History

It started long ago, really. My people were terrorized by a cloaked figure who called himself Doom...

Doom was defeated by 8 heroes, all of my kind. They locked him away in the depths of a far off moon. Doom predicted he would rise again, to destroy the universe and everyone in it.

The heroes each gave a description of who they wish to pour their souls in when they die, the heroes of the future. These were the heroes of legend, you all.

Now, a few months ago the moon Doom was imprisoned on was destroyed, and a black hole created in it's place. We predict Doom is back, and I was noticed by the high council to fit the description of the guide. If I was here, you all would be too, so I set out for your planet.

~~~

"OK, not much to go on, but more than we knew before," Toadsworth remarked.

"What's that?" Mario pointed over the rail by the wheel, at a castle flying after them.

"Is that...Bowser?!?" Starlo asked.

"Oh no!" Peach cried out.

"Who is this 'Bowser'?" Surge asked.

"Well...wait a minute, he could be the 'great evil' hero!" Luigi realized.

"In that case, we must speak with him," Surge decided.

"Whoa, we can't just walk into flying-castle-of-doom and ask them to HELP us," Luba guarded the wheel. "We don't even know the full story on what we need help with!"

"If you won't," Surge used a warp pipe on the ship's nose, "I will. As long as the castle and the ship are close enough, I can get back via warp pipe."

"WE can get back via warp pipe," Mario stood beside him.

"Luigi and I too!" Starlo flew up.

"What? No!" Luigi backed up.

"I'll go..." Peach started to walk, Luigi stepping in front of her.

"It's too dangerous, you can't. I guess I'll have to..." Luigi finally joined them, and the four ran to Surge's small ship, landed in some bushes made to look like Mario's mustache. The ship was cramped, but it got them to land right into Bowser's throne room by crashing through the window. Mario and Luigi jumped out, Starlo flying to hide under Mario's cap until needed. Surge walked in front of the two, staring at the empty throne.

"So it was you two all along, and a new dork with you..." an angry voice yelled, and Bowser dropped from atop a high balcony and landed in his throne.

"I know things haven't been great between us, but we need your help," Mario started.

"Why would I help Mario and Green 'Stache?" Luigi became infuriated by the nickname Bowser gave him, undermining him in comparison to Mario.

"You've done it before! Remember when Count Bleck threatened to destroy our realm with the Chaos Heart? And when Fawful tried to make the Mushroom Kingdom his domain, even going so far as to unleash his own disease, the blorbs!" Mario reminded him.

"Bowser, let's face it, you make a good hero!" Starlo said.

"Urgh, that does it!" Bowser roared at them.

"SHOWTIME!"