Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

“Hello Victoria.” He said with his famous John smirk. He took a step towards me and I took a step back.  “It’s been over a hundred years and you still are scared of me.”

I glared at him, “I’m not scared of you.” I tried to keep my voice even but it came out slightly shaken.

“Oh really?” his eyes glinted with amusement. “I think you are. Now, I don’t have much time. So here’s what I need you to do. You must bring me back.”

I looked at him like he was the most disgusting thing in the universe—which he was. “Never!”

He looked taken back slightly, and then he seemed angry. “You don’t get it do you? You don’t help me…” he trailed off bringing the scissors closer to his neck, Karson’s neck.

“No! Leave Karson alone!” I cried.

“I will, if you help me and listen to my plan.” He said. I sat down the bed and watched him carefully. “Now, I will answer what you are thinking. How is John able to control this idiots body—“

“Karson is not an idiot.” I growled at him. He pressed the scissors even closer to the skin of Karson’s and his neck.

“Watch your mouth. I control you.” He warned. “Anyways, the reason I can control Karson is from the reincarnation spell my mother casted. I have the ability to make him do anything, anything I want. I can control him like the pathetic little puppet he is.”

“You’re a jerk.” I whimpered.

“I may be one, but remember that you are still my wife. You will do anything I say.”

“Or what?” I challenged him. There was a familiar spark in his eyes. He liked to be challenged.

“I’ll kill him. I’ll kill you.” I felt tears about to spill but I held them back.

“You’re a monster.” I shot at him through clenched teeth.

“You’re unnatural.” He informed me. I glared at him, I studied him. Poor Karson, his body is being controlled by a douche-bag.

“You’re a sick, evil man. No, you’re not even a man. You are the foulest creature to ever have walked the Earth. I hope you rot in hell.”

“Oh, I have been. But soon I will walk the Earth again. I will finish what I started.” He said with a determined glint in his eyes. “But I need you to help me.”

“I can’t bring people back from the dead. That was my sister.”

“Your father could, you can. Now, my love—“he turned to leave.

“You lied to me.” I watch him freeze. He looked at me. “The only thing worse than that is that I believed you.”  

“Yes, you did. You should have known, you knew I was lying. You came and questioned me every day. But I made you forget. Then I fed from you.”

“You son of a bitch.” I yelled at him. “You used me as you own blood bank? That’s low even for you.”

“You begged me for it. You thought if you fed me I would stop killing people. It didn’t help.” He stopped he reached out and touched my hair, “Then I would erase everything from you’re pretty little innocent mind.” I flinched away from him. “You were weak and naïve and that was the worst thing. It wasn’t my fault. IT was yours. You burned the church down. You’re going to help me, because no matter what, you are still my wife. Even if you don’t want to be. You are.” He said pinning me to the wall. “Now, listen up. Because here’s the plan.”

James’s Pov.

“Jazz! Wait up!” I called as I ran after her. I was about to reach for her arm.

“Don’t touch me!” Jazz yelled at me lifting her hands in the air as a warning sign.

“Jazz let me explain—“

“That you lied to me and never bothered to tell me that I am the reincarnation of your dead ex-girlfriend?” She asked with tears in her eyes. “I really liked you James, and to find out that you only liked me because I look like Rebecca—it hurts James. I believed that I might actually have a chance with you.” Tears slid down her eyes.

“Jazz, please, don’t cry. I can’t stand it when you cry.” I pleaded wiping the tears from her cheeks with my thumbs.

“I’m not Rebecca. I’m me. Sorry to disappoint.” She said and then tried to walk away.

Did she think I only liked her because she looked like Rebecca? Her looks just add to her personality. I love everything about her. Her laugh, her voice, her smile. I love that she nice, sweet, smart, caring, intelligent, and passionate.

“I loved Rebecca. But I love you, Jazz.” With that I pulled her to me and did what I have wanted to do since I met her. I kissed her.

Victoria’s Pov.

“This is insane!” I yelled at him. There was no way the plan was going to work.

“It’s going to work and you’re not going to tell anyone or Karson commits ‘suicide’ and don’t worry. It will be brutal and bloody. Just the way you like it.” He added with a wink.

“You’re sick and twisted! He is your nephew! Rebecca’s great-great-great-great grandson! The reincarnation of you! And you are just going to kill him?”

“My mother was right, my sister was a whore. Who would have thought it would have been her, I thought it would have been you.”

That hit me in the heart. Lots of people have called me a whore: James’s father, stupid bitches, douchebags, but it hurt coming from someone who I thought I loved.

“I may be a whore, a bitch, and anything else you can call me. But at least I’m not you. And that is by far the best thing I can think about me. Because of you, you have ruined everything, you son of a bitch. You had to get power so bad, you couldn’t have stayed human. We could have both been dead by now and we could have had a long successful life together. But you ruined any chance of that. I hope you’re happy.”

“Very.” He said with a smirk. Then he left Karson’s body. And Karson’s body started to fall. I quickly grabbed the scissors out of his hand and caught him laying him on the ground.

It was when everything was silent that I finally cried. I cried because of everything I feared was returning.

Life sucked.

And that was the lesson I should learn.