Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

I glared at my schedule; you would think a vampire and werewolf wouldn’t have many classes together right? Wrong. Karson and I didn’t have one together: Technology Basic. Besides that he was in my: Super Natural History, Astrology, Astronomy, Legends and Myths, Classic Literature.

“So this term we are going to be studying local legends, people, and events.” The teacher said writing this all down on the chalkboard. It just so happens that she was a friend of my mother’s. Great.

She was a fairy, who protected my cousin who had owned this house. My cousins are the Princesses of Fairies, they had to flee because their people were having a civil war and it wasn’t safe. So they came to live here with their trusted servant who my mother quickly befriended.

I was sitting next to Karson with my head down trying to avoid the teacher. He looked at me confused, “Tori what are you doing?” he asked.

I saw the teacher freeze out of the corner of my eye. She slowly turned around and stared at Karson. Yes, she had met John she was at the engagement party we had. She couldn’t make it to the wedding because she had business to take care of which I am still wondering what it was.

Then her eyes slid to mine and she gasped. I just smiled sheepishly at her; she didn’t know I was alive. She motioned for me to join her outside the classroom. I nodded and followed her out. “Victoria?” she asked with tears in her eyes.

“Hello Ann.” I greeted. She hugged me tight and I was frozen for a moment. It has been a long time since someone hugged me except James.

“I thought you were dead! Yet, here you are alive? With John?”

“Yes, I am alive. But no, he isn’t John. His name is Karson Brownfield. He knows little of John so I hope you will be able to keep that a secret.”

“Is he related to him?”

“His great-great-great grandmother is Rebecca.” I stated.

“Is James the grandfather?”

“No.” I answered.

“Then who is it?” she asked bemused. I shrugged and then told her my theory. There was one man who I knew was in love with Rebecca besides James. He was James’s friend—Thomas Richards.

The story with Thomas was that he was great friends with the boys, but Rebecca and I hated him. He always was flirting with us and making us uncomfortable. We had confronted John and James about it but they told us he was harmless. This continued for a while until Tommy (our nickname for him) went too far with Rebecca, she freaked out and ran crying to John. John freaked out and he and James “talked” to him—more like beat him up—and things were calm for a while.

But I knew something they didn’t. My father was teaching Tommy and I spells; Tommy was a warlock.

I don’t know what happened to Tommy, I assume he died after the Wedding; I never cared enough to look him up. But now…  I might have too. I agreed to tell her more later but we needed to go to class.

When she was teaching she seemed very passionate about it, she put it in a way that made almost everyone understand. I already knew everything we were learning, I knew from experience. I had never been to a school before, never have I been in a classroom either.

Women hadn’t gotten rights yet so there was no need for it. But now I am regretting that fact. I listened intently as I heard new pieces of information that I have never heard before. It was amazing how one person was able to absorb all of that knowledge and then be able to make us have the knowledge as well.