed.
"Don't be silly, you two. I feel great. One, two, three, four. One, two, Ah!" He was stretching until he cracked his back making me worry.
"Grandpa!" I gasped.
"You okay, Mr. Moto?" Tristen asked.
"Just a little stiff, that's all," Grandpa replied.
"Hey, you. I have something to say to you, that is if you're who I think you are!" I heard a little girl's voice say. We all turned to see a little girl about Mokuba's age stand by the shop with a teddy bear and luggage cart. She walked up to Grandpa looking mad. "Tell me, are you Solomon Moto?" She asked.
"Yes and who might you be?" Grandpa asked. That's what I want to know!
"Who might I be? I might be Rebecca, and I might have just got into town, and I might have been here waiting for you to show up. It's not nice to keep a lady waiting, you know," Rebecca said. Yugi and I chuckled.
"A lady?" We asked. She's about as much of a lady as my pinky finger!
"That's right, you saying I'm not a lady?!" She yelled getting in our faces. I pulled Yugi back gently by the shoulders while glaring at the brat.
"Hey, what's a little squirt like you doing traveling by herself? That's dangerious," Joey stated.
"I can take care of myself and if not, I have teddy to protect me, right, teddy?" She asked her bear.
"She talks to the bear?" Joey asked. I giggled at his tone. I also giggled at the thought of her knowing how to take care of herself. I highly doubt it.
"Rebecca, what is it you want from me?" Grandpa asked.
"My card back!" She yelled.
"Beg pardon?" Grandpa asked her.
"You have my Blue Eyes White Dragon, now give it back to me!" The brat yelled. We were all confused. Honestly, I'm starting to think she's annoying next to Weevil Underwood. "You all heard me, I want my Blue Eyes back right now!" She yelled.
"Slight problem, brat," I grumbled. Seto had torn it up. Rebecca went on about how she's a battle prodigy. Ha! Then why wasn't she asked to go to Duelist Kingdom?! The kids only eight years old, three years younger than Mokuba.
"More like eight inches tall," Joey whispered to me making me laugh.
"And this is why you're one of my favorite friends, Joey." I high fived him. Yugi told us that he heard about Rebecca, she made a big funn in the media since she was that young. She then yelled at Grandpa again about wanting the card and would duel for it. Joey wanted to strangle the girl and I was right behind him. "Okay, you little brat. You want a tough lesson, then fine. You can duel anyone of your choice, but I'm telling you the card is gone. A guy took it and ripped in half. If you can't get it through your head, then we'll duel it in there. Got it?" I asked crossing my arms. Oh great, this is how my mother would talk to me when it came to dueling. Rebecca looked a little afraid of me and I didn't care. She nodded and we went to Kaiba Land where she dueled Yugi. Yugi forfeited hoping to teach the brat a lesson. She didn't and tried to take the card. Her grandfather, Arthor Hawkins, showed up. Turns out he was an old friend of Grandpa's and was the one who gave him the card. Grandpa was saddened that the card was damage and apologized for it. Arthor didn't mind it, he just cared that Grandpa kept it. This taught Rebecca a lesson and Yugi gave her the Ties of Friendship card. She then apologized to me and understood why I was angry. I smiled at the kid and pat her head saying it was alright. This week has been too long. I was finally able to get some actual some sleep through the whole night.