"Just a bad dream."

Alfred was shaking the screaming Brit. One moment the guy was unconscious and the next he is screaming his head off. "Arthur wake up! It's just a dream, come on wake up!" He started to yell as he continued to shake the Brit. He could feel tears forming in his eyes as he watched and heard the man scream. Please just wake up! I hate seeing you like this! Alfred thought frantically trying to help his friend escape from the wretched nightmare.

Arthur's eyes shot open and he quickly sat up in the bed, causing him to fall of the side. He scrambled to a sitting position and backed away until he hit the wall. His breathing was quick and shallow and his eyes were darting around the room.

Alfred quickly hopped off the bed and slowly walked towards the Brit. "Arthur, calm down it's okay." He said reassuringly as he continued to walk towards him.

"D-Don't come near m-me!" Arthur tried to move further back but the wall prevented this. He stared at Alfred with fear in his eyes.

The American stopped and backed away."Dude, it's just me.... Seems like that dream wasn't too fun, huh?" Alfred asked, trying to lighten the mood.

Arthur's eyes widened when he heard the comment. He clutched his head and gripped his hair. "Get out of my head! Why won't you just leave me alone?!" He screamed as he pulled his knees to his chest.

Alfred stared at Arthur, worry in his eyes. "Dude, It's me." He took a step forward and held out a shaking hand.

Arthur's head shot up and he sent a fierce gaze towards the man. "You." He said threateningly. "You think it's funny to disguise yourself as him?" Arthur got to his feet and started towards Alfred. "Well I'm done with your blasted tricks." He grabbed the American's shirt collar and slammed his fist into the side of his face.

Alfred yelled in pain as he grabbed the side of his face. "A-Arthur stop!" He cried as he tried to pull away from the man. He was terrified of being hit again and his haunting nightmare suddenly came back to him. Tears started to run down his face as he struggled.

"Get out of my head!" Arthur screamed as he sent his fist flying into Alfred's face once again, this time knocking his glasses to the floor.

Alfred was finally able to shove Arthur away. He scrabbled backwards and huddled against the wall. The American was now sobbing as he hugged his knees and started to rock back and forth, "Not again. please." He begged.

"Stop hiding and show me your real face!" Arthur kicked Alfred hard in the side. His adrenaline was pumping as the anger rose inside of him. It was as if someone was feeding coal to a raging fire.

Alfred gasped as the air was knocked out of him from the kick, "ARTHUR STOP!" He screamed in fright. He managed to stand quickly, but weakly, and tackle the Brit.

"Arthur, You h-have to snap out o-of it." Alfred demanded shakily. He pinned the Brit's hands to the ground so that he wouldn't get punched again.

Arthur was about to kick the American once again but stopped when he realized who it was. He was fighting Alfred. Alfred. Even if it was Oliver taking the form of Alfred, it was still the image of him. Arthur's eyes widened and he stared at him with disbelief. "A-Alfred?"

Alfred smiled weakly, "Hey, man." He said and kissed Arthur's head. "I'm glad your back."

The Brit was unfazed by the kiss. He continued to stare at Alfred with the same look. "I'm so sorry, Alfred." He said as tears came pouring out of his eyes.

Alfred let go of Arthur only to pull him into a large embrace, "It's okay. I understand that you were just panicking." Alfred said then moved so he could see the Brit's face. He began to gently wipe away the tears, "Now stop crying. I think your smile is much better."

"I don't deserve this." Arthur said quietly. He took Alfred's hand and formed a fist with it. "I want you to punch me back." He asked with complete seriousness.

Alfred shook his head, "I wont do it." He mumbled and kissed Arthur's head, "Not in a million years."

Arthur flinched when Alfred kiss him. "Please." He stared at the American desperately. "I won't be able to live with myself if you don't."

Alfred looked at his friend sternly, "I'm not going to do it."

"Please!" Arthur closed his eyes tightly. He couldn't bring himself to look at Alfred's beaten up face when he knew it was his doing.

"I won't be able to do it." Alfred mumbled and pulled the Brit into his lap. He buried his head into the man's shoulder and sighed, "Please, don't make me do it, Artie." He said, his voice slightly muffled.

Arthur lifted Alfred's head up gently. He stared at the bruises and cuts that had formed on the side of his face. He gently touched a hand to one of them and sighed. "Let's get you cleaned up. That's the least I could do for you."

Alfred nodded and placed Arthur out of his lap. He stood weakly and winced slightly. He held his side where he was kicked and stuck a hand out in front of him, "Artie, can you hand me my glasses please?" Alfred asked.

Arthur quickly stood up and walked across the room to retrieve Alfred's glasses. He picked them up and carefully placed them on the American's face.

"Thank you." Alfred said happily before stretching slightly but wincing from the pain that shot through his side.

Arthur smiled slightly and guiding Alfred to the bed. He made the American sit down on the side, "Stay here." He left and returned with a towel and a bowl of water.

"Thanks for helping me"

"Please don't thank me." Arthur dipped the tip of the towel in the water and gently began to dab Alfred's injuries.

Alfred would wince every now and then when Arthur would hit a sore spot, but other than that he tried to stay completely still.

Arthur finally finished tending to Alfred's injuries. He sighed and began to put the supplies away. "I'm really sorry Alfred." He said shamefully while avoiding Alfred's gaze.

Alfred carefully grabbed Arthur's chin and turned it so he was looking the Brit straight in the eyes. "You know I'm not mad at you, right? I understand that you were scared. And besides, I could never stay mad at you." He said with a smile.

Arthur felt tears welling up in his eyes. He held them back and blinked a few times to clear his vision. "I don't deserve to be forgiven, Alfred. At least tell me I was wrong or yell at me. Something. Anything." He asked desperately.

Alfred kissed Arthur, "Nah, I'm good." He said with a smile and hugged the Brit.

Arthur wrapped his arms around Alfred and buried his face in the man's shoulder. He cried silently as he hugged Alfred tighter.

"So, what were you so scared about?" He asked without letting go of Arthur.

"I..." Arthur sat there in silence, contemplating if he should tell Alfred about the dream. Maybe It would be best if he didn't know. "Just a bad dream."