"Not here. Not now."

"Why is it so bloody cold?" Arthur mumbled to himself as he walked down the sidewalk. The cold air rushing past his face as he made his way home. His tan trenchcoat and navy blue scarf were trailing in the wind. He had been walking for what felt like an hour by now and was barely half way. As he continued down the sidewalk, he came across a small coffee shop and decided to take a break from the weather.

Arthur opened the door and was hit in the face with a sweet aroma of cinnamon and tea leaves. He breathed it in and sighed with delight before walking to a secluded booth and removing his coat and scarf. He sat down, pulled out his spell book, and began to study the same spell he had been reading for weeks.

Everybody turned their heads as a tall man burst through the door of the coffee shop. "Dude, it's freezing out there!" He yelled as he closed the door and took off his bomber jacket. He stood at the doorway for a moment looking for a place to sit when his eyes fell upon a lonely looking British man reading a book. Grinning, he walked over to the table and sat across from the stranger. "Sup, dude? I'm Alfred F. Jones. I'm the hero where I come from." Alfred exclaimed while holding out a hand towards the Brit.

Arthur glanced up from his book and scowled before continuing to read and take notes. Why did I have to get stuck with this halfwit? Arthur thought to himself.

Alfred shrugged and pulled his hand back. "What are you reading there British dude?" He asked while leaning over the table to get a glimpse of the book.

Arthur snapped the book shut and glared at Alfred. "It's rude to intrude on other people's privacy." He said before reopening the book under the table. Alfred brushed off the comment and leaned against the back of the booth.

After a few seconds of silence, a waitress approached their table and asked if they wanted to order anything.

"I'll take one cup of coffee and a large cheeseburger please." Alfred said with a wink.

The waitress laughed and shook her head before replying, "I can get you a coffee but I'm afraid we don't serve cheeseburgers here."

Alfred blushed slightly in embarrassment and waved his hand in a dismissive manner. "I totally knew that. I was just making sure you knew." He said with a nervous laugh.

Arthur huffed in annoyance and rolled his eyes. He didn't even bother to acknowledge the waitress when he spoke, "I will take a cup of Earl Gray tea." With that, the waitress nodded politely and hurried back to the kitchen.

A couple of minutes passed in silence as Alfred stared out the window. He was pulled away from his thoughts when the waitress returned with their drinks. Alfred clapped his hands together happily before picking up the coffee and taking a sip.

Arthur closed his book and stood from the booth to put on his coat and scarf.

"Are you leaving already?" Alfred asked.

"I would much rather be walking in the cold than sitting here talking to someone like you." Arthur said flatly. He picked up his tea and spell book before walking to the counter to pay for his drink.

"What do you mean by 'someone like you'?" Alfred asked defensively while following the Brit to the counter. He stopped in his tracks when he began to feel a sharp pain in his back. His eyes widened and he stared at the ground in horror, "No, this can't be happening again. Not here. Not now."

Arthur turned around to face Alfred. "Are you alright?" He asked when he noticed how scared the American looked. Before he could say anything else, Alfred quickly passed him and dropped some money on the counter. He then ran out the door without giving anybody a chance to stop him. What could that idiot be up to now? Arthur let his curiosity take over and chased after Alfred.

Alfred ran as fast as he could, disregarding the voice behind him telling him to stop. He took sharp turns down roads and alleys, trying to find somewhere isolated. The pain on his back worsened as he ran. He finally came across an old playground with no one in sight. The pain was overwhelming and he finally gave in.

Luckily, Alfred had found his way into some bushes. His breathing was heavy and his heart was racing. He glanced behind him and saw a pair of dirty blonde wings to match his hair. The arches were tainted with a brilliant white. His vision became blurry as tears formed in his eyes. He hugged his legs to his chest and buried his face in his knees.