House of Cards

THOOM! Luigi awoke to a very loud sound. He ran to the outer to see Toadie frozen in his sleep in a crystal on the nose! He ran to get help from Bowser, but the instantly stopped moving and saw clear crystal in his eyes. He had been frozen as well!

"What's going on?" he saw Kamek fly out to see, but she and the ship started...falling? No, he was being taken up by a tractor beam! The last thing he saw before fainting was the distant face of Mario, floating through space...

"LUIGI!!!" Luigi heard a distant voice. he opened his eyes to see he was still in the crystal, but as a cage, and he could move inside it. He looked across the room to see Mario in a metal cage, and Starlo in a glass bowl.

"Where are we?" Luigi asked his brother.

"I'm not sure, I woke up and I was in here, Starlo was asleep in there..."

"I heard a thump and warned Mario," Starlo took over. "You were here, in that."

"They're picking us off one by one," Mario suggested his idea.

"If they get Surge..." Luigi realized.

"Like a house of cards.." Starlo stared at the wall in horror. "...and he's the bottom."

~~~

"They have three heroes, and an army... We have 5 heroes and a crew...the odds are even, I'd say," Surge assured everyone in panic. They had avoided capture, but had no time to track the ship.

"I think I'm picking up a signal..." Gadd interrupted. "A small ship, not Big Dark Doom Guy's, but of his fleet, headed for the Maple Galaxy. Should we?"

"We need to focus our attention on rescuing Mario, Luigi, and Starlo..."

"We could send in a small fleet..." Toadsworth suggested.

"The Toad Brigade!" Peach yelled and turned to Captain. "Please?"

"You can count on us!" he saluted, his pack of odds and ends jingling.