The Battle Begins

"Hya!" Mario bounced off Fawful's head, landing on a boulder nearby. Luigi quickly followed. Luigi jumped onto Mario's back, Mario quickly throwing him forward, but still holding his feet. The two did a spin through the air, making themselves into a drill underground. Fawful looked around, clueless, as the two emerged beneath him, knocking him into the air.

"Very good, a spin drill...I haven't seen one in sooooo long..." Fawful enjoyed the show.

"Luigi, green shell!" Mario yelled, taking a green shell out of his adventure bag, kicking it at Fawful. Fawful kicked it in the direction of Luigi, who simply knocked it back. It was kicked to Mario, Fawful, Luigi, Fawful, Mario, Fawful, until Luigi slipped, falling onto the shell. The shell didn't stop, and Luigi stood up, riding it around the area, until he steered it at Fawful and jumped!

"UGH!" the shell hit Fawful, knocking him over, until Luigi landed on him. "That's it!" Fawful pushed Luigi over, running to a sling star. He used it to blast into space, "Goodbye for now, hehehe!" and he disappeared from sight.

"Lumas, you're free now," Peach coaxed them out of sling star form, letting them fly away. Only one stayed: Luba.

"Mario?!?" Luba announced.

"Luba!" Mario remembered the purple co-captain of Starship Mario.

"Who?" Luigi asked.

"Long story..." Mario scratched the back of his head.

"We need transport," Surge approached, "my ship can't take us far..."

"No problem, Starship Mario is still active!"

"Really??? Even after having to use all it's star fuel to chase down Bowser???" Mario asked.

"Yep, ship shape!" Luba led them to the center of the island.