Chapter 20

20.

It was seductive.

The room was incased in a warm amber hue reminiscent of a setting sun, courtesy of low-lying light-bulbs attached to the wall in various places, covered with glass. An enchanting chandelier with oval amber stones attached to each other in a ring fell down from the ceiling. Its light-bulbs were arranged in a circle and they too contributed to the amber color of the room.

The bed was in the middle of the room, with sheets so soft and warm it felt as though they were magical, sucking out all the ailments and fatigue in the body and replacing them with renewed energy. Except for the bed the room's only other furniture was a couch by the large window whose silk curtains were drawn. There was a mirror directly facing the bed.

The room was simple yet looked elaborate, like every item in it was placed for the purpose of seduction. It couldn't have been a show of my weakness when the moment I stepped in it, it sucked me in and undressed me, laying me bare. I wasn't weak, it was just too strong.

I enjoyed having sex with Ross. I satisfied a carnal desire, a desire I couldn't always ignore. But it was just that, a carnal desire. Ross was sexy, attractive... desirable. His small waist always triggered an itch in me to just grab him by it and his small round ass made me crazy with desire. His movements always burned a fire in me that needed to be released. He knew what to do, how to do it and when to do it. It didn't strike me as odd how he could be so good and yet he seemed to be a loner, someone with few sexcapades at best. Maybe it was an inborn talent or he'd learned from the best.

When I suggested having sex to warm up, I imagined it would be an emotionless affair like all our previous times – except for that one morning that still confused me. That was until I saw the state of his bedroom. It had a romantic feel to it, and by then I was already too aroused, having kissed and touched all the way there. Something screamed in my head that this was too much, but I ignored it.

As I lay on the soft bed with the magical sheets, I wondered if maybe I was in too deep. Sure the room had a romantic feel to it, but wasn't romance something conjured by the connection rather than the physical state of things? A candle wasn't romantic unless the person seeing the candle felt a connection with the person who'd placed or arranged for it to be placed there. Romance was in the mind.

But if romance was in the mind then did I want the place to be romantic? Did I want romance between Ross and I?

But it wasn't only my perception of the room that was worrying. Ross and I had had sex countless of time. We'd had sex. That night it felt different. It felt like that morning in my room, with the addition of a romantic atmosphere. It was slow and it was sensual.

He kissed me on every part he could access and I caressed him on every inch of his body, drawing intricate lines only I could see. His body was like a canvas to me. I wanted to draw him and draw on him. I wanted to sketch every little detail, including a small scar I found just underneath his armpit and the slight butt-cheek dimple I hadn't noticed for a long time. When I caught sight of our bodies melted together on the mirror, I wanted to draw that image.

His well-rounded butt was sitting perfect on my groin, his leg straddling me. I was lying flat on back, my legs bent at the knees to create walls around him. His body was leaning towards my head and his abdomen melted with mine. My hands around him kept him steady. It wasn't a new position. It wasn't different. But I saw us.

It was like a reminder of what I was doing, a confirmation. I didn't hate it, no surprise there. I was supposed to feel nothing. I loved it.

I couldn't possibly want romance. I didn't need romance. Loving the view of me having sex with Ross didn't mean anything. Noticing the romantic feel of the room held no meaning. The slow sensual sex with stupid jokes and cuddling afterwards meant nothing.