Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen:

“What did you just think?” Karson asked going into scary ‘tell me the truth or I am going to go all wolf on you’ mode. I looked at him with a guilty smile, “Really? You aren’t going to answer me.”

“John I-“I quickly covered my mouth with my hands when I realized what I had just said.

“John?” he seemed really pissed off at me. James pulled Jazz and himself out of Karson’s pending explosion and I cowered. “You first think, well ‘Karson is the reincarnation of John and we aren’t going to tell him’ and now you can’t even remember my name? I am very insulted that you would get us mixed up.”

James looked at Jazz, “You are the reincarnation of Rebecca. But I think we should leave these two alone to work out their differences. I am going to kidnap you and bring you off campus to go eat Taco Bell because I am starved and tacos sound awesome right. Let’s go.” He said and before anyone could protest he pulled Jazz out of them room. But I couldn’t see them because I too busy watching Karson being pissed off. He has been so nice and sweet and to see this? It reminded me of John.

There were a few moments of silence where I looked at him while he was trying to stop himself from changing into a wolf. He was shaking and his were morphing from his beautiful chocolate to pure black.

“Karson—“I tried but he cut me off with a wave of his hand. “Karson please let me explain—“

“Explain what?” he asked with a really pissed off tone. “That you kept from me that I am the reincarnation of your douche bag ex-husband? That you lied to me about something important? That you happened to get my name mixed up with some asshole that you were once in love with?” he asked getting louder and louder and angrier and angrier.

“Karson please calm down. You’re scaring me.” I told him, my voice was so quiet that I wasn’t sure he heard it until I looked up and saw that his face had softened. His eyes were back to normal and he was looking at me with eyes so cute I wanted to cry.

“I’m sorry Tori. I promise I will never hurt you. It’s just when you’re a werewolf the slightest thing can make you pissed off and you can’t control yourself. But I promise, I will never hurt you.” He looked at me, his eyes burning into mine for a moment I forgot about John, I forgot about my past, I forgot about everything except him and his eyes.

They were beautiful, so deep you could see into his soul and see that he was a good person so deep down that he was completely pure.  When you looked into John’s eyes, you saw power and destruction.

“I promise, no matter what I will never be John. I will never hurt you like he hurt you. He won’t come back, he’s dead.”

“But you are the reincarnation of him. Technically he’s not dead, but he is at the same time he is.” I said. “I am so sorry I didn’t tell you. But when I first saw you, you were John. Looked up you looked identical to him; you could be his clone. I was so scared, terrified that he was back. He hurt me Karson and I had to make sure you weren’t him at all. John was a compulsive liar; he was so natural that you believed him. He made you believe him.”

“See that’s a thing we don’t have in common. I can’t control minds.” He said trying to make me feel better.

“He started out just reading minds. But he realized he could do more. What you have to understand is that he used to be like you. Nice, sweet, the nicest person you would ever meet. Pretty much most girl’s dream guys. But when he turned into a vampire, he let the monster inside take over him and he went power hungry. That when he started reading minds. One day, he realized he could control them. Then everything went downhill from there.”

“In all honesty I think I like the original John. He seemed pretty awesome back then.”

I looked at him like he was crazy, “A minute ago, you were calling him a douchebag and an asshole. Now you think he is awesome because you found out he used to be like you?” he nodded, “Your unbelievable.” I said rolled my eyes.

“No, I am pretty sure I am believable. After all I am standing before you. No Tori you aren’t imagining the most perfect guy in the world, I am really here.” He smirked.

“I think I liked Original John better than you. He wasn’t as cocky.”

“But you said he used to be like me. So technically I am the total package to you because you said you fell in love with that John. So tell me Tori are you in love with me yet?” He asked moving his eye brows up and down.

I laughed, “No. But I can say one thing: John never could make me laugh as much as you do. Before I met you the only person that could get me to laugh was James. Your breaking down my walls that I built up a over a century ago. I am just trying to figure out if it’s a good thing or not.” I said with a genuine smile.

He smiled too, “I think it’s a good thing. You are an amazing person Tori, you need to let go of your bitchy side and open up. Let people see the real you.”

I felt my heart flutter, something that has happened for 150 years. I was falling for Karson. Hard. And that worried my deeply.

“So did you sleep with him?”

I was so taken back by his question I just gaped at him for a moment. Then I recovered myself and said, “I am not having this conversation with you.” I turned away from him, ready to get up to go find James and Jazz but then Karson spoke.

“Then how about with me?” There was something in his voice that made me freeze. I turned around and almost screamed.

“John.” And he holding a pair of scissors to what used to be Karson neck.