The Toad Brigade

*Listen to the Music: Toad Brigade Theme*

"What's that?" Toadette peered through the window.

"It looks like Mario's face!" Toadbert, a blue toad with swirly glasses, laughed at the ship being captained by the big purple star.

Toadette snorted. She wore a pink dress and had two pink ponytails with mushrooms on the tip sticking out from her cap.

Toadie, a yellow toad, was sleeping on a chair.

"Quit all that, you're freaking out Skiddy!" Yelled Captain, a red toad who devoted his life to the Toad Brigade.

Skiddy was a green toad running in circles, truly scared, in the center of the room.

"Should we not check it out, or at least communicate with this vessel?" Toadette asked.

"What do you think I'm doing?" Captain called back. Toadette looked out the window to see they were arriving there.

Captain opened the speaker to yell at it, "Permission to land?" he announced and waited. A hatch opened up on the bottom of it, knocking off a meteor.

Captain piloted the ship into it, landing in the deck, and the hatch closed.

"Hello!" Captain opened the door to his ship as a door was opened to the outer shell of the other ship, letting in some of the crew. One Captain recognized.

"B-B-B-Bowser?!?" Skiddy screamed, even awaking Toadie, still inside, but he soon fell back asleep.

"Captain?" Luba remembered.

"Wait, Luba? I guess I didn't recognize this Starship Mario with Mario not at the wheel..." Captain rubbed the back of his head. "But what are YOU doing here?" he turned to Bowser.

"Helping, weakling," he undermined the crew of the Mushroom Brigade.

"Well," Captain turned the light off of his flashlight-headband and pulled a star bit out of his bag, "What's the deal this time?"

---

After lots of conversation, the Toad Brigade joined the crew, and everyone got their own job. Of course the heroes, (Captain being realized as the Traveler of Happiness,) did their adventure thing. Skiddy kept up with all of the star bits and coins. Luba and E. Gadd captained the ship. Toadbert did studies on anything unusual, at the moment analyzing anything strange about the shards of crystal that were found. Toadette tended to the gardens and appearance of the ship, while Toadie 'guarded' (slept on the ship's nose.) Kamek was in charge of keeping Bowser's Personal Guard in line, while the three mostly just hung around. Toadsworth spent his time attending to Peach, while the princess herself sat in the Toad Brigade's tiny, yet cozy, ship, awaiting the return of Mario.