Star Bits

"What is this?" Luigi arrived at the site of the crash - the bottom of the ship - before anyone else.

"Mario and I encountered a few of all of these before, just not together," Luba inspected the meteor that had made it's home here, with clear crystals on it. "Only a perfect spin jump could crack these babies..."

"If Mario were here, we could do it...basic bros. attack..." Luigi sighed.

"Are these star bits in the crystals?" Surge questioned.

"Yeah, looks like it," Luba chuckled.

"No need for a spin jump!" Bowser yelled, charging at it. Everyone jumped out the way, and he smashed through all of them!

"Yummy! For us Lumas, anyway, don't try them yourself," Luba picked one up and ate it.

"What can we do with these?" Koops picked one up.

"They look expensive..." Guy admired.

"Incoming!" Gadd yelled from the wheel. Everyone jerked around as he maneuvered away from the meteors, Bowser trying to punch the crystals on close by ones. Eventually, Luba took the wheel and told everyone else to go below deck.

After lots of counting, E. Gadd announced they had a grand total of 51 star bits!

"We could probably sell these to petty Lumas," Bowser snorted.

"They might aid us in our quest somehow," Goomp suggested.

"Before we do anything," Surge interrupted, "we should find that last hero!"

Swoosh! Luba ducked for cover as a giant metal mushroom - bigger than him - flew overhead!

"What the..." Luba noticed it had windows in its spots, and he could see toads walking about...only five, it seemed, but still...