Heroes of Legend

"WAAAAH!" Luigi landed on the ground face first, lying still in the light from the surface. He looked around, seeing not much but darkness. He looked up right as Mario landed right on top of him, hopping off immediately to help him up.

"What is this place?" he asked.

"I don't know, too dark..." Luigi said, flipping on his flashlight. He saw a few mud spots with footprints.

"That way!" Mario noticed, too, and they pursued into the dark.

"Come on, we've gotta be coming close!" Mario the first to here to noise down the tunnel. Luigi heard soon after, but also noticed another tunnel intersecting this one, with different footprints from it...goomba footprints...

They began to see figures of two goombas in hard hats, one of them turned around, "Those stinking plumbers are here, this must be THEIR tunnel!"

"It's not ours, we were beginning to think it was yours..." Luigi stated, and everyone was quiet for a long time.

"Then who made the tunnel...?" the other goomba asked.

The group of four finally arrived at a metal sphere, very small, with a door on it. Mario slowly opened the door and stuck his flashlight inside. There was a little creature inside, a blue cloak surrounding it.

"Hello?" Luigi whispered and it jerked. The creature pushed back its hood, showing its face.

"The heroes of legend...I have found two of them..." the little guy thought.

"Heroes of legend?" Mario asked.

"A powerful plumber of red, an unexpected greatness of green, a royalty of pink, an assistant of brown, a beast of hatrid, a traveler of happiness, a star of yellow, and a guide of the beyond..."

"What's all this...for? And who are you?" one of the goombas asked.

"I am Surge, the guide of the legend, and great evil is spread throughout the universe! The heroes of legend can stop it, and you're some of them! Quickly, we must find the others!"

Peach had come to check on Mario, and was looking down the hole when she heard the pipe make a sound.

"It's-a me!" a figure jumped up through the air, landing in front of her, "Mario!"

"Mario!" she yelled as Luigi arrived, "What happened?"

Before he could answer, Surge walked up, "The royalty of pink!"